Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask me anything?

helioth137

11 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

(LR 3 player here with 4.5k-ish hours)

Just wanted to add to this that one major fun factor of the game for me is the ability to play with friends. If I want a challenge, I ask them to pick a number or letter or theme and build a loadout that way. Or for archon hunts, challenge myself to use the bonus gear, even if it isn’t something I have fully built out. I make whacky builds on “non-meta” weapons just for the fun of it. 
once you’ve gotten to the point where you’ve completed the game, you’ve gotta make your own fun- be it by playing other games until there’s an update, helping new players, or all the stuff that we’ve mentioned. 

Actually really impressive you have that many hours played man, dedication. I found myself burn out a few times on WF when I played too much, this time round I'm seeing it more as a marathon and to keep the daily grind fun, but not over-cooked.

Also: Great suggestions, and those will prepare people well for the new "Deep Archimedea" game mode for once they reach rank 5 with Cavia. 
In it, we have to face a whole slew of detrimental effects, whilst using unusual warframe and weapon loadouts! 
The payoff is a guaranteed legendary arcane at the highest difficulty level, if you run it twice per week, that's around 120 to 200 :platinum: guaranteed

In general I think we always "create our own fun" and games are just there to help us get started. 

Thank you for your contribution Volto.

Would love hearing what you have to say about this vid i made last: 

Edited by helioth137

13 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Actually really impressive you have that many hours played man, dedication. I found myself burn out a few times on WF when I played too much, this time round I'm seeing it more as a marathon and to keep the daily grind fun, but not over-cooked.

Also: Great suggestions, and those will prepare people well for the new "Deep Archimedea" game mode for once they reach rank 5 with Cavia. 
In it, we have to face a whole slew of detrimental effects, whilst using unusual warframe and weapon loadouts! 
The payoff is a guaranteed legendary arcane at the highest difficulty level, if you run it twice per week, that's around 120 to 200 :platinum: guaranteed

In general I think we always "create our own fun" and games are just there to help us get started. 

Thank you for your contribution Volto.

Would love hearing what you have to say about this vid i made last: 

I’ve been in it for the long haul, since the game first launched. If I had the money to spare back then, I’d probably be a founder. But I’ve supported the game in other ways that I can. I for sure take breaks from warframe- only a month or two a year do I play on public / alone, I’m usually playing with my clan that I founded back at the beginning. But warframe always keeps me coming back for more when I’m not neck deep in another game. 

I haven’t maxed my cavia standing yet, so I have that to look forward to! I like to use weekly helminth buffs and archon hunt bonus gear as a chance to look back on my older equipment and refresh the builds- it’s too much to redo builds as updates come out, so I do it before archon hunts, duviri runs, or just on the warframe i have my helminth invigoration on for the week. 

as for the video, Yareli is certainly strong, and will be even more versatile once her new augment is out. I’ve always been one of the weird people who don’t care too much for K-drives. I’m glad they exist for people who are into racing games (or don’t have deployable archwing for open worlds yet), but as a mode of transport, I’d rather use archwing. Builds look solid. I’d do them differently, but I also play differently. I like to teach my clan that the build on every item should suit you and how you play, and by building them that way, you can go in with a specific purpose in mind.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

I’ve been in it for the long haul, since the game first launched. If I had the money to spare back then, I’d probably be a founder. But I’ve supported the game in other ways that I can. I for sure take breaks from warframe- only a month or two a year do I play on public / alone, I’m usually playing with my clan that I founded back at the beginning. But warframe always keeps me coming back for more when I’m not neck deep in another game. 

I haven’t maxed my cavia standing yet, so I have that to look forward to! I like to use weekly helminth buffs and archon hunt bonus gear as a chance to look back on my older equipment and refresh the builds- it’s too much to redo builds as updates come out, so I do it before archon hunts, duviri runs, or just on the warframe i have my helminth invigoration on for the week. 

as for the video, Yareli is certainly strong, and will be even more versatile once her new augment is out. I’ve always been one of the weird people who don’t care too much for K-drives. I’m glad they exist for people who are into racing games (or don’t have deployable archwing for open worlds yet), but as a mode of transport, I’d rather use archwing. Builds look solid. I’d do them differently, but I also play differently. I like to teach my clan that the build on every item should suit you and how you play, and by building them that way, you can go in with a specific purpose in mind.

Thanks for going into that further, I admire sticking it out for so long. I've swapped clans a bunch because... you get kicked for inactivity :D 

I think what you say is really useful advice and that's the way I'm developing in-game too;
using my own creativity and matching load-outs to certain frames and purposes,
I find it more fulfilling and interesting than following any builds, now that I've learned enough about synergies & so on. 

The K-drives definitely aren't for speed, but for style and enjoyment, the tricks &
races you can pull off add a neat alternate playstyle, you can even charge up your energy
for any frame with the "Juice" mod on the k-drive, quite quickly, while "quick getaway" makes you invulnerable. 

All That said, here's a Gauss speed grinding Vid I finished editing just now:
I found the glaive and prisma angstrum (& of course acceltra, but that runs out of ammo quick) work really well with him,
as it's almost impossible to aim for headshots & so on when you're moving so fast, he's also really great for those long Cavia missions I find. 

Edited by helioth137

5 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Thanks for going into that further, I admire sticking it out for so long. I've swapped clans a bunch because... you get kicked for inactivity :D 

I think what you say is really useful advice and that's the way I'm developing in-game too;
using my own creativity and matching load-outs to certain frames and purposes,
I find it more fulfilling and interesting than following any builds, now that I've learned enough about synergies & so on. 

The K-drives definitely aren't for speed, but for style and enjoyment, the tricks &
races you can pull off add a neat alternate playstyle, you can even charge up your energy
for any frame with the "Juice" mod on the k-drive, quite quickly, while "quick getaway" makes you invulnerable. 

All That said, here's a Gauss speed grinding Vid I finished editing just now:
I found the glaive and prisma angstrum (& of course acceltra, but that runs out of ammo quick) work really well with him,
as it's almost impossible to aim for headshots & so on when you're moving so fast, he's also really great for those long Cavia missions I find. 

No problem! And yeah, for my clan I made the rules very casual, since it’s unreasonable to expect people to be online all the time. It’s also why we keep it small (shadow) and keep our members to friends and friends of friends. We have a few more people than shadow clans allow for, but never all at once, so we’ll rotate members in and out with their activity as needed. 

yeah, k-drives certainly do have their uses, they just aren’t my style.

Gauss prime seems fun, but I haven’t gotten him yet. Like the few primes I don’t have yet, slowly but surely working on it.

I always do love a good glaive & sidearm pairing. A favorite of mine I use with my volt (or harrow) is euphona prime and orvius. I love being adaptable, and that pairing has it all- CC from orvius, single target from euphona, and the spread from euphona (though it’s more efficient to just use high multishot and not aim if you’re looking for doing crowd damage on a build around its primary fire) 

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-01 at 6:29 PM, voltocitygel said:

No problem! And yeah, for my clan I made the rules very casual, since it’s unreasonable to expect people to be online all the time. It’s also why we keep it small (shadow) and keep our members to friends and friends of friends. We have a few more people than shadow clans allow for, but never all at once, so we’ll rotate members in and out with their activity as needed. 

yeah, k-drives certainly do have their uses, they just aren’t my style.

Gauss prime seems fun, but I haven’t gotten him yet. Like the few primes I don’t have yet, slowly but surely working on it.

I always do love a good glaive & sidearm pairing. A favorite of mine I use with my volt (or harrow) is euphona prime and orvius. I love being adaptable, and that pairing has it all- CC from orvius, single target from euphona, and the spread from euphona (though it’s more efficient to just use high multishot and not aim if you’re looking for doing crowd damage on a build around its primary fire) 

That's cool, i enjoy what you share.

I'm glad you like getting around on archwings, do you have a favourite one? 
I'm still using Itzal from when blink used to be on him only, and barely ever play archwing, except for in railjack, actually a game mode i quite enjoy! 

