The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Think waiting 24 Hours to do Mastery Ranking is just bad

Gryph888

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I find the waiting time is valid.

Can you IRL repeat an actual test right away after you failed one? Can you repeat it endless amount of times? Why cant you do that? Because then It wouldnt be a test. It wouldnt carry any weight at all. One of the mechanics to make something have value is to have less of it or make it less accesible or for less amount of people or add a time gate.

You can practice without the risk and the test is the same in practice as it is for real. Also the if yo uare applicable for multiple it prevents you from rushing through the ranks (for your own good).

Hi I would like to remind you, this is a video game your entire argument makes me feel like you're playing this to get some 5head life leasons from it while everyone else just wants to have fun, stop making arguments for bad systems bc it reminds you of something irl. 

8 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The mastery test time gate is definitely stupid and feels completely outdated.

At most it gets maybe 10 extra login days from the players that tolerate it enough that it doesn't prompt them to abandon the game, before they wisen up and never incur this penalty again by testing until they have an absolutely foolproof way of clearing them. A drop in the bucket compared to the years worth of content the game has to offer.

It's exclusively a player retainment mechanic, and It loses far more players than it retains. It's outdated and outright detrimental to the game and it's playerbase. It needs to go.

Side note: Swearing like that, even tho the forums auto-censors it, can get your account flagged if someone reports you for it. Yeah, I know, its horrendously stupid. The game's rated M and actually has swears in it now so it's just an outright nonsensical and hypocritical rule. But It is a rule, so be careful about that.

yea thanks for reminder ♥, tho if they ban me i have another reason to quit the game so it's a win win for me xD 

1 hour ago, NimmyRah said:

Hi I would like to remind you, this is a video game your entire argument makes me feel like you're playing this to get some 5head life leasons from it while everyone else just wants to have fun

Your idea of fun may be very different from other people idea of fun. Remember, there are hard and unforgiving games on the market (single and multi) and they are very succesful globally.

If something is easy, common and repeatable - it is not fun. It is boring. It turns into a chore.

DE already unblocked all the story quests from MR requirement. I do not understand what is the fuss about. Just play the game. I am sure there is criminally numerous amount of things you can do in the game between Mastery attempts.

In case you did not think I am talking out of my butt: have I ever failed an actual test and had to wait 24 hours? Of  course.

Have I ever got enough Mastery for multiple tests and had to wait for next one? Sure.

Did it bother me to a point I would go to forums to waste time on complaining about lack of easy mode, instead of actually playing the game, getting more stuff, doing a proper preparation and perfecting my strategy? Clearly, no. 

What I always liked about the Warframe is the very minimal hand-holding. Here is the game, here is wiki, figure it out yourself. Sadly modern gaming is all about hand-holding and players, who grew up on such games just cant handle a bit of inconvenience, let alone an actual challenge.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

On 2024-02-15 at 6:58 PM, Gryph888 said:

I could not understand a worse system in my life past WoW systems destiny's and Now this dog crap How on earth are you supposed to keep people wanting to use new weapons and Frams if they are locked behind this system as someone trying to come back to the game Going from the lvl 7 to 8 trial is by far the worse thought the one before it where the dudes were bugged and hide from me so the time would run out now if I fall off 4 times i can complete it then have to wait if you fail the trial you should atleast wait an hour or 3 not #*!%ing 24 you are just asking someone to not play i just finished the new war i have nothing else to do but lvl up weapons now i cant because of this dog S#&$ system so thank you i will not be playing this dog S#&$ system till my 24 hours are up and if it happen 3 times in a row like the last one did i will unistall the game and preach to everyone that i know its not worth the time or money to look at this game because of a system that is time gated so it forces you to play the game and do somthing else when the somthing else i need to do is lvl guns up and frames well good job. 

I'm the worst WF player in the game and I got through them just fine before players could practice.  Practice the tests and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ominumi said:

Only new players care about Mastery Rank. Because they see it as a measure of their self worth. Those who has played warframe for more than three months realize it's just a number.

