Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many Decrees do you gather in "The Duviri Experience" Steel Path before starting the Bounty/Optional Undercrofts?

Zahnrad

Question

Would have chosen a better tag but the tags didn't have one specific to Duviri.

I collect Decrees in Duviri Steel Path to make the main missions easier, but I have a bad habit on getting carried away collecting Decrees and by the time I notice, I've already spent a full hour just doing random activities in Duviri.

Which often leads to me being burnt out of farming Pathos Clamps.

So for my personal sanity and to hopefully make my runs more time efficient, I want to know how many Decrees (if you keep track) you collect before engaging with the overall Bounty/Mission to fight the Orowyrms, and possibly the Optional Undercrofts if you also track that.

5 answers to this question

Honestly depends on what my RNG and choices were, also what my general mood is. I actually quite enjoy Duviri, both the Drifter portions, the Warframe sections, the Orowyrm fight, etc so its also easy for me to get carried away myself. Can be as little as 10 to 12, to sometimes 50 to 60 (more on the low side now generally). In Steel Path, as soon as I start, I'll make a beeline towards the side quests that don't involve fighting, until I get a few melee beneficial Decrees. That way, when I get the more combat focused quests, they are much easier. Then I do whatever quests I come across that I enjoy, and it gets pretty easy to snowball. Then when I get bored I start doing the main quests to progress. 

Like I said before, certain Warframes can make Orowyrm fight and the bonus portals really easy, even without many Decrees. Titania, Styanax (their abilities can hit the Orowrym weakspots, and do great damage), Mesa, Lavos, Citrine etc are great for bonus portals. If I get some weaker Warframes or weapons (which rarely happens for myself), I might stick around a bit longer to get enough Decrees, so I know it won't be in vain. 

Perhaps you could keep track of how many Decrees you get, and then sort of guess if you could have completed it with less Decrees and then start putting the limit lower and telling yourself to fight the Orowrym at a certain amount. Changing when necessary. 

I also should add, I myself take huge breaks from Duviri and the game in general. I am currently in one right now. Burn out can be a big issue, but Warframe will always be around (probably), so no need to rush either. Knowing that, makes it easier for me as far as avoiding burn out. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

I don't delay the bounty stages, as they're just the normal objectives but with a marker. I do stop once I reach the first Undercroft bounty stage though, and then work on gathering a basic set of solid decrees before heading into the Undercroft. I generally get 30-40 decrees before I hit up the Orowyrm finale.

For objectives, I usually start with 3-5. For Undercroft portals - 15 or more if I don't feel comfortable with the current loadout. And of course, it depends on the quality of the decrees. Like, if you get double crit, double status, status spread and armor to strength - you can go to the portals right away.