The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There needs to be a [[Clearing<->Farming]] toggle for matchmaking

Hexerin

It's getting beyond absurd to be stuck with people who only run one or two rounds in endless missions, wasting hours of time having to keep loading into fresh missions and work your way back up to the loot pool that you're actually going for (rotC, because everything of value is always in rotC). All while hoping that maybe, just maybe, the next people who join the squad will potentially be looking to actually farm and won't just bail after the first round and make you repeat the cycle once again.

Also, to shut down the inevitable responses: No, "just ask in recruit chat" is not valid. Recruit chat never responds to anything except relic farms, except sometimes to non-relic farms that are currently active (such as Effervo farm during the recent Gargoyle event). If you're attempting to farm something that isn't current, you'll never get a response to your requests in recruit chat, making it outright not an option.

• Like 3

Yeah, I could see a drop-down menu when you select the node, where it asks you whether you want free matchmaking at your own risks, or Rot C. If you select Rot C, the extraction becomes available at the first Rotation C markup, you get all the loots obviously (including Rotation As and B), but if you leave before, you lose everything (no rewards-saving as is currently the case in endless).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah, I could see a drop-down menu when you select the node, where it asks you whether you want free matchmaking at your own risks, or Rot C. If you select Rot C, the extraction becomes available at the first Rotation C markup, you get all the loots obviously (including Rotation As and B), but if you leave before, you lose everything (no rewards-saving as is currently the case in endless).

Neat idea.

I mean before we got our chance to extract faster than some want to do mission, so everyone won.

Ones needed to leave early and ones doing mission for longer. 

So why is that a problem is some extract early , your goal is rotation C, you should be able to handle that solo, duo , trice or full squad.

With shenanigans going on that even enemy spawn are reliant on which platfrom host is, many missions are just desert wastelands taking more time, twice us much in most cases if happen to have host from console, and your average 10 min, 10 wave missions turns int o 24 min mission. and if need to go for rotation C its basicaly closer to 35 /40 min run for 1 rot c if defense. And we already having enemy deficit on sp with meta build set ups...

In general i dont see reason for changes, you go in mission if you ned rot C stay till rotation C, want squad play to rotation C , gather friends/clan people or same old recruit chat(albeit i dont bother using it). If i need certain things i go public and if i need rotaiton C i go for it, doesnt matter if others want to stay or leave if they need.

Probably there need to be taken step further and see if there are dedicated discord groups for rot C runs, since there are arbi groups, cascade , it might be worth to check tht out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

So why is that a problem is some extract early

Because those squad slots will never be refilled, as the objective has been completed (or in the case of endless, the first round has completed). So you're left with a partial squad, and thus lower efficiency, even if there's other people entering the pool (who will just be put into their own new mission, rather than filling your squad). This is an overarching issue with the game as a whole, but I do see why it's designed this way (even though I disagree with it).

Although realistically, you'll not even have a partial squad. 99% of players who would've stuck around, will just go leave as well, because someone else is leaving. I primarily attribute this to people being afraid of losing everything to a host migration failure, but don't think to check the party list to see who's the host (and if the host is the one leaving). Or they simply don't know that you can check who the host is like that.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

Honestly, I'd be on board for this or something like it, it's super frustrating and I'd be more likely to play endless modes if I was reasonably confident everyone was staying for awhile.

On 2024-02-13 at 8:42 PM, Hexerin said:

Also, to shut down the inevitable responses: No, "just ask in recruit chat" is not valid. Recruit chat never responds to anything except relic farms

So true and I am SO tired of seeing this bs on the forums

• Like 1

While I don't fully agree with OP, I would welcome a mechanism where incomplete squads in MM could be merged during an endless mission. That would implies either compatible round/tier of rewards or separates rewards pools for the newcomers.

Of course, a more reliable host mig would be a requirement.