OR they care about it because that means they can access more game content. Remember, weapons, Warframes, and other features are locked behind MR ranks, so newer players will focus on ranking up faster to access content. Take Rivens for example, you need to be a minimum of MR 8 and a max of MR 16 depending on your luck, so being MR 10 and getting a Riven that needs MR 11 will incentivize you to either rank up or trade it.

3 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Did it bother me to a point I would go to forums to waste time on complaining about lack of easy mode, instead of actually playing the game, getting more stuff, doing a proper preparation and perfecting my strategy? Clearly, no. 

Asking for an old system to be changed and streamlined is not asking for an "easy mode", not wanting to have your time feel like it is wasted because you failed a test and have to now wait to try again is an annoyance. If there really needs to be a cooldown, make it 30 minutes to an hour before trying again, otherwise allow players to try a test over and over until they win. As you said, "Your idea of fun may be very different from other people's idea of fun".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Digital-Dreams said:

OR they care about it because that means they can access more game content. Remember, weapons, Warframes, and other features are locked behind MR ranks, so newer players will focus on ranking up faster to access content. Take Rivens for example, you need to be a minimum of MR 8 and a max of MR 16 depending on your luck, so being MR 10 and getting a Riven that needs MR 11 will incentivize you to either rank up or trade it.

I'm going to ask, what content is a MR8 doing said player needs a riven to overcome the challenge presented? Lich/Sister? Solo tridolon? Archon Hunt speedrun? Spy Sorties? Gendel missions? Gear doesn't make the game easier, it makes the missions shorter.

3 minutes ago, ominumi said:

I'm going to ask, what content is a MR8 doing said player needs a riven to overcome the challenge presented? Lich/Sister? Solo tridolon? Archon Hunt speedrun? Spy Sorties? Gendel missions? Gear doesn't make the game easier, it makes the missions shorter.

I never said anything about that making the game easier when referring to Rivens, I was using that as an example as to why someone may want to rank up due to not being able to use something they were given.

Also, I was incorrect in my post, frames are not locked by MR they are all available at 0.

The point still stands for weapons though, if an MR 7 wants to use the Acceltra and fails the MR test, they are forced to wait a whole day to try again before being able to build it. To me, it just comes off as an unnecessary time gate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Digital-Dreams said:

I never said anything about that making the game easier when referring to Rivens, I was using that as an example as to why someone may want to rank up due to not being able to use something they were given.

Also, I was incorrect in my post, frames are not locked by MR they are all available at 0.

The point still stands for weapons though, if an MR 7 wants to use the Acceltra and fails the MR test, they are forced to wait a whole day to try again before being able to build it. To me, it just comes off as an unnecessary time gate.

Here's the thing. Warframe mobile is out at this moment. DE can judge how well this gatekeeping is going to go. The longer a person play the game, the more likey they'll spend money in the market. I'm pretty sure DE has the number on how many attempt players take for a mastery test before quitting.

Let's wait for the upcoming months for this exact complain topic to show up again.

15 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Swearing like that, even tho the forums auto-censors it, can get your account flagged if someone reports you for it. Yeah, I know, its horrendously stupid. The game's rated M and actually has swears in it now so it's just an outright nonsensical and hypocritical rule.

It isn't dumb. The forums can be accessed by anyone without logging in and adult players may look at the forums with children nearby. People don't generally expect game forums to be unsafe for children to see or NSFW.

If you're in a rush to achieve some kind of mastery, it's because you're not focused on having fun. The more you rush things the worse it will be for you, you won't have fun and you will get frustrated too. The worst thing is playing in a hurry....

