The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Blood Altar - Ability Synergy Suggestion

Duality52

Garuda's Blood Altar allows her to perform a feedback loop of healing lost Health from Bloodletting for virtually infinite Energy. Unsurprisingly, it's the main ability that many people replace via Helminth due to certain abilities from other frames provide far more effective utilities than Blood Altar (i.e infamously Gloom, Breach Surge, etc.)

The suggestion is to add another ability synergy with Blood Altar with Dread Mirror: have the Dread Heart siphon health from any enemies used as Blood Altars, draining their health while scaling the Heart's damage. To elaborate upon:

1. The Heart's damage scales at 15% of the victim's total health (scales with Strength),
  2. The victim's health drain will remain the same rate as if it was healing allies/Garuda. It won't increase if Garuda needs healing while scaling the Heart's damage.
  3. Furthermore, if you want to scale the Heart's damage even further, channeling the Heart in an Altar will double the aforementioned Altar scaling. This time, this interaction will drain the Altar victim's health faster.

Blood Altar fits Garuda's visceral and elegant huntress theming, but needs extra interactions/synergies to justify its placement in Garuda's kit. Certain frames like Harrow and Hydroid are ideal kits, where all of their base kit are powerful, but present a tough choice for players if they wish to infuse an ability via Helminth onto them.

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong but i think Dread Mirror can be casted on a Blood Altar’d enemy but this synergy for damage would be much better, it atleast gives a reason to use Blood Altar over a Helminth. 

On 2024-01-05 at 11:46 PM, GPrime96 said:

I could be wrong but i think Dread Mirror can be casted on a Blood Altar’d enemy but this synergy for damage would be much better, it atleast gives a reason to use Blood Altar over a Helminth. 

You”re right it does, this suggestion though sounds much more satisfying then constantly pouncing some poor impaled dude.