Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can a beginner get gauss prime

KrakenPrime2

Question

16 answers to this question

Also it is totally possible to get Prime Frames as a new guy. Some of them are far easier/less tedious to get than their normal versions.

You need:

1. Make a plan: Check wiki which relics drop stuff you want. Since you are new and have nothing yet, pretty much any relics drop stuff. But maybe you aim to get certain stuff first.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki type in the name of the thing you want (adding prime) in search box here or in google "warframe wiki xxx prime"

note the relics you want

2. Farm the relics. The fastest possible way to get relics is playing Capture Void (Hepit for Lith, Ukko for Neo/Meso). Try to run all possible void fissues in the void. You will need the Traces to refine the relics you want to focus on. Sadly for Axi Relics fastest way is likely unavailable to you untill you progress the story.

3. Get traces & refine the relics you need Silver/Gold(Uncommon/Rare) parts from.

4. Open relics. Most efficient way is finding other people who want to open certain relic (Rercruit chat) - this way you are investing only 1 relic and traces but get 4 chances to get the one thing you want.

I wouldnt stress about it till maybe MR10-12. Just progress the startchart, story quests and rank up more weapons.

TL;DR: Can, but should not.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

If you really want to get him, purchase the prime access pack with real-world money. Gets it instantly.

Farming for him, will allow you to play the game and see what it has to offer during your journey to farm him but it won't be done in less than a week, a month is a more reasonable target timeframe which still might not be enough depending on how often you play.

Good luck

If you're a new player, I would recommend making Gauss Prime a mid-term or long-term goal.  The reason is that getting all of the resources to craft Gauss Prime — from relics to blueprints to materials like Nitain — will require you to engage with a variety of different game systems and nodes on the Star Chart that you may not have experienced yet.  That's a whole lot of content to cover, and I'd recommend taking your time with it.  If a player tried to do it all at once, I can imagine it being very overwhelming!

So instead, just do a little bit at a time.  The more quests you do and the more nodes you unlock on the Star Chart, the better prepared you'll be to have access to all the different resources you'll need to build your own Gauss Prime.  Every step will get you closer to your goal.

Alteratively, if you've already decided you love the game, you can buy Gauss Prime with real money via Prime Access; that's a great way to support the game's development and get what you want immediately!  But generally speaking, if you haven't already fallen in love with Warframe, I wouldn't recommend buying anything with real money, because there's the chance that you'll discover the game isn't to your tastes, and then that purchase might be something you regret.  I absolutely love the game, but I know different people have different tastes, and different amounts of spending money.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-06 at 2:39 PM, Numerounius said:

If you really want to get him, purchase the prime access pack with real-world money. Gets it instantly.

This is bad advice. If you're gonna throw money at the problem, wait till you get a 75% off plat coupon as a login reward then buy the biggest platinum pack you're willing to. Then you can trade some of that platinum to another player for a gauss prime set.

Or, you can farm Mirror defense for valuable arcanes and sell those to other players for the platinum.

The site Warframe.Market makes player trading a lot easier and let's you avoid all the scumbags in trade chat and get a fair price.

Gauss prime is gonna be pretty cheap on the player market for a long while.

Once you pass the second dream quest, you have access to all the best farming locations for relics and farming up primes yourself becomes much easier. but it still takes a long while.
The locations are the two capture missions in the void, which always reward a relic (Hepit is always a Lithc, and Ukko is always ether a Neo or Meso) And the Disruption mission in the location you unlock after second dream, which nearly Always provides an axi relic, or gueranteed if you understand how to manipulate disruption drop tabels but it's really not necessary.

At the point the hardest part is just farming void traces

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

This is bad advice. If you're gonna throw money at the problem, wait till you get a 75% off plat coupon as a login reward then buy the biggest platinum pack you're willing to. Then you can trade some of that platinum to another player for a gauss prime set.

Or, you can farm Mirror defense for valuable arcanes and sell those to other players for the platinum.

The site Warframe.Market makes player trading a lot easier and let's you avoid all the scumbags in trade chat and get a fair price.

Gauss prime is gonna be pretty cheap on the player market for a long while.

Once you pass the second dream quest, you have access to all the best farming locations for relics and farming up primes yourself becomes much easier. but it still takes a long while.
The locations are the two capture missions in the void, which always reward a relic (Hepit is always a Lithc, and Ukko is always ether a Neo or Meso) And the Disruption mission in the location you unlock after second dream, which nearly Always provides an axi relic, or gueranteed if you understand how to manipulate disruption drop tabels but it's really not necessary.

