Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 8 test

Ivan_The_Lost

Question

I am stuck on the mr8 test.

It seems that 3 or 4 years ago, you could use your special abilities in these tests.

I could pass it if i could bullet jump.

We are already jumping & double jumping and climbing walls.

You are driving new players away with this test.

We cannot use any prime stuff until we get to mr10.

And using prime stuff we get from relics, would be alot more fun, than failing that test, over and over and over.

Please consider reverting back, to your original concept.

Thanks

Ivan

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ivan_The_Lost said:

I am stuck on the mr8 test.

MR8 test is solely made to test how you handle the agility/movement mechanics of the game. Its a way to see if you have the basics or at least somewhat of an idea to how you can traverse around if you are a newer player or so. 

We are already jumping & double jumping and climbing walls.

Now I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. You say that you are stuck but then you say that you can easily maneuver with bullet jump and already know about other movement mechanics, so then what's the issue? 

It seems that 3 or 4 years ago, you could use your special abilities in these tests.

Don't know where you got that from? A quick YouTube search and you'll see a video of 7 years ago showing the same test as a video from 2-3 years ago being the same. Heck I even ran it and it was the exact same as the videos. There was never the option to use abilities in this specific test. 

And using prime stuff we get from relics, would be alot more fun, than failing that test, over and over and over.

Why and how are they driving new players away ? How does having prime stuff affect it driving new players away exactly ?
I understand that you like your prime frame more than a normal frame, but I don't see how that affects the test, let alone you being stuck on it. 

Maybe its a language barrier for you and there's more to it. But from what you've written its more the fact that you are a little mad cause you can't use a prime frame in this mastery test ? Correct me if I'm wrong. Still doesn't really explain it when you say that you are stuck but can easily clear it...

Edited by Deadsimbiot
  • Like 1

I remember being stuck on this test for like 3 months until I watched a youtube video and realized you can bullet jump and how to do it. I've seen 7 and 8 year old videos and more recent ones and the test are still the same. Some test let you use abilities and some don't. Like somebody mentioned bullet jump is crouch + jump. Take your time to shoot the orbs and aim at where you're jumping. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ivan_The_Lost said:

Yes and depending on the Frame it would allow you to completely skip the test.

Bullet Jump is not a Warframe ability, you can do it innately, just Crouch+Jump.

You dont need to be using a Prime frame to do or complete any of the tests, they provide no actual mobility advantages.

Also there are many Prime Frames and weapons in the game that have less than MR10 requirement or no requirements at all, so you're not being deprived of anything.

I also fail to see how this simple test or lack of Primes is driving players away, this test is Trivial, if you're managing to fail the most basic of movements, then im asking my self how you even managed to reach MR8.

All MR tests allow you to practice.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ivan_The_Lost said:

I will try the crouch + Jump thingamabob.

The 4 ability icons are all red.

Because it's a movement skill test..... if you could use abilities in it, then you could just use Titania/Wisp/Zephyr/Wukong and fly your way through.

Some MR tests allow ability use, some don't - depends on the particular test (eg what they are testing)

I do understand though how bullet jumping in this test can be a challenge if you've not been doing it in regular gameuplay up to then (I was the same).  It took me a few practice goes to figure it out.  Don't forget you can practice the tests before taking them (Button in the bottom right of the mastery rank up screen, or in Simaris' room in the relay), so you can make sure you'll pass it on test runs and not fail and have to wait (although you still continue to earn mastery XP when you qualify for a test, so none of the XP is wasted).

If you're struggling with bullet jumping, maybe try rebinding the keys to something that feels more intuitive/erganomic for you - I had issues until I changed my keybinding for crouching.  Then go run a bunch of regular missions and jump around getting used to the mechanic.  You'll find it an essential skill to be able to have, so it's important to get familiar with it.

This vid might help:

On 1/22/2024 at 6:25 PM, 0bsi said:

Because it's a movement skill test..... if you could use abilities in it, then you could just use Titania/Wisp/Zephyr/Wukong and fly your way through.

Some MR tests allow ability use, some don't - depends on the particular test (eg what they are testing)

I do understand though how bullet jumping in this test can be a challenge if you've not been doing it in regular gameuplay up to then (I was the same).  It took me a few practice goes to figure it out.  Don't forget you can practice the tests before taking them (Button in the bottom right of the mastery rank up screen, or in Simaris' room in the relay), so you can make sure you'll pass it on test runs and not fail and have to wait (although you still continue to earn mastery XP when you qualify for a test, so none of the XP is wasted).

If you're struggling with bullet jumping, maybe try rebinding the keys to something that feels more intuitive/erganomic for you - I had issues until I changed my keybinding for crouching.  Then go run a bunch of regular missions and jump around getting used to the mechanic.  You'll find it an essential skill to be able to have, so it's important to get familiar with it.

This vid might help:

I remember this test. I’m also not very good at parkour and it drove me crazy! That video helped but I gave up and used Titania. :) You can get Titania from one of the syndicate missions (I didn’t know this until I got to this test). 

I agree that some of the tests can be intimidating to new players. The first time I played WF years back, I worked like crazy to get standing to get the Vaykor Heck shotgun BUT then could not get it because my MR level was not sufficient! I gave up the game in frustration. So I get it but hang in there. There are usually ways to “cheese” the test. :)

Even now I’m at MR16 but probably qualify for tests to MR20 but just don’t want to deal with the frustration.

However, all that said, that test will push you and make you better and it will feel awesome when you FINALLY get it! That’s what a good game is all about. :)