Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to Mod Merulina, DE.

Prof-Dante

I don't care how much Forma it will take, or how hard it will be to level her, I just want to use all the quirky K-drive mods that I don't use because normal K-drives suck.

for the love of God, even Magus Drive doesn't work on her...just gives us any sort of creative control over this thing.

• Like 1

Now...

If you'd phrased this as:

'I want to redo K-drive modding so that all the mods are better, are worth grinding for and modding on to K-drives, and then I want to improve K-drive itself so that everyone actually benefits from being on one rather than it being a niche requirement for certain events, and after that I want to make all these changes apply to Yareli and Merulina so that we buff the frame with this new system.'

That would probably have gotten a response more like 'Oh, sure, what buffs did you have in mind?'

Because that shows a bit more ambition and scope to the problem solving, with awareness of the problems that the base of this actually has (K-drive).

Since you didn't phrase it that way, and have just opted for 'I want to mod Merulina with K-drive mods' you get this response:

Why?

There's literally only two functions that K-drive modding actually does that Yareli would want, because K-drive modding is basically like coating your knuckles with peanut butter and hoping to find somebody with a nut allergy to punch. Too random, too low impact and too niche.

Why not, instead, ask to buff Merulina? Make Magus Drive apply. Give her the energy regen from pulling tricks and the other functions without the need for mods and say that the Vent Kids were recreating Merulina's abilities with their own K-drives and mods all along. There's no reason that a K-drive Slam on Merulina wouldn't deal a ring of element-themed damage, or that you could leave behind a trail of low damage, that's not overpowered because it's barely powered on K-drives.

This way DE can just code in these existing functions, maybe even balance them so that they're better or more controllable since it's an Ability, rather than having to test and balance the ability for every single individual mod in turn.

This way you don't equip the jump height mod and, because that's how the jump height mod works, accidentally spend four seconds glued to the ceiling of a room every time you jump or double-jump.

There are plenty of mod effects from K-drives that you straight up don't want, or are flat-out useless at any Star Chart level beyond Mars.

So... why would you not just buff Merulina with these things, which is the faster, easier, and more balanced route?

Why would you want to put in this modding and have people wonder why it's even there? Wonder why putting on some mods makes using Merulina functionally worse in tile sets. Wonder why these mods have no effect on the enemies they're facing at level 30...

It just... seems completely pointless to want this... you know, 'as is'... without fixing things first.

I'd rather have a mod that turns Merulina into a baby form that rides Yareli so that I don't have to keep dropping my barrier and wasting energy every time I have to go through a low doorway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Why not, instead, ask to buff Merulina? Make Magus Drive apply. Give her the energy regen from pulling tricks and the other functions without the need for mods and say that the Vent Kids were recreating Merulina's abilities with their own K-drives and mods all along. There's no reason that a K-drive Slam on Merulina wouldn't deal a ring of element-themed damage, or that you could leave behind a trail of low damage, that's not overpowered because it's barely powered on K-drives.

I wanted to give these mods more value, I guess...straight up buffing Merulina is cool, but the joy of creativity from making different kind of builds is very appealing.

and before anyone says it, no I do not care about her speed at all, I just want the cool mods that are there and can't use.

22 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Now...

If you'd phrased this as:

'I want to redo K-drive modding so that all the mods are better, are worth grinding for and modding on to K-drives, and then I want to improve K-drive itself so that everyone actually benefits from being on one rather than it being a niche requirement for certain events, and after that I want to make all these changes apply to Yareli and Merulina so that we buff the frame with this new system.'

That would probably have gotten a response more like 'Oh, sure, what buffs did you have in mind?'

Because that shows a bit more ambition and scope to the problem solving, with awareness of the problems that the base of this actually has (K-drive).

Since you didn't phrase it that way, and have just opted for 'I want to mod Merulina with K-drive mods' you get this response:

Why?

There's literally only two functions that K-drive modding actually does that Yareli would want, because K-drive modding is basically like coating your knuckles with peanut butter and hoping to find somebody with a nut allergy to punch. Too random, too low impact and too niche.

