Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game crashes so often its not even funny [FIXED]

Guitar_Dude09

**Read how I fixed my issue at the bottom**

Ever since the recent update in December this game has been crashing non-stop its insane. I can't play two missions in a row w/out the constant crashing. I've verified the game files, done a defragmentation & nothing at all its just wow it's probably worse than U14 update back in the day. Even modding or just customizing or just doing any sort of action after a period of time & Warframe will just poop itself. I don't mind some crashing but crashing every 2 missions or so is insane & it's the same way every single time, when I'm loading back to my Liset it'll freeze or if I'm customizing or modding for a bit.... crash. At first, I thought it was because of my CPU since I do OC all cores to be 5.8Ghz but even off it's the same issue & my GPU isn't OC since I'm generally always CPU bound. I am running on DX11 not DX12 since 12 offers worse performance in general & slower load times, my settings are mix w/ high & low (the ones that tax the CPU more are generally at its lowest). 

I am updated in all my GPU drivers & Windows drivers too, I just updated Geforce yesterday for the update that just came out & Windows is up to date + BIOS is up to date & still crashing 

I'm not even running lousy specs have the best laptop (as of now)

i9 13980HX 24c/32t 5.6Ghz

Display 480Hz

RTX 4090m 16GB VRAM

32GB RAM DDR5 5200Mhz

5TB SSD Storage

Ima be collecting these War # like Candy from now on WAR-3898464, WAR-3898471, WAR-3898492, WAR-3898464, WAR-3899522, WAR-3899529, WAR-3900379, WAR-3901504, WAR-3901525, WAR-3901698, WAR-3901729

***After much troubleshooting & trying to figure it out, at the end of the day it was just uninstalling deleting its folders & re-installing warframe & that fixed it completely & I have been having 0 crashes even with any OC thats stable on the CPU I thought it was because I had too many decoration garbage (tho I should reduce it anyways because the load back spike is mad annoying & no difference between an i7 10875H vs i913880HX so pretty wack ngl) but yeah**

Edited by Guitar_Dude09
I have fixed my own issue

Is there any crash handler or error that pops up? I haven't had any crashing in weeks, so this might be limited to your system or loadout. I'd recommend the usual "update GPU drivers" advice, but also see if you can get any info on what's causing the crash (either a WAR number from the crash handler or from event viewer logging or something).

18 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Is there any crash handler or error that pops up? I haven't had any crashing in weeks, so this might be limited to your system or loadout. I'd recommend the usual "update GPU drivers" advice, but also see if you can get any info on what's causing the crash (either a WAR number from the crash handler or from event viewer logging or something).

Yeah I'm very religious about updates so everything is up to date so yeah everything is as updated as it can be, didn't have issues until this update its just straight up bad, either way gonna be updating my post w/ war numbers like candy now

Seems like I'm still crashing with this new hotfix (as I figured) & my other gaming laptop with a 3080m has no issues at all. It just crashes mainly happens when loading back from missions but even then still doesn't matter it'll crash anywhere & my hardware / temps are perfectly fine & no other game has issues.

There is no consistent pattern from the telemetry on your crashes. Various different modules are failing without any obvious reason. These crashes are also unique to your system.  The diagnosis is that this almost certainly hardware instability that you have induced by modifying your hardware's operating parameters.  While system tweaking is fun, we cannot really offer any support to players who are running their hardware out of spec.  Request that you run the game using default BIOS settings for processor, memory, power management etc before reporting further crashes.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

There is no consistent pattern from the telemetry on your crashes. Various different modules are failing without any obvious reason. These crashes are also unique to your system.  The diagnosis is that this almost certainly hardware instability that you have induced by modifying your hardware's operating parameters.  While system tweaking is fun, we cannot really offer any support to players who are running their hardware out of spec.  Request that you run the game using default BIOS settings for processor, memory, power management etc before reporting further crashes.

***But I did state in my post that even with the CPU OC off it’s the same issue**** & no other game has any issues at all just Warframe & it started with this new update. Because it would tell you & it even opens up a page telling you that I have OC on generally & those it doesn’t matter because IK I’m introducing minor instability.
But this is another issue completely & only started with Whispers in the Wall, crashing every time I come back from my missions back to my orbiter, when I play with friends or with a party I generally will never crash but if I’m playing public & exfiling or even coming back from the Dojo it’ll just crash even with no performance mode at all, it never crashes in mission it just crashes when I am coming back from the orbiter.

Edited by Guitar_Dude09
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Guitar_Dude09 said:

***But I did state in my post that even with the CPU OC off it’s the same issue****

They're probably going to not look into your crash reports because of reliability issues - I'd try resetting those BIOS settings to default (not just any CPU OC, but also any RAM OC or other applied modification) and then try having it crash again. If the issue is still present even on all stock configurations, it could be related to something else, in which case they'd investigate then.

Side note: Being CPU bound with a 24 core processor at those clock speeds sounds crazy, you must be running things at like 400+ fps. It might help to limit things to like, half of your monitor refresh - so 240fps, so it's not constantly just pushing out cycles during routines that are at such a small microsecond level they would not even be perceivable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naroxas44 said:

They're probably going to not look into your crash reports because of reliability issues - I'd try resetting those BIOS settings to default (not just any CPU OC, but also any RAM OC or other applied modification) and then try having it crash again. If the issue is still present even on all stock configurations, it could be related to something else, in which case they'd investigate then.

Side note: Being CPU bound with a 24 core processor at those clock speeds sounds crazy, you must be running things at like 400+ fps. It might help to limit things to like, half of your monitor refresh - so 240fps, so it's not constantly just pushing out cycles during routines that are at such a small microsecond level they would not even be perceivable.

I get that which is why I stated it, but probably must’ve missed it I guess. Either way ima just reset make sure NOTHING is accidentally OC in the CPU since my GPU doesn’t get maxed out no need to even touch that. But either way so many people OC & just because it’s OC doesn’t mean it’s the OC, but I’ll play it safe anyways & try it as stated & if it keeps happening I will re-download the game & test it see if same issue, after 11 years of playing this is just bad & I thought U14 was bad back then (& always made fun of other games for Warframe being F2P & yet here I am crashing more than MW3)

& yeah Warframe is very CPU intensive in my end on solo I get like 500+ & 4 player squads endless like 120-200ish, but all my fans are maxed out & for a laptop it’s fine to be at 100c as long as it’s meeting its core frequency. But also I like the big FPS ☹️☹️ looks so buttery.

either way **thanks for replying**! Again I’m update my post with my troubleshooting steps & pictures & see if that fixes it  & update from there lol was kinda annoyed with the OG reply ngl 😂

On 2024-01-19 at 8:28 PM, Guitar_Dude09 said:

it started with this new update.

Remember that this update forced the use of the enhanced renderer. If you werent using it prior to this update it may be the reason for your issues.

BTW, i have the same i9 and RTX4090, but have not OC and am using DX12. Might be worth trying it with DX12.

• Like 1

• Guitar_Dude09 changed the title to Game crashes so often its not even funny [FIXED]
On 2024-01-22 at 4:36 AM, chaotea said:

Remember that this update forced the use of the enhanced renderer. If you werent using it prior to this update it may be the reason for your issues.

BTW, i have the same i9 and RTX4090, but have not OC and am using DX12. Might be worth trying it with DX12.

Thank you! Tho your specs would be tons better than mine since I assume you're on a desktop =D, regardless I did manage to finally fix this! & honestly I would use DX12 if I didn't lose 50-100FPS in CPU performance & it also would crash regardless because it was super annoying when I did the event or just was playing on my own. Either way TY for the response!