Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it time for Primed Rush?

Prof-Dante

3 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

I too am guilty of derailing conversations, such as right now… this has nothing to do with sprint speed. 
So I will have to say something to keep it semi related: Gauss sprint speed should also increase per level

Maybe if the battery capped at certain values per rank, and increase sprint speed by a variable amount depending how full the battery is? That way even at rank 0, gauss would have some passive sprint bonus as long as he's staying mobile and using abilities, but at rank 30 w full battery he'd be hedgehog tier

56 minutes ago, (PSN)phux0v said:

Maybe if the battery capped at certain values per rank, and increase sprint speed by a variable amount depending how full the battery is? That way even at rank 0, gauss would have some passive sprint bonus as long as he's staying mobile and using abilities, but at rank 30 w full battery he'd be hedgehog tier

My Goal Gauss speed was to make mach rush go from 25 m/s to 100 m/s casually, and without squad buffs.

so far I've only been able to dance around 50 - 60 meters
I wish DE would increase it's base speed from 25 to 50, I have no idea why Reave is faster than it, which has the same base speed.

with 100 meters per second you can actually outrun your own acceltra rockets after firing them, just like the trailer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I say PSF is mandatory because it helps circumvent another of DE's poor design decisions. Regardless of your stance on it, self damage was always a terrible mechanic. Especially when power creep started to set in because you could literally one shot yourself, no matter how careful you are (Companion or squad mate decides to photobomb you while trying to take your shot). So that was thrown into the dumpster where it belongs and replaced with self stagger/knockdowns which are arguably just as bad since they leave you as a sitting duck if you ever get unlucky. And that's discounting the number of enemies that have annoying asf knockdown mechanics built into their kits (Heavy Gunners. Scorpions. Blitz and Arson Eximus, Ancients, etc etc) which are usually hard to see amongst the hoards of enemies that spawn in Steel Path endurance missions. 

So, until DE removes or reworks knockdowns from being the aggravating mechanic it is, PSF will always be a mandatory slot in my builds (with the exception of the frames that have the ability to resist/negate it). Just like how Decaying Dragon Key was until they made Shield Gating actually good. So I suggest you cease your derisive laughter, because I'm just sitting here shaking my head at how utterly clueless you all are.

Oh man this one actually made me go to the toilet. The hardest I've laughed today. PSF is a crutch for some people and a religion for others. To even pretend that it's the end all be all for mods cause you refuse to dodge or have even a shred of spatial awareness is hilarious. As others have pointed out, DE babies the crap out of us, and if you still have pathing issues even after they gave us Universal Radar, on top of the parkour buffing items, that's on you and your lack of ability. And you're wrong. The self damage was a necessary balancing mechanic. It wasn't out of control due to power creep. You blowing yourself up cause you were shooting like a manic was intentional. Almost every game I've played (baring few exceptions) where you had heavy weapons that powerful had self damage along with limited ammo to prevent people from spamming it, and completely trivializing the game. Which is, surprise, surprise, exactly what the AOE meta is causing. When it was removed it only made the power creep worse.

In the old days of gaming, if you did something stupid, you got punished for it. You made a mental note, you did your best to correct the bad action not repeat it again. Instead now, in Warframe, you run into an obstacle/problem/mistake, people come on the forums to *@##$ and whine to the devs to nerf or remove it. #*!% reflecting on their actions, #*!% doing something different. It's why we still see people in the forums complaining that they can't quit out of the New War and DE needs to make a quit option for them now so they can stop doing it, instead of actually finishing it.

I'm done. I'm not going to derail OP any further arguing with a PSF zealot.

Edited by PR1D3
  • Like 1

I'd rather they upped the sprint speed of every frame by 30%, deleting Rush after that if they like.  Or turned Rush into a third type of potato.  On the slower frames, I want to pull my hair out if I'm not running both Rush and Amalgam Serration.