My initial impression, or i should say remembrance on both euphona and orvius are that they're a bit underwhelming, at least compared to the more up to date offerings, i'll give it a try some time, i remember using euphona with its heavy hitting damage on eidolons as a backup for if i run out of ammo, back in the days where chroma had self damage and was the meta frame, haha :D 

--- 

Here's my latest video about obliterating tusk thumpers in seconds,
shortening your attempts to get vigilante / augur mods to minutes instead of hours: 

I also started uploading loadouts & guides on this site: https://overframe.gg/build/623876/ so i hope people find that helpful 

Please share more suggestions about what to create content on, thank you berry much <3 

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1

(Feel free to skip down to my actual question, the rest is context and me explaining why I'm asking xD)

Long-time player coming back to the game to finally hit MR 30 after many long Hiat-i, and finding the re-balancing of the game as a whole seems really reasonable. This was a game that I really struggled with when I was younger (mostly due to having a really undefined playstyle, and never knowing how to play to my own strengths -- turns out I'm more of a Utility/Support style player, and despite everybody telling me to play Rhino/Valkyr, I find my two default modes are Equinox/Trinity), and boy...the game is simply not the same kind of "difficult" it used to be. Warframe has a fairly smooth difficulty spike now (and an actual tutorial!!!) when trying to get from the normal star map to stuff like arbitration and sorties to the steel path and beyond. It boils down to: You hit a wall, you find a way to break the wall, and then you hit the next wall in need of breaking. And boy, it took me until 2017 to break a couple of those early-game walls, but it gets faster every time!

A lot of people seem to learn the game and brute-force missions on their favorite frame. The phrase that gets tossed around a bit is "one-trick," but I admire somebody who can do anything without needing a hyper-specialized build for it. I fill the void overcome an obstacle by grinding for new stuff, rather than always using something I already have, like looking for missing puzzle pieces. This is great for when I have time to fill and need something to do, but I now have 20 nicely polarized frames and a couple dozen really solid weapons...and not a single one of them is completely maxed out. I've got my eye on some of the crazier arcanes that drop off Netracell missions, but I took one look at the restrictions in place, and I suddenly feel like I'm back to playing Warframe during its teenaged Ninja Gaiden phase. LOL

More than ever, it feels like nearly every frame in the game is viable and functional, and for almost every mission type. You can use a huge collection of weapons (both ranged and melee! No more absolute melee superiority) and really get to curate your own playstyle and gameplay. That's equal parts exciting AND frustrating, for those of us who play a little bit of everything, and get really indecisive. You can ask for advice on how to beat a specific MR test, or clear a specific SP mission solo, or how to accomplish A task or B bounty or C objective -- but when "everything" kinda works, and will only work for the people it works for, it actually makes it really difficult to know where to focus. Short of trying everything in every combination by yourself, it's hard to know where to start.

My major struggle is that I picked this game up playing almost entirely solo. Didn't have anybody to really play with, and got nervous matchmaking with other players. Eventually, I built frames and weapons strong enough to complete content without outside assistance, and recently came back to clear the SP Star Map the same way I cleared the first one. Now I have an army of viable options for the content that's still slightly out of reach, and I'm not entirely sure which ones to focus on. In fact, due to the fact I like a slightly easier grind, I'm not even sure how to figure out which ones I like playing "best." (Such as; Playing a less-than-optimal frame in a place you wouldn't typically see it recommended.)

ACTUAL QUESTION:

If you could choose 1-2 frames, 3-5 weapons, and a limited selection of mods to play every piece of content in the game on, what would they be? How did you discover that answer? If they had to be a viable option for any mission that could possibly come up (potentially needing to fly solo), and any restrictions therein (assuming no consumables or brute-force options like an Elite On-Call Crewmate) what do you find is your "pocket pick" or comfort option? And most importantly, why? (Whether it has a specific ability, or gimmick, or works well with a funky subsume/arcane combo, etc.) Which mods are the first you max out, and do you find your builds tend to require a lot of forma?

Thanks for your time! Neat videos.

• Like 2

There were few questions but ended writing too many, they may sounds joke but seriously

• Around how many hours one reachest everything or start hating the game just login for dailies/weekly's 
  • Continuity to prev, why do i feel modding are harder to understand/make something outside the box than what it was long ago when we had less things
  • Is F2P still possible without being a completely pain, unfun to play as one has to farm for trading ( slots / cosmetics basic as colors,few armors,syandanas)  -   yes NW exists, but doesnt feel enough for the massive amount of items this games has
  • why twitch's drops are such a pain? no progress most time and not enough time to get a drop ( linking again isnt the solution, wf international doesnt have this issues)
  • Are unreal skins ever coming back?
  • Narmer palette was supporter "exclusive" bundle is there any chance others end being available for plat
  • Since console tenno gen cant be used when logged in pc ,is it the same for console brand cosmetics like colors or armors?

• why defense NPC's are such a pain to deal with ,any tricks for it?   AND why Archon NPC bugs outbounds?
  • why do i feel some frames dont contribute anything like killing or team abilities default but are very popular or used most of the time
  • why santum hub and munio mirror def runs poorly with performance issues? do they have secret rooms?
  • is there a reason why waframe has too many defense type objectives? and why are they so bad slow comparing to citric mirror def (two factions with incentive to kill/play as team) and alchemy are great modes
  •  
  • why some items dont drop at all like arum spinosa rivet? does it change for account? does it mine? anything i can do for it to drop?
  • do you use spectres? if so , which ones and what builds (mods, guns etc)
  • If last gasp(operator) is to revive oneself ,why its that hard unless i use madurai and even so somethings i cant auto-revive any other builds for it?
  • Using yareli board while sprinting is difficult and jumping doesnt go foward any tips to fix it? mods? or its just made that way
  • Its normal for ropalolyst battle to have issues with operator/frame transfer?
Edited by WOLFtv

On 3/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, helioth137 said:

That's cool, i enjoy what you share.

I'm glad you like getting around on archwings, do you have a favourite one? 
I'm still using Itzal from when blink used to be on him only, and barely ever play archwing, except for in railjack, actually a game mode i quite enjoy! 

My initial impression, or i should say remembrance on both euphona and orvius are that they're a bit underwhelming, at least compared to the more up to date offerings, i'll give it a try some time, i remember using euphona with its heavy hitting damage on eidolons as a backup for if i run out of ammo, back in the days where chroma had self damage and was the meta frame, haha :D 

--- 

Here's my latest video about obliterating tusk thumpers in seconds,
shortening your attempts to get vigilante / augur mods to minutes instead of hours: 

I also started uploading loadouts & guides on this site: https://overframe.gg/build/623876/ so i hope people find that helpful 

Please share more suggestions about what to create content on, thank you berry much <3 

I don’t run a lot of archwing missions either, I use them mostly on open worlds and in railjack, which is one of my favorite game modes. 

I typically use odonata prime. It’s nice that you can have a frontal projectile block, and the seeker missiles (while weak) are fire and forget for some chip damage on your way to wherever you’re going. Repel and flares exist too, I guess, if you really need more defense than just teleporting around and the high speed you can get with a maxed Hyperion thrusters.

Yeah they’re older but I rarely follow the “meta”. I find anything built well can handle mostly anything. it also doesn’t hurt that I have rivens for them both. 

On 3/4/2024 at 2:24 PM, strictlySpeaking said:

(Feel free to skip down to my actual question, the rest is context and me explaining why I'm asking xD)

Long-time player coming back to the game to finally hit MR 30 after many long Hiat-i, and finding the re-balancing of the game as a whole seems really reasonable. This was a game that I really struggled with when I was younger (mostly due to having a really undefined playstyle, and never knowing how to play to my own strengths -- turns out I'm more of a Utility/Support style player, and despite everybody telling me to play Rhino/Valkyr, I find my two default modes are Equinox/Trinity), and boy...the game is simply not the same kind of "difficult" it used to be. Warframe has a fairly smooth difficulty spike now (and an actual tutorial!!!) when trying to get from the normal star map to stuff like arbitration and sorties to the steel path and beyond. It boils down to: You hit a wall, you find a way to break the wall, and then you hit the next wall in need of breaking. And boy, it took me until 2017 to break a couple of those early-game walls, but it gets faster every time!

