The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Feedback Megathread

[DE]Juice

Why not have the a light/dark indicator that shows what you are currently in, then you the ability and it takes a 'snapshot' of that instance for the duration. Recasting would reset the duration and capture a new snapshot to change it.

This would mean you can no longer change without a recast, but it keeps the ability for the environment to affect the ability.

As long as the player knows and can control which buff they are getting, that would be ideal.

EDIT: For example, you could have a little sundial in the bottom right of the screen that switches between light and dark (could even use the same sundial effects for the weird morality compass thing). If it were light and the player casts Eclipse, it would lock them on the light buff for the full duration unless they recast it, which would take a new snapshot.

I think it would be fairly cool visually.

Edited by Aleuvian

12 hours ago, Aleuvian said:

Why not have the a light/dark indicator that shows what you are currently in, then you the ability and it takes a 'snapshot' of that instance for the duration. Recasting would reset the duration and capture a new snapshot to change it.

This would mean you can no longer change without a recast, but it keeps the ability for the environment to affect the ability.

As long as the player knows and can control which buff they are getting, that would be ideal.

EDIT: For example, you could have a little sundial in the bottom right of the screen that switches between light and dark (could even use the same sundial effects for the weird morality compass thing). If it were light and the player casts Eclipse, it would lock them on the light buff for the full duration unless they recast it, which would take a new snapshot.

I think it would be fairly cool visually.

Or, they could just make it a tap/hold toggle and accomplish the same thing without the light mechanic jank that breaks every other tileset.

I like the Idea of Tap/Hold.
I Also like the idea of Brozime put forward for helminth balance, that being to start the dmg reduction at 30% rather than 75% but don't reduce the cap, leave it at 95% so you can still reach it but with a ton of power str investment.

I'd prefer a redesign/rework of the ability: a toggle would be a net loss of depth for eclypse. Something similar could be done for Gara's passive. 
But the press/hold option seems way more popular, so I guess that's what we'll get?

Maybe it could borrow some mecanics from Chroma and Vauban's Bastille?
The default buff is tied to the emisive color.
When the ability is activated by tapping, the buff is the default one, and the other one when activated with a long press.
When doing a long press while the ability is active, it could switch from one the other one, much like how bastille turns into a vortex.
When helminthed on another from, the ability could be restricted to the default buff only (-> emisive color), with reduced numbers if needed.

5 hours ago, DarkEric99 said:

I'd prefer a redesign/rework of the ability: a toggle would be a net loss of depth for eclypse. Something similar could be done for Gara's passive. 
But the press/hold option seems way more popular, so I guess that's what we'll get?

Maybe it could borrow some mecanics from Chroma and Vauban's Bastille?
The default buff is tied to the emisive color.
When the ability is activated by tapping, the buff is the default one, and the other one when activated with a long press.
When doing a long press while the ability is active, it could switch from one the other one, much like how bastille turns into a vortex.
When helminthed on another from, the ability could be restricted to the default buff only (-> emisive color), with reduced numbers if needed.

Imo emissive colors don't add any depth to the abilities. Not for Chroma, Equinox or any other frame. It restricts you during missions since you can't stop and change it when needed.

I'm a fan of the tap/hold method myself but I do believe that later it should be reworked. Maybe have pillars of light follow her like Citrines crystals follow you on the ground. Then for the dark maybe she can cast a shadow over herself.

Making it a toggle ability would more or less ruin the theme of the ability and make it functionally indistinct from an equinox ability, which while fitting for equinox is not fitting for mirage. Instead, make it a tap rotate ability (ivara quiver, vauban orbs) and whichever its on, youll get the associated bonus if in the correlating condition but if leaving the dark/light area, retain the buff for 5-10 seconds which scales with duration (so if you leave a light area, youll retain the damage buff for 10-20 seconds with 200 duration etc). This allows the buff to still be conditional while allowing for greater player control of the ability without just turning it into an optional buff that has no condition, something which effectively breaks the ability in favor of damage or dr indefinitely. Eclipse should be conditional for how strong it is no matter what.

Toggle (Tap and hold) to reverse the buff in light or shadows. 

Example:

Tap for normal Eclipse (In light: damage buff, In shadow: damage reduction)

Hold for reversed Eclipse (In light: damage reduction, In shadow: damage buff)

Currently, Eclipse has no damage buff during missions in some maps or rooms (eg: all Sanctum Anatomica maps) because there are only limited or no (in light) zones.

As such, it allows the player to have more control over Eclipse and retain the Eclipse original (light and shadow) mechanic without fixing the lighting system.

Tap & Hold with energy drain. This idea I got from Genshin Impact, where Furina drains own party members HP for damage boost. Mine version does the same, but energy.

Mirage:

• Casting Eclipse grants base 25% (90% max) damage reduction OR 50% (200% max) damage buff;
  • For every 1% of max energy spent, you gain +1 (50 max) stack of damage reduction or damage buff, using following formula: base_buff + ((current_stacks / max_stacks) * (max_buff - base_buff)));
  • Recasting the ability resets the stacks

Augment idea:

• Passive 1% energy drain after Eclipse cast.

Helminth:

• Eclipse remains same as the current one (75% max damage reduction and 150% damage buff).

Edited by _GoodLuck_

23 hours ago, _GoodLuck_ said:

Tap & Hold with energy drain. This idea I got from Genshin Impact, where Furina drains own party members HP for damage boost. Mine version does the same, but energy.

Let's not suggest stupid things like something from a mid gatcha trying to be an mmo and failing.

6 hours ago, Luigispikachu said:

Let's not suggest stupid things like something from a mid gatcha trying to be an mmo and failing.

Better than suggesting something stupid like tap & hold

Edited by _GoodLuck_

What about allowing players to see which area is lightened and which were darkened while the ability is activated. Would be interesting if Mirage's other abilities benefit from this feature in certain ways, it would be great is the damage reduction/increase are always maxed and not unstable depending on the degree of light. 

As for the augment, the current one is good for support frames that specialize in immobile missions and ability range.

But what if the augment allows the warframe to emit its own light to fully activate damage increase, or darken the surroundings to activate damage reduction, you can hold the ability to switch to each function, then provide 10%-75% of the buff to nearby teammates depending on how close/far thay are from you physically.

The light you emit depends on ability strength and you can blind your teammates lmao

Edited by MezaTsuki

Hi Tenno!

Thank you for all your feedback and suggestions on this topic.
Based on your feedback, we have decided to turn Eclipse into a Tap/Hold ability:

• (TAP) Temporarily reduce the damage Mirage takes from enemies.
  • (HOLD) Temporarily increase Mirage's weapon damage.

It will no longer rely on the light level you are standing in. We talked about this a bit more in Devstream #177, which you can find here (timestamped):

• Like 3