Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's 2 Tribute, should auto rotate to the next one when cast.

SuperbDave

her 2 is really not that bad, Dust + Thorn is a equivalent of 75% damage reduction. plus some extra buff, But I can't pull myself to use it as you have to long press to cast, then short press to swap, long press to cast again, and repeat. 

reverse trigger doesn't help either. 

Just auto swap to the next one when cast. or at least have this as an option. 

• Like 3

I'd rather it cast all 4 buffs at the same time.

None of them are all that powerful, and the activation requirement of casting it on an enemy and then picking up the tribute spawned afterwards is excessively cumbersome to do just once, let alone 4 times. Especially on a team where your teamates often kill the enemy before you finish the casting animation and it doesn't go through, or the enemy you tried to cast it on is a corpse before you even hit the button. I usually only ever cast thorns and dust because the other two are just not worth the effort.

For the difficulty of casting it compared to other buff abilities, it should just give all effects at once. They did this with nourish and that's a WAY more broken ability with way less effort needed to cast it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Perhaps an augment that allows all to be cast at once, but at increased energy cost (similar to Wisp's mote augment).

I really don't want to see this be an augment. The ability should just be changed to cast all effects at once like nourish was. Maybe remove the slow effect cus it's not all that helpful, if not a detriment in some cases, and there's a few subsume abilities that can do that better for those that really want slow on her.

Sick of seeing DE "fix" bad design with a mod that takes up increasingly limited mod space and reducing overall power to use as a result.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 3

I rather DE just get rid of Tribute. Make it so casting Razorwing gives all four passive unconditionally. Currently, no mods can influence Tribute. It's just a static vaule just like a passive. One we have to cast just to activate.

18 hours ago, SuperbDave said:

Just auto swap to the next one when cast. or at least have this as an option. 

Honestly, I would like it to be an option on any tap-to-cycle abilities, not just Titania.

For Wisp, it would be great for if someone didn't yet have her reservoir augment; you could swap the press/tap functionality, turn on the automatic cycle, and just tap three times to drop all the reservoirs.

Auto-cycle would be great for Xaku's 3 when you've got the Relentless Lost slotted.

Sure, there's some cases where it's not useful—I feel like 90% of the time I'm personally never going to use anything but Flechette Orb on Vauban—which is why it would be nice to have it a frame-by-frame feature.

Regardless, I think there's a lot of places other than just Tribute where that would be a really nice QoL feature.

11 minutes ago, Qriist said:

I would actually like to disable certain sub-powers so that they don't show up in the cycle at all during gameplay. Ideally, this would turn these abilities into tap/hold activations if we got down to 2 sub-powers.

For example, tap/hold for Vauban's Flachette/Overdriver and Xaku's Grasp/Gaze. I don't need or want the other cycled powers on these frames; they actively hinder me.

I could get behind that, as well. I'm all for heavy input customization.

• Like 1

Honestly, Tribute's design is the end point of trying to salvage a terrible ability and failing to do so. Originally, players couldn't pick the specific buff they got out of Tribute. I believe it depended on what enemy it was cast over. This was an objectively bad design as it was both difficult to remember which enemy gave what buff, and difficult to target them specifically. So the ability was reworked to let players select their own buff. However, all that did was let players have all four at the cost of a long and tedious process of tap-hold-tap-hold. This is "better" in only the strictest sense, because it's a massive pain in the ass to use.

DE tried the same with Wisp, and ended up giving her an Augment to just cast all three Motes at once. They tried it with Grendel and ended up reworking him into getting all three buffs at once just naturally - they aren't even treated as separate buffs any more. Titania needs something similar, as well. There's really no excuse for abilities like these. At least when it comes to Vauban's Minelayer or Ivara's Quiver, each version of the ability actually does different things. They have their own situational uses (for the most part, some of those are just useless). But that's not the case with Titania's Tribute. There's no situation where a player may want to use just some of the buffs but not others. There's no opportunity cost to having all four. The only cost is keyboard amortisation.

While not intentional, this is a prime example of "balance by annoyance".

• Like 1

Honestly they’ve been many requests to just give her an augment that allows you to just cast all the buffsat the same time and even without a target infact I’ll link my one rn…

Honestly even after the rework from the terrible “buff depends on enemy type” stick tribute used to be the ability being an excessive toggle was bad game design with no work around idk why Wisp was given an augmented but Titania still hasn’t 

On 1/6/2024 at 2:11 AM, PollexMessier said:

I really don't want to see this be an augment. The ability should just be changed to cast all effects at once like nourish was. Maybe remove the slow effect cus it's not all that helpful, if not a detriment in some cases, and there's a few subsume abilities that can do that better for those that really want slow on her.

Sick of seeing DE "fix" bad design with a mod that takes up increasingly limited mod space and reducing overall power to use as a result.

Well… Augments are also kinda supposed to provide additional benefits if they actively “fix” bad design like the specific movement ones nezha and zephyr have that a also provide slight power strength for taking up a mod slot and usually go in the exilus slot I feel like in most cases that’s what they do. The CC from Wisps electric mote can often be a detriment so that’s why it doesn’t get such because it’s not like the toggle was “bad design” for her…

• 2 months later...

Titania's tribute skill is truly a disastrous interaction design, with 4 gains needing to be released four times in a row, and needing an enemy as a target in order to release it, and also requiring the player to pick up that soul in order to get the effect. I don't know for what reason DE designed this mechanic, maybe they thought it was cool in the first place, but it actually causes endless pain to the player, who obviously wants these gains, but has to perform a series of ridiculous pre-actions every time, like a shaman dancing.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2024 at 10:22 AM, MzKsG said:

has to perform a series of ridiculous pre-actions every time, like a shaman dancing.

Couldn’t Have Explained it better myself tbh it’s just kind of rediculous how much prep we need in order to gain kinda mediocre buffs if we look at the bigger picture.

like I understand that it’s clearly a mechanic to stop her being a one trick pony boom all cast Razorwing frame but at what point does it just become inconvenient like… 

An Augment would be perfect imo and would also obviously be an exilus mod like fused reservoir is.

I just want it to provide more than just circumventing her cycle that’s why not only should it:

A: Let’s all the Buffs be cast at once

B: No Longer Need an Enemy to Activate It/ trigger it.

C: Revive All Currently Dead Razorflies

these benefits would surely make it worth the mod slot and if it isn’t just don’t slot it in then.

I feel ppl forget that Titania isn’t bad she just has a buffing mechanic that’s really inconvenient in order to prevent her being a one trick, she doesn’t necessarily have to be changed in any way really, you can even subsume her Tribute and honestly she’d still be perfectly viable.

All she needs is a an option to change that play style of hers at the cost of increased energy drain and a mod slot… an optional “augmentation” to her kit if you will. And an actual USEFUL one at that not the garbage we got cus of AG*P recommendations

I'm simply amazed you guys can find the pickup to get the buff in the first place...

75% of the time I cast it, the "soul" isn't anywhere to be found...

Which makes an already cumbersome ability (at best!) completely not worth the 20-40 seconds it takes to aquire all the buffs after recasting each toggle multiple times.

*One cast.

*All buffs.

*Not an augment.

I'd prefer if the buffs got reworked to be more useful and moddable so casting them is worth it. DE could then even give us a two aura limit since they'd be better and having such limit would help with the spammyness.

BTW I don't think losing the ability to pick which parts of the ability you want active is an improvement. Imagine being a Speedva or Speenox and having an idiot fairy slowing enemies down for no real reason.