A lot of people seem to learn the game and brute-force missions on their favorite frame. The phrase that gets tossed around a bit is "one-trick," but I admire somebody who can do anything without needing a hyper-specialized build for it. I fill the void overcome an obstacle by grinding for new stuff, rather than always using something I already have, like looking for missing puzzle pieces. This is great for when I have time to fill and need something to do, but I now have 20 nicely polarized frames and a couple dozen really solid weapons...and not a single one of them is completely maxed out. I've got my eye on some of the crazier arcanes that drop off Netracell missions, but I took one look at the restrictions in place, and I suddenly feel like I'm back to playing Warframe during its teenaged Ninja Gaiden phase. LOL

More than ever, it feels like nearly every frame in the game is viable and functional, and for almost every mission type. You can use a huge collection of weapons (both ranged and melee! No more absolute melee superiority) and really get to curate your own playstyle and gameplay. That's equal parts exciting AND frustrating, for those of us who play a little bit of everything, and get really indecisive. You can ask for advice on how to beat a specific MR test, or clear a specific SP mission solo, or how to accomplish A task or B bounty or C objective -- but when "everything" kinda works, and will only work for the people it works for, it actually makes it really difficult to know where to focus. Short of trying everything in every combination by yourself, it's hard to know where to start.

My major struggle is that I picked this game up playing almost entirely solo. Didn't have anybody to really play with, and got nervous matchmaking with other players. Eventually, I built frames and weapons strong enough to complete content without outside assistance, and recently came back to clear the SP Star Map the same way I cleared the first one. Now I have an army of viable options for the content that's still slightly out of reach, and I'm not entirely sure which ones to focus on. In fact, due to the fact I like a slightly easier grind, I'm not even sure how to figure out which ones I like playing "best." (Such as; Playing a less-than-optimal frame in a place you wouldn't typically see it recommended.)

ACTUAL QUESTION:

If you could choose 1-2 frames, 3-5 weapons, and a limited selection of mods to play every piece of content in the game on, what would they be? How did you discover that answer? If they had to be a viable option for any mission that could possibly come up (potentially needing to fly solo), and any restrictions therein (assuming no consumables or brute-force options like an Elite On-Call Crewmate) what do you find is your "pocket pick" or comfort option? And most importantly, why? (Whether it has a specific ability, or gimmick, or works well with a funky subsume/arcane combo, etc.) Which mods are the first you max out, and do you find your builds tend to require a lot of forma?

I know I’m not the one who asked to answer questions, but I’m here so I figured I’d give it a go.

I had a bit of a different experience since me and my friends got into the game together- but I had a 6 month head start. 11 years later, we all still play together, when we have time. But since we’ve always been a team, we each eventually started specializing, until we had reached the point where we could expand and fill other roles / gaps if someone couldn’t be there, and so on.

I rarely ever use consumables, though it is sometimes fun to deploy an army of specters and watch them do a defense for you. 

Since I got everyone into the game and started sooner, I have played the most and have quite a bit of solo time. This also meant I was the first to start filling other roles, so I became a bit of a jack of all trades, focused on adapting to whatever the situation needed. I started the game with volt- and he’s still my go to frame. I find his versatility allows him to adapt to any situation. I use him more often than not- I do occasionally switch when the situation calls for it or I feel like a change of pace, but I always find myself missing his kit. 

I like the cheap, multi target CC his 1 provides. It can target foes around corners, if one is in chain range of where you target the initial cast. 

His 2, while useful for running through areas and upping attack speed, is the ability I usually throw a subsumed ability over. Tons of options, depending on what you’re going for. One that’s underrated is teslas, especially if you’re going to use archon stretch. It’ll provide you continuous energy income for a low initial cost, until they run out of charges. Gyre’s ability fits here well too, to group foes since electric statuses are AoE damage, and because of the way his 4 works. But again, tons of viable options here.

His 3 is nice for the projectile block, including AoEs. You can carry it with you, too. The 50% extra electric damage and 200% extra crit damage when shooting through it are great too though. I do like using the augment so my team can carry the shields too- sometimes it gets use, sometimes it doesn’t. But either way it adds blocked damage to his passive, which is VERY strong. Without this his passive will only give you a minor damage increase. With it, that damage increase becomes much more noticeable. 

His 4 is a great panic button, giving AoE DoT and a nice stun to go with it. I always run capacitance to get me and my squad overshields with each cast. 

naturally, I can’t use him to maximum effect on no shields alerts, but that’s when I’ll bring another frame out. 

Staple mods are the augments for his 3 and 4, primed redirection, primed continuity (or archon, if you choose to subsume the right abilities), archon stretch, umbral intensify, adaptation. Efficiency is nice but not needed. Sometimes I’ll run an aug for the subsumed ability as well, depending on what it is. I usually run power drift, and whatever aura suits the situation. I use arcane avenger for the crit chance. I don’t run a second arcane since I have an arcane helmet, but if I did it’d probably be something to boost my abilities or weapons, rather than survivability or utility. 

My weapons tend to be very precision oriented- I prefer low rate of fire, precise weapons that reward headshots and careful aim. These compliment the crit bonuses from electric shield and arcane avenger. If I had to pick just a few, I’d stick with my dread, dual toxycyst, and prisma skana. I’ll swap my secondaries far more often than my primary or melee- but with that setup, I can get through almost any content in the game alone with few issues. 

That all said, there’s nothing wrong with loving a support playstyle. Our community loves them, and they’re a great asset to any squad. I even have a tiny bit mixed into my typical kit. Any support frame is viable- i prefer harrow, as a headshot / DPS support hybrid. But for more true supports there’s always wisp, trinity, and equinox. Weapons are the hard picks for support players, because there aren’t any major synergies between their kits and the weapons they use. Sancti magistar has a bit of support utility mixed in, but otherwise, weapon wise, it’s all about what you enjoy. That said, if you plan to spend most of your time casting rather than attacking (like some support builds do), any weapons that can do things faster, or without your input (stuff with DoT or radial effects) would be better. 

I hope this was helpful. If you have questions I’m happy to answer them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-03-04 at 9:24 PM, strictlySpeaking said:

ACTUAL QUESTION:

Hey, great question and i understand the back-drop framing too. 

Mods: Melee:
Condition Overload, 
Blood rush,
Weeping wounds,
60-60 elemental mods; viral for slash weapons, heat, 
Primed Reach
Crit mod e.g Sacrificial Steel
Tennokai; Opportunity's Reach/ Discipline's merit

Arcane; Melee Influence-Expose-Vortex, if zaw then Force or Contagion,
as force has no cooldown, and contagion turns your melee ranged with a massive 400% dmg buff + aoe. 

Ranged:
Arbitration buffs or if stat stick amalgam buff mods (serration/ shot/ hell)
60-60 stat/dmg hybrids,

Primary Dexterity, Primary Merciless, Primary Deadhead (snipers/ stealth/ accuracy gameplay)

Frame mods: Either brief respite and augur mods for late game survivability / endurance, or, depending on the frame, adaptation, umbral or armour mods such as health conversion, lots of strength and duration, arcane energize, melee attack speed [arcane strike], or arcane avenger if it's a ranged build. Those are pretty much staple builds that benefit most frames. Many stealth frames need neither shieldgate nor tankiness so they just run rolling guard for those brief moments stealth drops OR they catch a stray explosion. 

The archon shards that add armour are also amazing for low base armour frames such as equinox, trinity, wisp and so on, as they add a huge boost, instead of multiplicative, additive, and i think they scale in a new way with the fiber mods after that. The issue with armour is after a certain level you still just get one shot. 

So to answer in short Frames: for offense/ annihilation playstyle It's a toss up between Voruna and Excalibur, with V being more focused on Endurance, Level Cap, Stealth and Thrill style gameplay, and Excal on casual Survival/ Extermination/ Fun grinding. 
I love Voruna with Wrathful Advance instead of Ulfrun's descent, for active, twitch gameplay, and I love exalibur with Chromatic Blade, and wrathful advance instead of slash-dash. The ability puts you in red crit territory and has a short i-frame (immortality window), it now combos well with tennokai, using up the proc and speeding up the animation if synchronized.

For support/ squad carrying, such as in eidolons, survival, cascade, defense missions, arbi e.t.c, i just love playing Trinity, for many reasons; Blessing & Link insane damage reduction, infinite squad energy, instant squad-affinity range heal+shield restore, interaction with vazarin immortality and void snare, amazing subsume over her 1 without breaking her kit, for instance Xata's whisper, or Mind Control for offensive capabilities

Honorable mentions do go to Gauss, Volt and Saryn for speed running missions when i want some mindless grinding or something different, they're just fun frames and very powerful, 2 green archon shards for 100% armour stripping with saryn turn her into a real monster, as well as melee influence dual ichors for annihlation, and the sobek + acid shells combo. 