This way DE can just code in these existing functions, maybe even balance them so that they're better or more controllable since it's an Ability, rather than having to test and balance the ability for every single individual mod in turn.

This way you don't equip the jump height mod and, because that's how the jump height mod works, accidentally spend four seconds glued to the ceiling of a room every time you jump or double-jump.

There are plenty of mod effects from K-drives that you straight up don't want, or are flat-out useless at any Star Chart level beyond Mars.

So... why would you not just buff Merulina with these things, which is the faster, easier, and more balanced route?

Why would you want to put in this modding and have people wonder why it's even there? Wonder why putting on some mods makes using Merulina functionally worse in tile sets. Wonder why these mods have no effect on the enemies they're facing at level 30...

It just... seems completely pointless to want this... you know, 'as is'... without fixing things first.

Do you speak on behalf of DE? Saying how to word things will get certain responses and so on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Do you speak on behalf of DE? Saying how to word things will get certain responses and so on.

Why is this even a response?

Did I say anything about DE?

Do you just have a crippling addiction to wild accusations?

Why are you even attempting this when I'm giving my responses? My response would have been 'a', but because it was phrased wrong OP got my response 'b'.

Go sit on your hands until you can't feel them, then you can pretend somebody else is hitting you in the face when you next need to slap yourself.

19 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

I wanted to give these mods more value, I guess...straight up buffing Merulina is cool, but the joy of creativity from making different kind of builds is very appealing.

Except the mods just... aren't valuable even if they were on Merulina?

I can go list them, if you want. There's no creativity in the builds for K-drives because the options provided are so low impact that they're less a 'build' than picking the least bad options out of the pile.

There's nothing. K-drives do nothing. Even the base creativity of putting hover-boards with tricks into the game is overshadowed by the massive question of 'But why do they even exist?'

7 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Why is this even a response?

Did I say anything about DE?

Do you just have a crippling addiction to wild accusations?

Why are you even attempting this when I'm giving my responses? My response would have been 'a', but because it was phrased wrong OP got my response 'b'.

Go sit on your hands until you can't feel them, then you can pretend somebody else is hitting you in the face when you next need to slap yourself.

23 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

This here can be taken as you implying DE, damn that response haha, i’ll sit on my hands and slap your momma big dawg:)

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

This here can be taken as you implying DE, damn that response haha, i’ll sit on my hands and slap your momma big dawg:)

It's 'implying' (more like directly stating) MY response, you damp biscuit with a third year reading level.

2 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's 'implying' (more like directly stating) MY response, you damp biscuit with a third year reading level.

Not what you said though lol, damp biscuit, get a grip you lizard it’s not that big of a deal:)

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You spelled it right, I was questioning the usage. Because nothing was implied, everything was stated. Which is why I said you had a third year reading level.

Argh ye you got me there, i re read and changed the response easy peasy.

The main point is no where did you say (MY) response you said you response as if you knew how something is said determines DE responding or not.

4 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Except it's quoted. So everyone can see it like a screenshot. Take the L, big boy, your mom's got your juice for you.

I literally just admitted you got me, are you slow your moms gunna catch these hands amigo.

Just now, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I mean you brought moms into this big man, strange for a harmless forum exchange.

Hah, oh kid, you brought them in.

Remember?

11 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

i’ll sit on my hands and slap your momma big dawg:)

Think that reading level of yours just dropped a year.

27 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

This here can be stepping into your mom joke territory where i’m from, i threw it out there first the power of implication, anyway gg on the exchange guy hope to do it again in the future:)

4 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

This here can be stepping into your mom joke territory where i’m from, i threw it out there first the power of implication, anyway gg on the exchange guy hope to do it again in the future:)

When I saw the notification I thought 'Damn, this guy is actually trying to "One more thing" this?' but fair enough.

Have a good one, mate.

2 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

When I saw the notification I thought 'Damn, this guy is actually trying to "One more thing" this?' but fair enough.

Have a good one, mate.

Nar not at all bro, we threw out a lil bit of guff had a good exchange I understood what your original post was trying to say after re reading a couple of times etc, messages can easily get misunderstood, no point on letting bs linger all the best matey:)