• Like 1

Jesus Christ you ppl are delusional, you refuse to believe that ppl play games at their own pace and most don't appriciates getting spat on with 24hrs wait time and getting spat on with another 24hrs when you fail bc of some dumbass mistake or dc, the game locks weapons behind mastery levels, whats so hard to understand that ppl would love to put them in the damn foundry already instead of waiting like a week before they can, I'm not saying that it should be removed fully, REDUCE IT, having a new player go from 1 to 2 mr will put off at least 50-60% of the new players (just look at the achviments stats on steam only 11% got to mr8 for the love of god), and no matter what kind of fun new content will be added in the future no one will remember the game foundly when they have to wait before they can enjoy it, also don't get me started with how bad the early guns are most ppl gravitate to using melee for ages before they even pick up any guns and start investing into them, if you don't believe me look at any tier list and dont start with the "they all are useful" bs, bc they aren't, also if you all are saying how this exact same post keeps popping up maybe it should be a sign already that its a problem? I'm not gonna argue anymore you ppl make me lose hope in this game and the community even further :) glad i could waste your time bc apprently complaining on forums is a bad thing even tho they were made for that, good luck with your simping for the company that doesnt care for you.

3 hours ago, NimmyRah said:

(just look at the achviments stats on steam only 11% got to mr8 for the love of god)

Straw man. Look at achievements for most games on any platform that has them and many people don't get very far. Sometimes people try a game and just find out the overall vibe of the game isn't for them. Others buy too many games and don't have time to dedicate to them all or plan to come back to stuff but just never get there. Especially problematic on Steam when loading up on games during sales.

good luck with your simping for the company that doesnt care for you.

Of course any company that expects to make money isn't your friend, but DE pays attention to its players and is way nicer than most. They don't actively punch you in the face with nonsense like the big ones do.

But anyway, Bye Felicia?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NimmyRah said:

Jesus Christ you ppl are delusional, you refuse to believe that ppl play games at their own pace and most don't appriciates getting spat on with 24hrs wait time and getting spat on with another 24hrs when you fail bc of some dumbass mistake or dc, the game locks weapons behind mastery levels, whats so hard to understand that ppl would love to put them in the damn foundry already instead of waiting like a week before they can, I'm not saying that it should be removed fully, REDUCE IT, having a new player go from 1 to 2 mr will put off at least 50-60% of the new players (just look at the achviments stats on steam only 11% got to mr8 for the love of god), and no matter what kind of fun new content will be added in the future no one will remember the game foundly when they have to wait before they can enjoy it, also don't get me started with how bad the early guns are most ppl gravitate to using melee for ages before they even pick up any guns and start investing into them, if you don't believe me look at any tier list and dont start with the "they all are useful" bs, bc they aren't, also if you all are saying how this exact same post keeps popping up maybe it should be a sign already that its a problem? I'm not gonna argue anymore you ppl make me lose hope in this game and the community even further :) glad i could waste your time bc apprently complaining on forums is a bad thing even tho they were made for that, good luck with your simping for the company that doesnt care for you.

If you don't like the game, what are you doing here on the forum?

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

If you don't like the game, what are you doing here on the forum?

He's not the topic creator. He also doesn't hate warframe. Just want changes so there's more people sticking around to play together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ominumi said:

He's not the topic creator. He also doesn't hate warframe. Just want changes so there's more people sticking around to play together.

There is no reason to ask for changes just to please those who don't like some things about Warframe. Accept it or leave....simple!

I mean the time gating should be reduced it has been my main criticism of the game since I started, it would literally only be a benefit to the long term health of the game and player retention. I'm saying this as a warframe "vet" so there's no point in dismissing this as me not liking the game btw.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

There is no reason to ask for changes just to please those who don't like some things about Warframe. Accept it or leave....simple!

I'm honestly speachless, I don't think most of you know what Forums were made for, do you all come here to hangout? you know this is the "Feedback" section right? what part of that do you not understand, no let me ask you a question, what will you do if your friend or a random new player tells you that they don't like something about the game, will you just tell them to leave bc they aren't worthy of being heard out?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

Actually the most delusional thing to say in the feedback section on forums. People are allowed to come and request changes to mechanics they do not like about the game, and then there is discussion, then possible review and implementation by the team. Saying there is no reason to ask for changes "to please those who don't like something about Warframe" is just wrong because that is how things are either changed or removed.