Weapons:
#0: tie between Syam and Redeemer, especially since the re-work with Kullervo's Wrathful Advance subsume, now properly interacting with Tennokai, this heavy attack beast wrecks hallways of enemies, red critting in the tens or even hundreds of millions, a little diamond in the rough easy to overlook. 
I love the redeemer's feel with high-noon 

The Miter goes in spot #1 for me, esp. with its Incarnon mode shredding capabilities and interaction with Xata's whisper, Eclipse, Roar, e.t.c [Neutralizing Justice] is just too good as a utility ability, being able to nullify nullifiers instantly, not to mention it can shred level cap enemies, the noise it makes and the feel of horizontal discs isn't the very best, but its utility and aoe ricochet is. 

#2 goes to... *drum roll* Prisma Angstrum incarnon, it's really nice to charge without headshots for fast paced gameplay, and its damage + ammo efficiency are just great, i run it with Cascadia flare for the monumental 500% dmg boost on stacked heat procs. 

#3: Grimoire, especially for non-wealthy pre-arcane energize players; having the alt fire act as a fire at will energize every 20 seconds or so, is super useful utility, and when you run with a strong primary or exalted damage weapon, combos perfectly for those oh $h!t moments when you run out of energy

#4 Praedos for the movement speed buff / passive and world-blender ability :D 

#5 Runner-ups; Cedo & Epitaph for priming; Laetum/Phenmor/Felarx for all-around damage, Hammer Zaw with Exodia contagion for tens of aoe millions of damage without ammo (my go to for PT), 

Also, you didn't ask, but operator config: I love the klamora amp with phahd ricochet disc and crit, as well as magus melt, lockdown and eternal eradicate/ onslaught. 
I find this way my operator-drifter hits harder than many, many early decree stage weapons/ frames in circuit SP, and is enough to go to level cap in void cascade. 

The focus schools I max'd first were Zenurik, Madurai, Vazarin, Naramon and Unairu, but the utility & power of them are more like: Unairu; primed sure footed replacement, tankability, amp buff and you can resurrect yourself through 100% armour & shield strength & decent amp build,

Vazarin: immortality & squad healing & void snare (grouping/ finisher opener), super solid for all sorts of solo and group content, especially annoying defense missions, although there are random game modes it doesn't work in for some reason !? 

Madurai: instakill 1000% dmg buff & amp damage buff, a bit boring but gets the job done, almost irreplicable for Eidolons.

Naramon; great melee opener abilities, the highest skill cap school which opens the most combos and potentially increases damage cap of melee most, very under-used in this way, mostly just used for stopping melee combo from falling off, but Lethal Levitation, Opening Slam, Killer's rush, have some really nice synergy, they're like a permanent void strike if you pick the right weapon to combo them with & don't mind the active playstyle for keeping them up. I believe the 50% crit is base/ flat crit chance not multiplicative, thus pushing you into higher red crit tiers. 

Pets should also not be ignored, especially with their new bond mods and the ways to keep them in the fight by achieving certain combat goals, i use a panzer vulpaphyla for viral priming and giving myself (+, not x) 120% crit dmg multiplier at all times.

Last thing that should be mentioned is the parazon mod which extends hacking time, it can be invaluable for sorties and other missions where you cannot cipher the hack, if you are not a speed hacker/ out of practice.

I've designed these frames and load-outs to be really fun for my personally, and the high risk high reward, glass cannon gameplay style i find enjoyable, 
I came across these answers after many hundreds of hours of endgame play, and leaving the game/ returning with inspiration from other games, to find what is fun for me personally.

Here's two little gameplay videos to demonstrate what I mean regarding Voruna and Trinity: 

If you could leave me some kind words to inspire me to make guides and longer videos, that would be much appreciated, 
I feel a little stuck in the mud/ in a bit of a struggle with inertia of launching this channel and gaining a following to start with, but
really feel i have some good content/ fun memes to offer, and when I'm designing & editing it is actually fun for me. 
It was encouraging to see my little gauss video guide get 250 views, but all in all most videos get stuck at about 30, and i do put some effort in with the thumbnails,
content, memes, editing. I told myself i'd keep going for a few months, wasn't anticipating Youtube's algorithm being quite so harsh lol. 

17 hours ago, WOLFtv said:

There were few questions but not anymore ,some could be joke but serious

• Around how many hours one starts hating themselves.just log and do dailies ,bland game 

- it comes in waves, lol, the time differences vary from player to player, it's basically a sign of burn-out and one's own lack of creativity if one stops enjoying it. 

• Continuity to prev, why i feel modding/builds are harder to understand/make than years ago but there are way more options and broken strats

higher diversity lock = harder to crack :D a nice place to start is with opening your mods menu in orbiter and looking up "set" or "slash" or other keywords, designing builds around that, or frames, and so on.

• Is F2P still possible without being a completely pain, unfun to play as one has to farm for trading ( slots / cosmetics basic as colors,few armors,syandanas) 
    yes NW exists, not enough for the massive amount of items this games has 

F2P is totally viable, just keep cracking relics and selling sets, as well as the items from daily standing, you can make 200 plat per day with little effort, just handing in daily standing and selling the expensive items on warframe.market / if you get lucky with rivens and their rolls you can make a lot more that way too. 

• why twitch's drops are such a pain? no progress most time and not enough time to get a drop ( linking again isnt the solution, wf international doesnt have this many issues or any) 

i don't bother with twitch drops but some just switch a window on and let it run till they have their drop. 

• Are unreal skins ever coming back?

perhaps

• Narmer palette was supporter "exclusive" bundle is there any chance others end being available for plat

question unclear, there's lots of colour bundles for credits and plat

• Since console tenno gen cant be used when logged on pc ,is the same for console brand cosmetics like colors or armors?

question unclear... you can access all non-tennoGen cosmetics.

• why defense NPC's are such a pain to deal with ,any tricks?   AND why Archon NPC likes to break the game going outbounds?

Use Vazarin school protective dash and guardian shell on them, as well as frames like trinity with blessing, frost, and so on. Archons... never had an issue with them. If your internet connection is bad you get more bugs.

• why do i feel wukong players dont contribute anything like killing or team abilities to the mission yet its so popular comparing to inaro who was the worse ability wise )

Wukong is a well rounded frame, lots of players underperform what a frame can do, by building and activating its abilities the wrong way. 
    There is a certain "skill cap" which most players never really hit. 

• why santum hub and munio mirror def runs poorly with performance issues?  yet zero with open maps and duviri

Newer maps using new graphics technology which have differing degrees of compatibility with old/ new hardware, e.g. nvidia/ amd. Try updating your drivers or buying a new decent budget upgrade for whichever part of your p.c is weakest. Also, downgrade the settings, mine runs fine with everything on medium/ high but without anti-aliasing, which causes over-heating :o

• why are there that many types of defense mode and most being boring and long?

citric mirror def (two factions with incentive to kill/play as team) and alchemy are great modes

Many mission types were designed over 10 years ago, they are gradually being updated, as the tile-sets for earth, corpus and so on have been. 
I suggest putting on some favourite musing and talking to friends whilst grinding things you don't enjoy.

• why arum spinosa rivet doesnt drop? does it hate me?

Trade the rivens you got which are valuable but not interesting to you on warframe.market 

• do you use spectres? if so which ones and what builds ,guns etc 

Only when facing really challenging missions, mostly solo. 
    I have a trinity specter and a wisp one. 
    Also ancient healers for the 90% dmg reduction 

• If last gasp(operator) is to revive oneselve ,why its that hard unless using very specific things like best amp+arcane+school (mainly school)

because the game would be boring without a challenge, and players tend to have level appropriate amps/ arcanes/ schools; unairu's niche is self reviving by shield and armour cancellation. 

• why  using Yareli board with sprint is horrible? zero manuevier control

Swap between sprint mode for straight fast tracks, and strafe mode with shift/ whichever button for your platform.

• Its normal that ropalolyst have issues with operator/frame transfer?

nope, haven't encountered those issues, 

Edited by helioth137
pet
  • Like 2

I'll take any answers people are willing to give! I LOVE all the detail and effort and thought that went into the responses both of you gave! :D

On 2024-03-06 at 10:14 AM, voltocitygel said:

His 2, while useful for running through areas and upping attack speed, is the ability I usually throw a subsumed ability over. Tons of options, depending on what you’re going for. One that’s underrated is teslas, especially if you’re going to use archon stretch. It’ll provide you continuous energy income for a low initial cost, until they run out of charges. Gyre’s ability fits here well too, to group foes since electric statuses are AoE damage, and because of the way his 4 works. But again, tons of viable options here.

