The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember the password?

Papercut76

I am very uncertain if this is the right forum, apologies in advance if I have made a mistake.

I installed the game and had a good time exploring the first few missions. Then upon exiting (for some changes to the settings on my desktop) and starting it up again I was prompted to input my password. Which I did, opened my password manager etc and copied it in. 

To my surprise the game had no option to "remember your password". Which in MY opinion is safe enough when I am already on my private desktop at home. 

Surely this must be considered a bug of sorts? Having spent some time googling and reading the forums it turned out this was intentional. 

I've had to enter my password every time I open the game now and its just enough irritation for me to uninstall and find something else to play. I would encourage an _option_ to remember password on what ever the user considers a safe environment. 

Password managers are not a good idea. Most modern viruses and infiltrators go right to password managers first, pull the saved passwords, and yank your accounts. One stop shop for your games, email, bank... while it's not the most common problem anymore, if you do ever encounter it, it's a huge problem.

2 hours ago, Papercut76 said:

I've had to enter my password every time I open the game

We've all been doing it for 10 years.... yours is one of many such complaints on here.... (I do however wish we had a password save option)

Play on console if you don't want to have to enter the password each time, apparently they don't have to.

3 hours ago, Papercut76 said:

Its not a problem for me anymore. I just uninstalled the game. 

If the lack of a "remember password" option drove you to uninstall, then you're saving yourself from much more irritation down the road. If something like this bothers you this much, it's for the best that you decided to find another game. Good luck! :)

• Like 1

my2cents is that having a remember option is quite dangerous for most of the Accounts we use in our lives. 
however, i could.... perhaps see it being not insane to have such a feature for any Computers which you have 2FA confirmed as being in your control. even then i don't like it but it does atleast mean that Computer was authenticated, atleast once. that doesn't mean it'll still be in your possession in the future so i see a security concern there still, but atleast the attack surface is significantly reduced.

on another note, if you're already intelligent enough to be using a Passphrase Database i'm surprised that the process of grabbing your Passphrase from it and entering it into whatever you're Logging into is not already second nature for you.

5 hours ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

Password managers are not a good idea. 

not using a Passphrase Database is objectively insecure and irresponsible. there is no other way to have a secure and unique Passphrase for all of your Hundreds of Accounts otherwise. so if you don't use a Passphrase Database you are simply making all of your Accounts less secure via what all of your Accounts will share in common with their Passphrases, which is one of the most common attack vectors.

if someone stole your Database, you have much bigger security problems. like some/all of your Devices being fundamentally compromised and are no longer trustworthy, permanently, unless one knows how to Flash over the Firmware on their Electronics to be sure that the Firmware hasn't been compromised. so for most People, once they reach the point of their Database being stolen, they should be chopping up their Electronics in a Grinder since they don't know how to Flash over their Firmware.