The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Real" Duviri Steel Path Experience.

Xzorn

It might be late. Most are probably burned out on it but I feel some tweaks would make this a worthy option.

• No Decrees
  • Double Pathos Clamps
  • Triple Kullervo thingies
  • Objective Complete = x20-x30 resource rewards.
  • 5-10% Chance of a Durviri Arcane

Current SP Durviri is just time gate additions and Drifter Combat might just be the only situation in Warframe where skill can be rewarded.
You spent all this time showing perfect blocks, finishers and shot counters and it's all rather pointless thanks to Decrees.

This could be expanded on obviously. I'm just throwing out an idea on something that would actually work.

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

You spent all this time showing perfect blocks, finishers and shot counters and it's all rather pointless thanks to Decrees.

Decrees do this on purpose so the average player can participate. Content serves the lowest common denominator, and that probably won't change. It's the same in the Circuit. You reach a certain point where enemies plateau yet you keep scaling. 

Just let me choose alternative Intrinsics to the stuff that boosts my stats beyond what Decrees do on their own and I reckon I’d be good.

I’ll even settle for Peculiar intrinsics that provide a little visual effect, the point is I was forced out of the fighting I was enjoying just by progressing, and would like the option to change that without taking away the leg-up options that others might need

edit: And make it not just steel path. I see you, DE, introducing mechanics unique to SP. bad DE, they’re wasted on your players anyways, so might as well apply them equally

Edited by Merkranire

I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but I do agree that the "roguelike" aspect of Duviri fundamentally undermines the core experience of it. It means content is balanced "high" relative to players in order to account for decrees, but utterly fails to do so. Even a few decrees of the right kind can completely knock the bottom from under the entire combat system and make everything trivial.

*edit*
Not to mention having to stop every 5 minutes to "choose a card" is so god damn tedious...

Edited by Steel_Rook
  • Like 1