See, stuff like this? Brilliant. Stuff that a long-time user of a really specific frame or weapon or playstyle is just going to figure out over time. What am I playing? Why am I playing it? What am I trying to do? What am I missing, in order to accomplish that thing?

Not all of us quite have that Arcane Energize just yet, and I've been actively hunting down a good Subsume option for just the *tiniest* bit of energy regen I can find, usually for a frame that uses channelled abilities. :( Not everybody knows that things like Energy Siphon and Energy Nexus won't kick in while a channeled ability is in use. (Probably because most frames don't have a channeled ability...) I only just discovered the massive Dispensary nerf, and if you lean heavily into Equinox's 3 and 4, you're probably not running her with duration (fine for channeling, very bad for stuff like an augmented Spectrorage...) so that shrinks my options down a bit...

D: Volt Prime is now one of the only 7 frames I'm missing, and man, he's one of the ones I was always the most excited about.

On 2024-03-06 at 10:14 AM, voltocitygel said:

My weapons tend to be very precision oriented- I prefer low rate of fire, precise weapons that reward headshots and careful aim. These compliment the crit bonuses from electric shield and arcane avenger. If I had to pick just a few, I’d stick with my dread, dual toxycyst, and prisma skana. I’ll swap my secondaries far more often than my primary or melee- but with that setup, I can get through almost any content in the game alone with few issues. 

That all said, there’s nothing wrong with loving a support playstyle. Our community loves them, and they’re a great asset to any squad. I even have a tiny bit mixed into my typical kit. Any support frame is viable- i prefer harrow, as a headshot / DPS support hybrid. But for more true supports there’s always wisp, trinity, and equinox. Weapons are the hard picks for support players, because there aren’t any major synergies between their kits and the weapons they use. Sancti magistar has a bit of support utility mixed in, but otherwise, weapon wise, it’s all about what you enjoy. That said, if you plan to spend most of your time casting rather than attacking (like some support builds do), any weapons that can do things faster, or without your input (stuff with DoT or radial effects) would be better.

I hope this was helpful. If you have questions I’m happy to answer them. 

A kindred spirit! My first "real" weapon was the Dread, fully kitted out with Baby's first tactical potato, and was even the first riven I ever got. I used it for so long, that to this day, it's my most-used Primary weapon! (921 hours listed in-game, 12.3% Dread use :P) I'll always take one big shot that finishes the fight over a hail of bullets (even if it takes a bit of set-up and aiming time, despite enjoying the exact opposite in melee), and accuracy is in most of the weapons I use best. But, obviously...casting time can get in the way. I do find something like a simple grab-and-go Kuva Nukor to be a bit more "functional" in a chaotic mission, but it'll just never be as satisfying.

All good advice, and nice to see somebody "supporting" the use of less offensive/aggressive frames and abilities! A lot of people used to be a bit snarky with us utility-frame users (especially when encountered out in the wild in regular missions), but where would all the old-school Eidolon hunters be without a good Trinity? :P

On 2024-03-06 at 2:33 PM, helioth137 said:

Hey, great question and i understand the back-drop framing too.

This is mostly in regards to your mod choices, because immediately, the 60/60s (for all weapon types) and anything that stacks with combo multiplier (AFTER the re-work that allowed multiple status proccs on over 100%) have become my bread-and-butter. Even if melee hadn't dominated the meta for so long, something that can scale that hard, to add so much to your build? Is very hard to pass up. The 60/60s are easily the most splashable mods you can put on almost anything, including weapons that otherwise crave crit > status. (And the wild disparity between those and a more hybrid/status build!)

I've noticed that people over-estimate the amount of damage something like Pressure Point will do when combined with something like Condition Overload, even moreso after adding other "damage increases" from elsewhere in their build, which was part of what led to my struggle in wrapping my head around the modding system.. well. After the re-work that made mods show the actual, numerical increases they gave. xD

Because while it's great to know "what stats you need" on a weapon (i.e. "mod this for crit" or "mod this for status") you won't really know what that looks like when you first start out. You won't have any of those mods, and you won't know which ones you should get first. It's easy to assume that fire rate is always good, or that magazine capacity is better (or worse!) than it actually is -- modding a weapon for the highest burst damage possible ("Damage Per Screenshot") is simply not the same as modding for the highest sustainable damage-per-second you can. And the latter is way more important for a newer player.

I won't even touch on the "personal play style" side of things, because I just recently started clearing out weapons I had that were "very good" but that I just...hated using. Simple stuff; I don't like big, slow, and clunky melee weapons. I don't like heavy attacks. For some reason, that's more okay with ranged weapons? But if a melee weapon's special trait is only activated on Heavy Attack use, I'm simply never going to use it. I kept around a lot of the story weapons and a couple decent options for a bit of everything, but I was able to free up some major weapon space by finally letting go of a couple things.

Showing people which frames benefit from a bit of tankiness vs. which frames never want to see Adaptation anywhere in their build...it's tough. Which frames can truly benefit from something like Health Conversion, especially if they can't safely take the damage needed to pick up health orbs? (Obviously, this answer is wildly different for a new player struggling with the basic star map vs. that second or third hour into an infinitely scaling Steel Path mission.) Others have literal built-in invulnerability and don't need one or more of those types of mods, like Valkyr or Wukong or Garuda -- and if you can play around Rolling Guard, the frame may not even matter, you may uniquely need no other form of sustain at all.

So to answer in short Frames: for offense/ annihilation playstyle It's a toss up between Voruna and Excalibur, with V being more focused on Endurance, Level Cap, Stealth and Thrill style gameplay, and Excal on casual Survival/ Extermination/ Fun grinding.

-snip-

The Miter goes in spot #1 for me, esp. with its Incarnon mode shredding capabilities and interaction with Xata's whisper, Eclipse, Roar, e.t.c [Neutralizing Justice] is just too good as a utility ability, being able to nullify nullifiers instantly, not to mention it can shred level cap enemies, the noise it makes and the feel of horizontal discs isn't the very best, but its utility and aoe ricochet is. 

-snip-

#3: Grimoire, especially for non-wealthy pre-arcane energize players; having the alt fire act as a fire at will energize every 20 seconds or so, is super useful utility, and when you run with a strong primary or exalted damage weapon, combos perfectly for those oh $h!t moments when you run out of energy

-snip-

Pets should also not be ignored, especially with their new bond mods and the ways to keep them in the fight by achieving certain combat goals, i use a panzer vulpaphyla for viral priming and giving myself (+, not x) 120% crit dmg multiplier at all times.

Excal was my starter (and due to my lack of progress for uhm.. *cough* -- let's just say I was stuck using him for a VERY long time), and having essentially learned the game on him, I couldn't be happier to see that he's still viable. His Chromatic Blade augment is still one I get giddy about, and...well. I don't know what still counts as spoilers these days, but he remains my go-to option for any mission I use a necramech in. Excal, a Vizier Predasite, my on-call crewmate. It's the solo player in me.

And while I'm not super familiar with Voruna just yet, I found she was kind of shockingly fun to play.

First off -- Miter. <3 The first "fun" weapon I was ever introduced to. I didn't even know it HAD an Incarnon mode, so if you'll excuse me, I need to go pay Cavalero a visit-

The Miter was the first weapon I ever tried to jury-rig into doing the most damage possible. I rolled a riven for it myself, farmed up the Kuva for it myself, 10/10 would shoot razordiscs of death again.

Second, I'm sorry, the Grimoire does WHAT NOW. <- Sincerely, someone who doesn't have Arcane Energize

Third, I recently returned to the game suddenly find I had a new source to pour my reputation into! These bond mods are so exciting! Pack Leader + Reinforced Bond? And the fact that you can now run 2 copies of the same mod (without needing to own 2 of them) on companions at the same time? Made me realize I could run 2x Pack Leader and 2x Reinforced Bond on Venari + my Companion while using Khora... (anybody wanna go brrr?) My default is my Sly Vulp, and I'm most excited about Contagious Bond. :D We're gonna have some fun with that.

Side-Note: Hilariously enough, I didn't ask about Op stuff because I'm still used to it being a taboo to discuss. I'll be maxing out my first Focus tree in a day or two, and I still don't know how to build the Amp I really want to use -- I've been debating something like a 1/4/7 (big damage) or a 4/4/6 (never stop shooting, basically) and because trying them all out involves as much farming as it does... :( Back-burner. More "personal" Amps tailored to one's playstyle might be something to dig into, now that Ops are so solidly part of normal gameplay?