Hypothetical with that logic: Imagine looking at all the people who request like... Chroma changes and saying that they should be ignored because they don't like something about the game and should leave.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Digital-Dreams said:

Actually the most delusional thing to say in the feedback section on forums. People are allowed to come and request changes to mechanics they do not like about the game, and then there is discussion, then possible review and implementation by the team. Saying there is no reason to ask for changes "to please those who don't like something about Warframe" is just wrong because that is how things are either changed or removed.

Hypothetical with that logic: Imagine looking at all the people who request like... Chroma changes and saying that they should be ignored because they don't like something about the game and should leave.

Agreed, people mentioning issues, asking for changes and so on is how games keeps evolving it’s not a new concept, you always get one or two ignorant types lol.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 3

I'm honestly speachless, I don't think most of you know what Forums were made for, do you all come here to hangout? you know this is the "Feedback" section right? what part of that do you not understand, no let me ask you a question, what will you do if your friend or a random new player tells you that they don't like something about the game, will you just tell them to leave bc they aren't worthy of being heard out?

/facepalm I'm with you there mate. This guy is like saying, "You get feed sh!t enjoy it. Otherwise you starve." I prefer to discussion idea so that maybe someone will come up with better ways to do things. It's more of brainstorming than it is to act upon it.

• Like 3

On 2/21/2024 at 6:26 PM, Vaml77 said:

That’s what a forum is for, people give feedback, their experiences so the game can evolve this isn’t a hard concept to grasp, forums are a public space for anyone to comment simple:)

It's a non issue past the first ten days though. Assuming you're not failing your tests. You fail the test you take the L. You grind too many weapons you go touch some grass. Or, get this, do something else that doesn't involve mastery locked stuff. Which this game is filled to the brim with.

It's in English in translation, so it might be hard to read.

Hi, I'm new here, just started 3 days ago, but I have to say this."The cooldown time for the mastery exam is nothing but a blight. I'm near the end of the Deimos storyline and I'm still only able to use weapons up to rank 2, and even though I practiced perfectly every morning before taking the test, this morning I got the cool time even though I didn't take the test in the first place due to a bug! How can this be allowed to happen? I don't want to be harassed and forced to tie up newbies, I think a day too long cool time is like scum on a well-polished toilet bowl.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2024-02-16 at 1:56 AM, 0bsi said:

1). You can (and should) practice mastery tests before taking them!!  Either via the button on the bottom right of the mastery rank up screen, or visit Simaris at any relay (There's a corridoor on the right just at the entrance to his room, that has all the MR tests you can practice), and only take the actual test when you can consistently pass the practice.

2). Even if you fail a MR test, any XP you earn until you complete the test is still kept, so it's not wasting any XP, all it's doing is making you wait longer to rank up. 

3). If you're MR8, then I can guarantee you have nowhere near enough resources and a HUGE amount of stuff left to do.   So quitting until you can pass the test is just prolonging the time it takes you to be able to rank up further.

While you wait those 24 hours, run more missions, rather than ragequit because you failed - grind the resources you are going to need to craft more stuff, grind for the frames and weapon parts you'll need (because there's going to be waittimes on crafting those things too).  Work on upping your standing in the open world syndicates, do invasions for the resources and weapon parts they give.  AND PRACTICE THE TEST for the next time.

If you play Warframe in such a shortsighted way that you have "nothing" to do between MR tests, then you're always going to struggle.  Novel idea, but maybe PLAY THE GAME while you wait...

Welcome to Warframe....  A lot of the game is timegated, I'm surprised you made it so far without realising that.

It's time management.  While you're waiting on something (no matter what that is), there's always something else you could be doing, and usually that's preparing for something else you need in the future (resources, weapon/frame parts etc.)

Edited by JamesWhisky
changed my mind