The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over 500 weapons but only a maximum of 180 riven slots? We need more slots...

CrashBangWallop

10 hours ago, NorthernDarkIceSoul said:

This is completely irrelevant, there is no reason for a riven slot limit to exist other than corporate greed, and you're defending it.

Just because you are incapable of seeing a reason because of your insistence on vilifying a company for making money does not, in fact, mean there is no other reason, only that you are underinformed and lack imagination to come up with any.

Just another false-equivalence-strawman argument.

Too funny.

Edited by Zimzala

8 hours ago, German said:

I recall steve saying that it's not so much about database storage and more about the fact every time you open your mod console (and i think some other cases of loading) it would load your entire riven inventory which would give you a huge freeze (and other issues) depending on how many rivens you have.

I'm at 180 capacity and I own every mod except for the new book ones and I think one new radiation one. There's definitely a few moments wait when I open up the mod station.

It's not just the storage, however much it might be, but transmitting that data constantly. Sure it's only a small amount when looked at individually, but it does add up sending the little bit of data when you go on a mission using weapons equipped with rivens and every time the mod station is opened up across the thousands of players many times every day. Think of it in terms of you dropping a few pennies in a deal at the gas station every now and then versus people trying to siphon (fractions of) pennies off transactions at million dollar companies like in Office Space. It adds up.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

I'm at 180 capacity and I own every mod except for the new book ones and I think one new radiation one. There's definitely a few moments wait when I open up the mod station.

It's not just the storage, however much it might be, but transmitting that data constantly. Sure it's only a small amount when looked at individually, but it does add up sending the little bit of data when you go on a mission using weapons equipped with rivens and every time the mod station is opened up across the thousands of players many times every day. Think of it in terms of you dropping a few pennies in a deal at the gas station every now and then versus people trying to siphon (fractions of) pennies off transactions at million dollar companies like in Office Space. It adds up.

It doesn’t add up, it’s cached on your computer