If you could leave me some kind words to inspire me to make guides and longer videos, that would be much appreciated, 
I feel a little stuck in the mud/ in a bit of a struggle with inertia of launching this channel and gaining a following to start with, but
really feel i have some good content/ fun memes to offer, and when I'm designing & editing it is actually fun for me. 
It was encouraging to see my little gauss video guide get 250 views, but all in all most videos get stuck at about 30, and i do put some effort in with the thumbnails,
content, memes, editing. I told myself i'd keep going for a few months, wasn't anticipating Youtube's algorithm being quite so harsh lol.

The information you gave was more than I ever could've hoped for, and will honestly help not just me, but anybody who can manage to find it! I will probably start linking your videos to some friends of mine, as the youngest of my extended group of friends are only just-now starting to play. The algorithm is not kind, and as much as I'd love to give advice on the time of day to post, where to link via social media, how to advertise, it does just boil down to getting your stuff in front of as many eyeballs as possible. All it takes is getting it in front of just the right person for things to start rolling. Longer content is great and all, but I know I prefer shorter and sweeter videos, and that I'm a lot more likely to read a written guide due to being deaf -- that doesn't mean that I don't love a good video! But I will definitely find shorter ones easier to watch. I'm loving the teasers!

At the end of the day, make content you love! If you love it, somebody else will to. Let's see if we can help people find it!

• Like 2

Genuinely glad you find the info useful, and thank you for your kind words.

Some more feedback: i've found the 6 (klamora)-4 (phahd)-7 (certus) amp great, even if a tiny bit niche, the 1-4-7 would be more well rounded. 

I'll make a vid about the other answers and be sure to include subtitles.

I think making 1 minute shorts is the way forwards, no one seems to watch the long form content anymore, i guess i can just stream if i want to share long things 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, strictlySpeaking said:

I'll take any answers people are willing to give! I LOVE all the detail and effort and thought that went into the responses both of you gave! :D

Happy to help! 
It’s nice to hear someone else using slower precision weapons with utility/support frames. (I’ve got over 4k hrs and my dread is somewhere between 13-20% usage, with volt prime sitting at around 40. Approximate stats since I can’t check rn) I just love how they play. To compensate I’ll often carry a secondary with a higher rate of fire (though usually also precision, like my athodai or dual toxycyst) for when I need it. 
i totally understand what you mean about melees, I’m not big on slow ones or heavy attacks either, which is why I tend to use swords, dual blades, glaives, nikanas, and polearms. I feel like with slower heavy hitting primaries in a game like warframe, the natural compliment is a melee is something you can strike with quickly, to eliminate melee or swarming enemies quickly so you can get back to using your bow (or rifle, or whatever else). 
I find I naturally equip myself so each weapon has a separate purpose in a mission, because it lets me adapt best to any situation. 

speaking of bond mods, I always have my adarza kavat with me and have him use two bond mods- one that provides 60% fire rate if his shield max is over 1200 (it easily is), and one that gives me 1.2x extra crit multiplier if his crit chance is high enough (it is). The latter has the added bonus of speeding up his down recovery by 3 seconds with every headshot I get. 

But the key point here is that thanks to this, I can now use critical delay on my bows, instead of just point strike, and still have a shorter charge time than base. Figured you’d love to know that, since bow builds like fire rate but you have to give up damage to have them. 

arcane energize is nice? Mine isn’t maxed but I rarely use it. I find that unless you’re casting expensive abilities constantly, you’ll be able to sustain through eximus energy drops. Of course, I have archon stretch, so I get 10 energy back anytime I cast volt’s 1 or 4. (With this and no efficiency you get back 10 of the 15 energy it cost to cast his 1.) I know it’s useful and strong, but I feel like it’s more niche than people want to admit. Don’t stress too much about not having it. 

Also, mine isn’t built out yet, but the grimoire has great potential to be a huge buff to your warframe, if you don’t mind giving up a higher damage secondary for it. 

My amp is 1/5/7. I run Madurai (but have 100% completed all trees), so my primary fire has huge potential to one shot enemies if I get headshots (including eidolon shields). If I get downed, I can pop my Madurai damage boost, look for a crowd of weaker enemies, and use my alt fire to spray projectiles into them, if there are enough or their health is low enough that I’ll reliably revive off of them. Otherwise, it’ll take 3 headshots, which is riskier since operators tend to be squishy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, voltocitygel said:

speaking of bond mods, I always have my adarza kavat with me and have him use two bond mods- one that provides 60% fire rate if his shield max is over 1200 (it easily is), and one that gives me 1.2x extra crit multiplier if his crit chance is high enough (it is). The latter has the added bonus of speeding up his down recovery by 3 seconds with every headshot I get.

-snip-

arcane energize is nice? Mine isn’t maxed but I rarely use it. I find that unless you’re casting expensive abilities constantly, you’ll be able to sustain through eximus energy drops. Of course, I have archon stretch, so I get 10 energy back anytime I cast volt’s 1 or 4. (With this and no efficiency you get back 10 of the 15 energy it cost to cast his 1.) I know it’s useful and strong, but I feel like it’s more niche than people want to admit. Don’t stress too much about not having it.

Also, mine isn’t built out yet, but the grimoire has great potential to be a huge buff to your warframe, if you don’t mind giving up a higher damage secondary for it.

My amp is 1/5/7. I run Madurai (but have 100% completed all trees), so my primary fire has huge potential to one shot enemies if I get headshots (including eidolon shields). If I get downed, I can pop my Madurai damage boost, look for a crowd of weaker enemies, and use my alt fire to spray projectiles into them, if there are enough or their health is low enough that I’ll reliably revive off of them. Otherwise, it’ll take 3 headshots, which is riskier since operators tend to be squishy. 

#1. Has anybody tested to see if Venari + Other Companion can run the Shield/Overshield -> Fire Rate mod, to see if the fire rate benefit stacks? That's a lotta fire rate...I definitely have a build I'm pushing absolutely max fire rate on my Twin Grakatas that I use with Arcane Pistoleer, just to see how many shells end up on my screen. XD

#2. If I'm running buff/debuff Equinox for higher level content, then my burst doesn't do enough damage to consistently take Eximus out with normal enemies. I think that's just a side-effect of Overguard? If I'm running max-range Equinox, I tank ability strength, but I have all the time in the world to do as much AoE as possible before letting the nuke go off -- I just can't do as much to keep my team alive. Letting both my Duration AND Strength tank allow me to bring extra mods like Flow in the latter build, where energy isn't a problem. With all the extra range, I can also leave energy orbs there to pick up as I need them. But for the former, while I can take priority targets out myself, if I'm managing to do damage, debuffing the damage enemies deal, trying to keep up the shields of my teammates, AND CC-ing panic-button targets -- having both her 3 AND 4 up at the same time means that she eats through quite a lot of energy. And that's with maximum Ability Efficiency. (190%, above the 175% soft-cap, because it continues to discount channeling costs.)

It's nice when I have a squad that's super tightly clumped together (especially since the 300% ability range I know and love gets nuked all the way down to about 145%), but as things get more chaotic, I find I have the chance to run out of energy completely. Part of that issue is that I will pick up every single energy orb I walk by, as I'm ticking my energy down with every second my abilities are up. I can't leave energy laying around to grab later, unless I want to play with Fetch/Vacuum turned off completely. Any time I spend with my 3 OR 4 turned off is both damage/health lost, and the energy I get from orbs has me considering pushing archon shards to get that extra kick out of the drops I get. I could definitely use Arcane Energize, and saving up for one is my current project. I'll look into whether or not the Grimoire could fill the gap, though my two go-to Secondaries are my Twin Grakatas and my Kuva Nukor. Tough choice.

#3. I have fairly rinky-dink arcanes on my Op (Husk/Vigor), but with a lil under half the way-bound nodes unbound and my primary Focus path in Unairu (plus 9/9/9/10/10 Railjack intrinsics and 10/9/10/10 of the *other* intrinsics filled out), I come out in Op form with 1,600 HP and a considerable amount of armor. I could probably do with a bit more damage, but I find that I have almost no issue with dying in Op form whatsoever. In fact, I find that I almost never die in any game mode I play in these days (Mastery tests with lots of Eximus, SP, Mech stuff, Archwing, etc) -- the issue is more the ability to keep a Defense point from being destroyed, etc.

