Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe based on Aim gliding/sliding and both at the same time.

Prof-Dante

So I've been playing around with a lot of Aim gliding mods and figured that this type of momentum driven Combat is exactly the thing I want at the moment...sure we have a lot of speed Warframes but they're not peculiar enough.

this Warframe which I will just call Skid or Skids, is a Yareli-like frame with emphasis on aerial tricks, and mobility.

Passive: Skids' shots gain an increased projectile speed based on how fast he's moving while aim gliding and sliding, and weapon damage increases with projectile speed.

Second Passive: Create an 8m vacuum after an aim gliding slide that spawns at his initial position.

First ability > TETHER

• Skids fires a tether that connects him to a surface reducing his gravity and increasing his slide speed while aim gliding by 100% affected by strength and distance away from the surface connected to it.
  • tether cord maximum length is affected by power range.
  • reaching the maximum length of the tether will snap it in 1.5 seconds and slingshot Skids to the opposite direction at a speed proportional to his sliding speed while aim gliding.

Season 3 Kite GIF by Nanalan'

Second ability> Windshield: Skids gains a stacking layer of damage reduction that increases it's potency with how fast he's moving in the air.

sound looks GIF

Third ability> Slingshot: 

• Skids fires an explosive ball from his signature Slingshot that on detonation will fire additional smaller explosive balls that will also detonate (similar to kuva Bramma)
  • Charge this ability for increased damage and radial attack range at double the cost.
  • The shot is affected by Skids' Passive

Aim Slingshot GIF by 10e Ave Productions

Fourth ability> Aero Blitz: Skids supercharges his weapons with his power stats. this works similarly to how Lavos power duration affects status duration of his weapons.

• Fire rate and reload speed are affected by power duration.
  • Ammo efficiency and heavy attack efficiency affected by power efficiency.
  • Projectile Size and melee range affected by power range.
  • Critical chance and critical damage affected by power strength.

These buffs are all additive to other mods like Point strike for critical chance, and reach for melee range.

However there is a catch, The buffs decay overtime and the stronger they are, the faster they decay, Skids can replenish these buffs by sliding in the air.

It's also important to not mod for a negative stat with this ability active or you'll lower your base stats. (eg, negative strength will give you minus critical chance and damage)

Edited by Qorvex99

This is great! I also really like Warframe for how uniquely you can engage with combat through various movements schemes and a slingshot is awesome. Felt cohesive as a kit IMO too but I’m not a pro or anything. I would say add a damage element to 1, like how mooring lines have a dead zone in case of line snappage. Could be something like

“Reaching max tether length launches Skids to the other side of his max tether length, snapping the line dealing Slash to enemies in a semicircle within his tether radius. Skids causes a large Impact when he collides with anything after using this move. Size and strength affected by velocity and ability strength. ”.

https://youtu.be/AHMdYf7XL14?si=-auGNnEwWSTzxflY <—- Line snap back.

Can’t wait to see your concept art Tenno!

Edited by (XBOX)TENr0nin

3 hours ago, Qorvex99 said:

It's also important to not mod for a negative stat with this ability active or you'll lower your base stats. (eg, negative strength will give you minus critical chance and damage)

You won't tell me how to play!

Second ability> Windshield: Skids gains a stacking layer of damage reduction that increases it's potency with how fast he's moving in the air.

With some seconds after landing (like Wisp's passive) it would be ok. But what are numbers? Having to move constantly where other frames just get that buffs are not good.

In general nice concept. However for aim-glide/slide it doesn't have too much of that stuff. Zephyr has negative gravity.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

You won't tell me how to play!

With some seconds after landing (like Wisp's passive) it would be ok. But what are numbers? Having to move constantly where other frames just get that buffs are not good.

In general nice concept. However for aim-glide/slide it doesn't have too much of that stuff. Zephyr has negative gravity.

Lol, the way I imagine it, the last ability may do funny negative numbers, but like I said they're basically all additive, it's like a riven mod inside a Warframe, even his passive bonus damage on flight speed is additive like serration...I want him to be strong enough while doing his gimmick but not to the point where it's stupid.

Windshield it's kind of like Eclipse in the way it gives you the damage reduction, just like how Eclipse' buff percentage changes with lighting levels, WIndshield's damage reduction changes with velocity and it's capped at 90% of course, and I agree, getting like a few seconds after landing is mandatory to be viable, but the point here is to fight and shoot while aim gliding.

Lol, the way I imagine it, the last ability may do funny negative numbers, but like I said they're basically all additive, it's like a riven mod inside a Warframe, even his passive bonus damage on flight speed is additive like serration...I want him to be strong enough while doing his gimmick but not to the point where it's stupid.

That may sounds stupid but being able to do more things, not only add but reduce may give you interesting builds. I'm in favor of letting us build what we want, even it's not so great (aka no artificial locks).

Windshield it's kind of like Eclipse in the way it gives you the damage reduction, just like how Eclipse' buff percentage changes with lighting levels, WIndshield's damage reduction changes with velocity and it's capped at 90% of course, and I agree, getting like a few seconds after landing is mandatory to be viable, but the point here is to fight and shoot while aim gliding.

Then Imho it would be too hard compared to other methods. Like you get ~90% buff and slow down to 20% after because that's how you move.

IMHO it should be like Citrine's Prismatic gems.

You get some base reduction like 30%. You aimglide with max speed and get that 90%.

Aimglide give you N% damage reduction based on speed. So let's say you can aimglide with speed from 1m/s to 31m/s. So every 1m/s give you +2%.

Every e.g. second you loose 5%.

By balancing those numbers you can have drain big enough so you have to aimglide. Yet small enough so you don't loose all % in one go.

You can go with dynamic drain. For example at 90% it drains 10% per second. At 60% it drains only 5%.