Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dust Settled - Feedback

Showtaro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mhmm, I just found this on page 17 or so, as I am collecting all the Fan Concepts to be moved into their new home. Kinda makes me wonder whether it was right to just let this sink down to the bottom or whether I should get back into it. The link to the story is here.

Mhmm, I just found this on page 17 or so, as I am collecting all the Fan Concepts to be moved into their new home. Kinda makes me wonder whether it was right to just let this sink down to the bottom or whether I should get back into it. The link to the story is here.

Youl should definately get back into it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Taking my time to read this seems like it puts my works to shame. VERY little grammatical errors, but that's always hard to spot when typing away at a story. I enjoyed all of the description nature given to all of the scenery. The rising tension between the Tenno, and Lotus, made it all the better. All conveniently put in an organized thread complete with music to set the ambiance. I had thought of an idea like that before, but it would be hard to implement such thing in a story. Depending on the music, it sets the tone and conveys the reader with dramatic feelings, allowing them to "feel around" to get to know their bearing inside the story.

You could say this is a lengthy response of "Yes, I would like more of this story to continue!" Yes, I do. I haven't really seen too much Warframe fan-fiction depth since SilverBone's I am X Warframe dialogues.

I am truly intrigued at what the next chapter brings. You've got all my ears, eyes and attention. I hope to see more of your work soon. Please take your time. Art appreciated like this always takes the necessary time to add elegance, finesse, and depth.

More please.
You could say this is a lengthy response of "Yes, I would like more of this story to continue!" Yes, I do. I haven't really seen too much Warframe fan-fiction depth since SilverBone's I am X Warframe dialogues. I am truly intrigued at what the next chapter brings. You've got all my ears, eyes and attention. I hope to see more of your work soon. Please take your time. Art appreciated like this always takes the necessary time to add elegance, finesse, and depth.

The feedback is much appreciated, gentletenno - but as you may have noticed, The Dust Settled has not been worked on for a long time. Almost three months now. The reasons for that are pretty simple - with a lack of feedback to work with, no tangible crowd attracted to it and only a handful people enjoying the story, I felt that the effort was wasted.

Initially, my goal was a novel, about 300 pages - ten chapters, ten installments each. A storyline is in my head. I asked other people in FanZone and DE staff for feedback, but ultimately, this storyline became victim to priorities. As a translator and as a community mod, I can actually reach and help way more people than with this. If a labour of love becomes a chore, you don't love 'er no more. I decided to leave it where it is. There are lose ends, but they are contained.

For the forseeable future, no updates are planned. My apologies if that makes you sad.

The feedback is much appreciated, gentletenno - but as you may have noticed, The Dust Settled has not been worked on for a long time. Almost three months now. The reasons for that are pretty simple - with a lack of feedback to work with, no tangible crowd attracted to it and only a handful people enjoying the story, I felt that the effort was wasted.

Initially, my goal was a novel, about 300 pages - ten chapters, ten installments each. A storyline is in my head. I asked other people in FanZone and DE staff for feedback, but ultimately, this storyline became victim to priorities. As a translator and as a community mod, I can actually reach and help way more people than with this. If a labour of love becomes a chore, you don't love 'er no more. I decided to leave it where it is. There are lose ends, but they are contained.

For the forseeable future, no updates are planned. My apologies if that makes you sad.

This is one of the more irking problems with stories or art concepts like this. I have experienced that plenty of times. In life, and on the internet. The thing is, the internet has a lack of there of. If they do present the feedback it very little to go off of. It's something a good portion of the community wouldn't delve into. All in all, you have something to look back to, that is if you want to use your work as inspiration or as a jumping off point. Though your project seemed very ambitious, you were going strong. Though writing can be draining, it can be fun once you have the theme and you have a good tangent/idea in your head. It's mostly the thought that counts. You did try, and you tried well.

If you do come back to it, or plan to write up something different, you'll have 1 reader be reading your stuff. :)

This is one of the more irking problems with stories or art concepts like this. I have experienced that plenty of times. In life, and on the internet. The thing is, the internet has a lack of there of. If they do present the feedback it very little to go off of. It's something a good portion of the community wouldn't delve into. All in all, you have something to look back to, that is if you want to use your work as inspiration or as a jumping off point. Though your project seemed very ambitious, you were going strong. Though writing can be draining, it can be fun once you have the theme and you have a good tangent/idea in your head. It's mostly the thought that counts. You did try, and you tried well.

If you do come back to it, or plan to write up something different, you'll have 1 reader be reading your stuff. :)

Prepare for trouble! And make it double!

Hey, you inspired some of us to get off our duffs and do doodles and stories of our own. If it wasn't obvious, part of the reason I did Trinity and a Rhino with my starting team for Solar Rails was cause of this thread and the early comments of Rhino and Trinity as a item :P

• 2 months later...

I've recently found this story and immediately became engrossed with it. When it comes to any game or such, I am always interested in the lore, thinking good and amazing works are often under appreciated. With interest in lore, comes interest in stories.

I was well into the mood of the story until it suddenly stopped, to my dismay. It took me a while to find out that there was a separate feedback thread along with an explanation as to why the story was discontinued for the moment. It was a reasonable feeling: lots of effort with but a handful to sustain. I come across another well written literature work, and was genuinely surprised that there wasn't much feedback, support, cheers, etc. etc. Perhaps when the game becomes more complete in terms of storyline and ingame content will the story attract more of the attention it deserves. I'm not sure how large or small the Warframe community is, so only time will tell. Until then, as Zeus154 perfectly worded, you'll have the attention of this reader.

I don't ask you for anything but I encourage you, if you have a moment of time you're willing to spare, to continue this story.

• 1 year later...