All good food for thought.

Edited by strictlySpeaking
Typo/forgotten detail
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, helioth137 said:

Genuinely glad you find the info useful, and thank you for your kind words.

Got excited about it, but did a bit of testing. Xata Invocation, sadly, does not give passive Energy regen while an ability is being channeled, same as Energy Siphon/Nexus. That's what I would've used it for most, so I am still on my quest to save up for Arcane Energize! But dang, if the Tome isn't more fun than I was expecting! It was worth a shot. :)

Edit: I haven't gotten any of the Canticles yet, so the Universal Orb one may still be a big help. Will continue searching!

Edit listed
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, strictlySpeaking said:

#1. Has anybody tested to see if Venari + Other Companion can run the Shield/Overshield -> Fire Rate mod, to see if the fire rate benefit stacks? That's a lotta fire rate...I definitely have a build I'm pushing absolutely max fire rate on my Twin Grakatas that I use with Arcane Pistoleer, just to see how many shells end up on my screen. XD

#2. If I'm running buff/debuff Equinox for higher level content, then my burst doesn't do enough damage to consistently take Eximus out with normal enemies. I think that's just a side-effect of Overguard? If I'm running max-range Equinox, I tank ability strength, but I have all the time in the world to do as much AoE as possible before letting the nuke go off -- I just can't do as much to keep my team alive. Letting both my Duration AND Strength tank allow me to bring extra mods like Flow in the latter build, where energy isn't a problem. With all the extra range, I can also leave energy orbs there to pick up as I need them. But for the former, while I can take priority targets out myself, if I'm managing to do damage, debuffing the damage enemies deal, trying to keep up the shields of my teammates, AND CC-ing panic-button targets -- having both her 3 AND 4 up at the same time means that she eats through quite a lot of energy. And that's with maximum Ability Efficiency. (190%, above the 175% soft-cap, because it continues to discount channeling costs.)

It's nice when I have a squad that's super tightly clumped together (especially since the 300% ability range I know and love gets nuked all the way down to about 145%), but as things get more chaotic, I find I have the chance to run out of energy completely. Part of that issue is that I will pick up every single energy orb I walk by, as I'm ticking my energy down with every second my abilities are up. I can't leave energy laying around to grab later, unless I want to play with Fetch/Vacuum turned off completely. Any time I spend with my 3 OR 4 turned off is both damage/health lost, and the energy I get from orbs has me considering pushing archon shards to get that extra kick out of the drops I get. I could definitely use Arcane Energize, and saving up for one is my current project. I'll look into whether or not the Grimoire could fill the gap, though my two go-to Secondaries are my Twin Grakatas and my Kuva Nukor. Tough choice.

#3. I have fairly rinky-dink arcanes on my Op (Husk/Vigor), but with a lil under half the way-bound nodes unbound and my primary Focus path in Unairu (plus 9/9/9/10/10 Railjack intrinsics and 10/9/10/10 of the *other* intrinsics filled out), I come out in Op form with 1,600 HP and a considerable amount of armor. I could probably do with a bit more damage, but I find that I have almost no issue with dying in Op form whatsoever. In fact, I find that I almost never die in any game mode I play in these days (Mastery tests with lots of Eximus, SP, Mech stuff, Archwing, etc) -- the issue is more the ability to keep a Defense point from being destroyed, etc.

1) I haven’t since I don’t run khora much, but I’d be surprised if they did. Lots of the other kavat mods do not stack (I have a khora main in my clan), so I’d be surprised if they did in this case. I love fun and silly builds though. I made an Angstrum build that maximizes the amount of boom in a single max charge. So many explosions. 

2) overguard is tougher to break through than shields. I know it gives status immunity, but It also feels like it has a damage reduction on it, but I haven’t done too much research into it since I usually just delete eximus in one shot of my bow. Channeled abilities are one of the cases where arcane energize is pretty helpful- especially on a warframe with multiple like equinox does. I will say, archon shards for +energy orb amount would be helpful, if you don’t have them already. You probably already knew this but duration also reduces channeled ability costs. The only warframe I’ve ever been able to consistently keep more than one channeled ability active on is hildryn. (Unless you count gloom and exalted blade, but gloom only costs per enemy in range, so it’s a weird case). 
I get what you mean with the range dilemma though. I have 2 harrow setups- one for a squad I can count on sticking close, with an huge duration advantage (narrow minded) and one with more range for when I can’t. It’s not completely the same since the only real difference is range vs duration, but it has the same idea behind it.

and yeah, picking a secondary is hard. That’s why my usage stats for my secondaries are so spread out. I have probably 3x the secondaries that are endgame viable when compared to my primaries. 

3- that’s good, durability on operators is nice. I also run vigor and used to run husk, but traded it out to up my amp damage. I’ve maxed all intrinsics, so I know what you mean.

I seldom have issues with operator survivability, but sometimes it can be at high enough levels. It’s nice to have a low RoF high damage and a high rate of fire AoE option on the same amp in my experience. The stats of my scaffold don’t match the crit oriented setup perfectly, but it works well enough for me. And yeah if I’m trying to keep an objective alive, I rely on my electric shields. It’s part of the reason I love volt lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voltocitygel said:

2) overguard is tougher to break through than shields. I know it gives status immunity, but It also feels like it has a damage reduction on it, but I haven’t done too much research into it since I usually just delete eximus in one shot of my bow. Channeled abilities are one of the cases where arcane energize is pretty helpful- especially on a warframe with multiple like equinox does. I will say, archon shards for +energy orb amount would be helpful, if you don’t have them already. You probably already knew this but duration also reduces channeled ability costs. The only warframe I’ve ever been able to consistently keep more than one channeled ability active on is hildryn. (Unless you count gloom and exalted blade, but gloom only costs per enemy in range, so it’s a weird case).

I'll just respond to this bit, so we don't get *so* off-track, but I promise I'm reading all of it! Since Arcane Energize has so overtaken the meta (even on frames that truly don't need it) and people are trying to subsume such Energy-heavy concepts onto their frames (and relying on them so heavily), perhaps a discussion about sources of energy, "pacing" out one's abilities during a mission, or means of saving energy is a good topic for OP to consider a video on. Especially when the way you're using it matters. (i.e. channeling vs. burst) Duration matters up to a point, but there are ways to go into the negatives (so long as you have efficiency) and still have the absolute minimum energy costs for channeling. Just takes feeling out the "floor" for each ability -- the sweet spot I dip between is usually 17% to 40%. (Though most of my mods are Rank 8)

Just today, I discovered Gloom + Exalted Blade. I thought I was being so clever, too. xD Dangit. Chromatic Blade + Cold emissive + Archon Flow = YAY, energy! And with the extra lifesteal and CC off Gloom, *chef's kiss* Surviveability. It's too bad Specters can't use Gloom, if you know what I mean. (Specters and the abilities they can/can't use and good builds for them might also be a useful video!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strictlySpeaking said:

I'll just respond to this bit, so we don't get *so* off-track, but I promise I'm reading all of it!

Totally fair.

but yeah energy can be a huge issue or it can be a non issue, and it’s totally dependent on your abilities, build, and how you use them. Great topic for an in depth discussion. I feel like it’s one of those “feast or famine” things where you either forget you have limited energy or always are running out of it. 

Honestly, I still like to think it is pretty clever. I was running it on my excal before archon mods were a thing, but the addition of them means extra energy! And yeah, I totally get it. Specter AI is…. Better than it once was, but is still not in a great place. They don’t even charge their bows before shooting! Who does that? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, strictlySpeaking said:

#1 my bet is they don't stack

#2 are you armour stripping the Eximus units with caustic strike? a decent equinox 1m nuke should take them out, especially if you prime with viral for instance. 