At the point the hardest part is just farming void traces

I mean, you are correct on the 75% plat coupon and the other stuff partially but I would not call the prime access pack purchase bad advice. All you're doing here is expanding the second part of what I said in which there is a dozen different ways of farming him that opens up the world of Warframe to you.

Simply put, if you purchase the prime access pack you get him instantly and can use the provided plat to cover any bases such as mods and exilus warframe adapter. If you purchase plat with a 75% off coupon there is still a dozen different avenues you have to go through before getting him such as plat to rush, plat to purchase materials, plat for slots etc. You are still going down the rabbit hole of seeing what Warframe has to offer before you get him.

8 hours ago, Numerounius said:

I would not call the prime access pack purchase bad advice.

No... I'd pretty solidly file telling someone to buy a single playable character in one game for over the cost of a tripple-A game under "bad advice"

If you have that money to spend on a game, buy another game. or 3-5 indi games, or older games, or games that are on sale, or.... you get the point. One warframe and a couple weapons is never going to be worth 80$. Getting it through discounted platinum and trade is far better at least cus then you also have a load of platinum to spend on cosmetics or like 5 other prime frames.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

No... I'd pretty solidly file telling someone to buy a single playable character in one game for over the cost of a tripple-A game under "bad advice"

If you have that money to spend on a game, buy another game. or 3-5 indi games, or older games, or games that are on sale, or.... you get the point. One warframe and a couple weapons is never going to be worth 80$. Getting it through discounted platinum and trade is far better at least cus then you also have a load of platinum to spend on cosmetics or like 5 other prime frames.

That’s your opinion, don’t tell people how to spend their money, unstar and numeronius were simply giving the other poster another avenue to get gauss as a very new player, which is valid, don’t reflect your opinion as fact it’s weird.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

If you choose Prime Access with the Acceltra it will take you into steel path levels. Just remember that it doesn’t stop there as you’ll need really good mods to make Gauss and your weapons strong. I’m all for getting the frame you want early if you have cash, so farming becomes easier for everything else.

Edited by MutoManiac

5 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

. . . ugh. are we seriously doing this?. . .

They can figure that out, they're spending their money. I'm not gatekeeping Gauss Prime to prime access and trying to compare the cost to other games or to Tennogen that the money can be used for instead. This was the reason why I didn't dive into detail since I'd knew there would be a thousand different ways to spin it, some that might make it bad advice and some that might make it a good proposition such as the included plat in the prime access pack making it more than just Gauss Prime included.

I'm just providing advice to the question they are asking which that is one of the possible and most direct answers that can be given. Who knows? Maybe they'll complain how awful it is to trade with people to get it with the discounted plat, maybe they'll no longer be considered a beginner when the price drops low enough/when get that coveted 75% coupon. They are still going through the Warframe experience to getting him regardless of what they do unless they get him outright by purchasing the prime access pack.

6 hours ago, Numerounius said:

. . . ugh. are we seriously doing this?. . .

They can figure that out, they're spending their money. I'm not gatekeeping Gauss Prime to prime access and trying to compare the cost to other games or to Tennogen that the money can be used for instead. This was the reason why I didn't dive into detail since I'd knew there would be a thousand different ways to spin it, some that might make it bad advice and some that might make it a good proposition such as the included plat in the prime access pack making it more than just Gauss Prime included.

I'm just providing advice to the question they are asking which that is one of the possible and most direct answers that can be given. Who knows? Maybe they'll complain how awful it is to trade with people to get it with the discounted plat, maybe they'll no longer be considered a beginner when the price drops low enough/when get that coveted 75% coupon. They are still going through the Warframe experience to getting him regardless of what they do unless they get him outright by purchasing the prime access pack.

Don’t even concern yourself amigo.

Run missions each day to acquire syndicate points / standing. Once you've maxxed out the day, run syndicate medallion missions which still give you standing and find all the medallions for more standing. Trade standing and medallions at your syndicates for relic packs to get gauss prime relics here and there. I had gauss prime in two days. No plat needed. Just play the game.

Just now, (PSN)ivhen_yt said:

I already got gauss Prime as a mr 7 its kinda easy just join a clan a ask for relic for gauss prime and just do it (if u have the best rng and a lot void traces u can get him for two day) 

I would not farm him for his speed and looks, just farm other prime like revenant,khora,wisp,zephyr,nekros

I would recommend this for new player but u have to be patient not all thing cant be rush i learned the hard way