Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me make up my mind on Topaz vs Red tauforged for Mesa

EDM774

Question

I currently have a 5 tauforged red shard setup on Mesa and am enjoying a permanent no setup required 118% crit chance regulators.

I can however right now convert those and a set of yellow tauforged shards I have into 5 Tauforged topaz shards that should in theory shoot my crit chance for regulators up to 165% (if my napkin math checks out). Tho they require a setup to get going and granted 50 kills ain't much I'm still on the fence of losing 10 tauforged shards to get that, just for a marginally better boost in DPS than what I already have.

And I can comfortably level cap with my curent setup on SP circuit anyway.

I just need some extra voices on the matter, thanks in advance.

Edited by EDM774
spelling, punctuation

5 answers to this question

14 hours ago, BroDutt said:

I choose both. 3 Red Archon gave fix cc multiplier and 2 Topaz as bonus if you had Heat damage (there's a chance enemies didn't killed by heat especially for corpus and murmur). The max 165% CC is not reliable, better focus using other cc bonus like Arcane Avenger, etc.

Sorry but you are wrong here. They don't need to be killed by heat for the shard to work, they just need to have the status on them. Increase Secondary Critical Chance by 1% (1.5%) every time you kill an enemy affected by  Heat Damage. Max 50%" even at a 20% status rate, with primed heated charge, she's guaranteed one proc in the 30 or so rounds per second she puts out. So even if they don't take a lot of heat damage due to shields or resistance, it will still activate. Also, Arcane Avenger only works if she takes health damage which with her low health and armor is a death sentence on SP even with Adaptability maxed out (if it's on your build). You could go with the combat discipline trick, but that ends up costing you 10 mod capacity from your build just to get an arcane working when the point of arcanes should be buffs that don't cost mod capacity a better suggestion would be Arcane velocity, which while not increasing your Crit Chance, ups your fire rate to insane proportions.

I tried out a 5 topaz build on my mesa, and even skipping the frankly overly tedious build I think DeckChairVonBananaCamel is referring to (it actually requires you to get 37 melee finisher kills at the start of a mission using an arcane that has a 5% drop chance and you only get 5 chances for it per week), it really does a lot more damage than my previous 5 red shard build. Worth the yellow shards IMO

Edited by GrimMyfanwy
Going in to detail about the correction to a previous post as to not sound combative

I choose both. 3 Red Archon gave fix cc multiplier and 2 Topaz as bonus if you had Heat damage (there's a chance enemies didn't killed by heat especially for corpus and murmur). The max 165% CC is not reliable, better focus using other cc bonus like Arcane Avenger, etc.

Not worth imo. Where are you using Mesa that the extra crit would matter? Mesa either kills stuff fast enough, or doesn't. When she doesn't, you stop using her. She's not an endurance frame anyway. Can work, but why bother. Put the shards to better use on other frames.

I actually think with the 165% adding a MotB on the glaive would push her really close to red crits, but my main goal is to have as little setup as possible for the end result. 
Throw an adarza into the mix and now I have a red crit machine every 20s  for 13s tbh MotB becomes a bit overkill with adarza but eh whatever XD

Edited by EDM774