Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about Jupiter for new players

safaiaryu

Hello! Been trying to find an answer this question with no luck, so just going to ask here. 

I recently convinced a friend to start Warframe and, as is tradition, I am doing my absolute damnedest to keep them from being spoiled. (I know some people have different opinions about whether this is worthwhile, but the friends who introduced me to Warframe kept me from getting spoiled and The Second Dream was really special because of that. I want to do the same.)

I personally was caught up with the game before the Corpus Gas City update, so I'm wondering how Jupiter works for new players. Would they encounter Amalgam enemies or even Sentients on their first pass, or is the game designed so that won't happen until they know who the Sentients are? I really hope it's the latter, because the Amalgams would be really weird out of context, and I think they would distract/detract from the plot around the Zanuka project and later the Mutalists. Alad should go through each phase of crazy scientist before he gets to the Amalgams. But I have no idea if this is accounted for!

Just curious if anyone else can shed light on this. Thanks!

As far as I remember they appear in any mission to Jupiter, there is no mission that unlocks them, plus your friend will surely see the ropaloulista long before any amalgam and will run into them in the interruption mission.

Edited by --Leyenda-yight6

Alad's story is currently a mess without the operations he was involved in, no it might be confusing indeed. 

New players can encounter amalgams and find the secret labs as a sort of teaser for the future story. The Jupiter disruption mission as well as the Ropalolyst fight are not available until later.

14 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

As far as I remember they appear in any mission to Jupiter, there is no mission that unlocks them, plus your friend will surely see the ropaloulista long before any amalgam and will run into them in the interruption mission.

Ropalolyst doesn't bother me so much, it's just an environmental thing, it doesn't cause any dialog, unlike Alad talking about creating the Amalgams from partnering with the Sentients.

I don't understand that last part. By "them," do you mean Ropalolyst or Amalgams? And by "interruption" do you mean Interception or Disruption? If the latter, as the other reply notes, they couldn't do the Disruption mission on the first pass anyway. 

10 hours ago, Genitive said:

Alad's story is currently a mess without the operations he was involved in, no it might be confusing indeed. 

New players can encounter amalgams and find the secret labs as a sort of teaser for the future story. The Jupiter disruption mission as well as the Ropalolyst fight are not available until later.

Good point. I myself missed multiple of those operations, so had to fill myself in with the wiki. But it still felt generally okay before sticking the Amalgams before/during Zanuka...

hace 3 horas, safaiaryu dijo:

I don't understand that last part. By "them," do you mean Ropalolyst or Amalgams? And by "interruption" do you mean Interception or Disruption? If the latter, as the other reply notes, they couldn't do the Disruption mission on the first pass anyway.

Yes, I was referring to amalgams and disruption, I forget what that game mode is called, I didn't know those missions were locked.

19 hours ago, safaiaryu said:

Would they encounter Amalgam enemie

Yes, they spawn randomly

19 hours ago, safaiaryu said:

or even Sentients on their first pass

Not if you don't unlock the lab

As has been mentioned, Alad's story is all out of order and two entire chapters are missing. After your friend unlocks Second Dream you might as well just tell him what's going on there, including the Mutualist Alad parts