Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let people who have completed The New War purchase blueprints for previously one-off weapons and frames like Excalibur Umbra, Paracesis, and Skiajati, considering the duplicates for people who received them for Cross-Save Merging.

Exastiken

Several users have stated that they have received multiple Skiajati, Paracesis, and Excalibur Umbra frames from merging accounts during the cross-save

Excalibur Umbra, Paracesis, and Skiajati are frames and weapons that can not be sold, and not be crafted again. Please allow players who miss the cross-save merge period to purchase blueprints to craft them again from Cephalon Simaris or another vendor, to allow users to experiment with different forma builds and mod configurations.

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Exastiken said:

Considering the duplicates for people who received them for Cross-Save Merging

What for? Whats the benefit? This gives no Additional Mastery and its very likely they will end up sending tickets to ask for the duplicates to be removed from their inventories, if DE doesnt remove it on their own.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

What for? Whats the benefit? This gives no Additional Mastery and its very likely they will end up sending tickets to ask for the duplicates to be removed from their inventories, if DE doesnt remove it on their own.

So people can have multiples and try different forma builds on these items, instead of having to swap mod polarities when mod capacity is insufficient. Also, getting duplicates were stated to be a cross-save feature, so DE will not be removing them AFAIK.

Edited by Exastiken
  • Like 1

seems reasonable, i've got two of the same prime frame because i use different shards for different loadouts, as well as formas just not lining up for both builds since we still don't have universal/double forma

if an excalibur umbra main wanted to do this they'd have to get a console, get an account on that console & connect it when they finally get excalibur umbra a 2nd time? that doesn't seem like its very respectful of the players time invested.

• Like 2

Honestly, I think almost anything you obtain in game should be re-obtainable. Anything with mechanical gameplay value, anyway. Cosmetics... fine, I don't really need a way to get a second Courtly Shawzin or whatever.

But for weapons or frames that come from the storyline or login loyalty rewards, you might want to build a second one with different polarities. For mods that come from login rewards or things like the Thermia Fractures achievements, you might hypothetically want a second copy with fewer ranks for cases where you cannot fit the drain of a fully-ranked copy. Plus, so many of those things are already able to have extra copies obtained from Simaris once you've gotten it the first time that it feels weirdly inconsistent that some things aren't available that way.

And while I grant that Umbra is an odd case, the fact that it is now possible for folks to own two due to account merges... it feels like it's reasonable to add him too, at this point. So, yeah, co-signed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Star700 said:

I sold broken war and it seems all stalker drops now is dread bp so I'm never getting it back if this doesn't happen

This I doubt will happen; the stuff added to Simaris is generally the stuff you can only get once because the main blueprint comes from a quest or a login reward or whatever. Whereas in theory, you can get all of Stalker's gear multiple times just by farming him.

(I say "in theory" because I know in practice those loot tables are terrible.)

• Like 1

On 2024-01-10 at 7:30 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

6 fashion configs is not enough, I need more Umbras. I already build multiple of every other frame for this same reason. Sometimes I put funny builds on them too. And now with Archon Shards there's cross-config choices that you need a separate frame to get around.