#3 try playing with arcane lockdown, it's great for 3 reasons:
1. cc stops all outgoing/ incoming damage from enemies
2. you can land headshots to switch to incarnon really easily
3. it's very easy to activate, all you have to do is void dash and boom, 10 enemies locked down for 4 seconds. 
3.1, at high level use void mode for survival by pressing v, only making you vulnerable when you're shooting

#3.5 trinity is great for defense missions, as well as vazarin school, barring CC. 
#3.6 do you have access to little duck and zariman arcanes yet? a second adapter will do wonders for your op. damage, 
magus melt also gives you 210% additional heat damage on top of whatever base dmg you do

another energize topic, in a way, at least, energize and energy heavy builds profit most from it, but Citrine's subsume gives you 70% chance for health orbs and 30% chance for energy orbs, with a decent range and multiple enemies debuffed from 1 use of the ability, unfortunately it's quite an endgame method, as realistically you will want to keep your first version of citrine and subsume the second, and each grind takes a while, as with Kullervo! (ok, a bit shorter than him, but also no walk in the park, unless you love defense missions, have a fun squad, and decent titania set up) 

Another arcane you can use is Dissipate, which spawns little energy pickups through your operator abilities/ clicks. 

also, these are good ways to generate energy too

• Dethcube with Energy Generator augment mod
  • Zaw with Exodia Brave.
  • Primary Exhilarate.
  • Archon mods. (Stretch & Flow)
  • Archon Shards. (Yellow)
  • Bond mod that duplicates pets and has their kills drop energy orbs
Edited by helioth137
citrine subsume
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, helioth137 said:

#2 are you armour stripping the Eximus units with caustic strike? a decent equinox 1m nuke should take them out, especially if you prime with viral for instance. 

#3 try playing with arcane lockdown, it's great for 3 reasons:
1. cc stops all outgoing/ incoming damage from enemies
2. you can land headshots to switch to incarnon really easily
3. it's very easy to activate, all you have to do is void dash and boom, 10 enemies locked down for 4 seconds. 
3.1, at high level use void mode for survival by pressing v, only making you vulnerable when you're shooting

#3.5 trinity is great for defense missions, as well as vazarin school, barring CC. 
#3.6 do you have access to little duck and zariman arcanes yet? a second adapter will do wonders for your op. damage, 
magus melt also gives you 210% additional heat damage on top of whatever base dmg you do

Been trying to get a better Amp for use in regular missions, because outside of Defense (or a mission everybody is willing to actually stay in one 'spot'), I rarely remember to utilize Op stuff to prime for anything else. Otherwise I have Corrosive on one weapon, Viral on another, Heat on almost everything, at least one Slash weapon, sometimes a Radiation procc, and a Lot of damage equipped at all times on my warframe. I even made a Magnetic progenitor Kuva Nukor. I'm less likely to swap all of my gear over to one type of enemy, often because I'll chain missions of different types. (And like to do ESO.) They die, they just don't die in one hit.

Does the CC on Lockdown work on Eximus? Cuz otherwise, my very funny bandaid was actually to subsume Larva onto a negative duration EV Trinity build. It drags everything (minus Eximus) into one spot for shredding, and goes away within a second or two -- meaning I can place it down again further away from a point. It's not perfect, but has been basically serving that exact purpose by accident. Been debating putting it on Equinox as well, but it's probably not a bad idea to simply have it on my Op. Otherwise, I was a Dread main, and headshots aren't super difficult for me. I have Primary/Secondary Deadhead on anything that can justify it, it just takes a couple of kills to get the damage rolling.

I've got Vox up to...either rank 3 or rank 4, it was just enough to grab the parts to try out a 6/6/6. I don't think I have access to the actual x/x/7 just yet. They just dropped all the Vox Solaris rank requirements, so I should probably get on that...

Typo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Those are two videos i made recently :) Hope they're enjoyable & informative. 

so, to answer your question: Lockdown doesn't work on overguard eximus units, but it does work as soon as you shred the overguard. 
There are very few abilities that work, the ones i know are Breach Surge, Ice-wave impedance with augment. Breach Surge can be subsumed :)
That's quite a funny & good idea with the larva subsume, glad you found something that counters overguard the other way to do that would be Magus Anomaly, but it doesn't crowd control. 

I encourage you to keep leveling little Duck, not only is Profit Taker the best Credit farm in the game, but also the arcanes you can get daily stack up in terms of platinum and power.

Unless I'm running excalibur or a glaive build, i also often don't tend to prime, or rather i let my vulpayphyla prime with viral quills. 
Cedo is amazing for fire and forget priming with its secondary fire, and epitaph is good but currently has kind of bugged interaction with glaives, as all secondaries seem to make it harder to activate the glaive heavy attack explosion.

Getting Baruuk and definitely Hildryn is worth it for the subsume reservoir too.

Let me know if you have more video ideas, what would be good for beginners, I thought the resource one was a good first step. 
I notice and also remember that discovering warframe.market was a big deal, and that both the ingame shop and trade channel tend to rip people off / overcharge them. 

Magus lockdown DOES however work on: Acolytes, Disruption enemies, aaaaand, vomvalysts :P 

Here's a list of all the abilities that DO work on eximus units: 

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-03-09 at 12:24 PM, helioth137 said:

I encourage you to keep leveling little Duck, not only is Profit Taker the best Credit farm in the game, but also the arcanes you can get daily stack up in terms of platinum and power.

Thought I'd give you a little bump, since the thread went quiet.

Thank you for the video on Eximus info! That's huge. It's less inconsistent than it used to be, but still gets a bit confusing when stuff DOES go through Overguard.

Another suggestion; I find that the best Credit farm is definitely Railjack, with neither blessing nor booster, as if you do specifically a Veil Proxima mission (ideally a Void Storm) -- those missions can be done in 5-10 minutes tops (so long as you know what you're doing!), and you can sometimes come out with multiple hundreds of thousands of credits. You'll also be getting all the extra endo associated with spare Railjack parts (often a thousand or two in a single mission) and quite a number of mods you an freely trade or sell or mulch for further credits/endo. But then, I know not everybody likes that mode -- the same way I'll never touch Index, and don't prefer big "raid" style modes like Profit-Taker or Eidolon hunting.

I did just enough Vox stuff to get to rank 4 and the 7/7/7, and subsumed both Hildryn and Baruuk. Otherwise, while they do have some very neat arcanes, I'm leaving rank 5 on the backburner until MR 30. Just 75k mastery away!

typo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-03-20 at 1:50 AM, strictlySpeaking said:

Thought I'd give you a little bump, since the thread went quiet.

Thank you for the video on Eximus info! That's huge. It's less inconsistent than it used to be, but still gets a bit confusing when stuff DOES go through Overguard.

Another suggestion; I find that the best Credit farm is definitely Railjack, with neither blessing nor booster, as if you do specifically a Veil Proxima mission (ideally a Void Storm) -- those missions can be done in 5-10 minutes tops (so long as you know what you're doing!), and you can sometimes come out with multiple hundreds of thousands of credits. You'll also be getting all the extra endo associated with spare Railjack parts (often a thousand or two in a single mission) and quite a number of mods you an freely trade or sell or mulch for further credits/endo. But then, I know not everybody likes that mode -- the same way I'll never touch Index, and don't prefer big "raid" style modes like Profit-Taker or Eidolon hunting.

I did just enough Vox stuff to get to rank 4 and the 7/7/7, and subsumed both Hildryn and Baruuk. Otherwise, while they do have some very neat arcanes, I'm leaving rank 5 on the backburner until MR 30. Just 75k mastery away!

Hey, thanks for the bump, didn't see it as I felt a little discouraged from the thread going dead to be honest :P 

I really agree with you on Railjack and personally i enjoy the void storms a lot, one of my preffered ways of cracking relics, barring the new omnia void cascade, which is crazy, and has given us so much more freedom to play :D 

As far as build diversity goes, honestly This is the best update in a long time, ;o 

Channel has been doing kind of alright, made two new videos today and two yesterday about all the new content: 

Tomorrow I'll make videos on Baruuk and Inaros, overlooked Baruuk's new attackspeed + crit damage augment, and Inaros rework seems really good actually (: 

Here's the one on Dante, I've since played more and revised his build and will make a shorter video on him (10 to 15 mins), also his book scales really well with power strength, and [Archon Stretch] (+2 e per sec is procc'd by it if you use electricity), as well as [Archon flow] (energy orbs on cold dmg kill), but you have to choose between those two unfortunately, as you can't have both at the same time. 

Feel free to ask me more questions people :)

Will hit legendary rank 2 in a few days, hype (: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

well, inaros and baruuk are really fun with their changes, 
even better are special heavy slam weapons like the tenet exec, i took that to the new disruption mode, wow, what a beast :D 
huge Red crit heavy slams, tasty. *nom nom nom* turns out you can eat numbers.

Edited by helioth137