Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good early game amp to build?

NeverToReturn

Question

Hello, and thank you for coming by to help me.

Currently me and a friend are playing together, and one of our objectives is to build our first amp in preparation for Eidolon hunting and other content that may require it.

However we've hit a crossroad of indecision, and wishing to avoid wasting time on something we are unsure will be at least decently performing early game, I've come here to ask what's a good early-game amp configuration to build. Our only limitation is that the parts must come from Onkko, up to tier 2, as Little Duck only sells parts at Tier 3 which makes me feel she's more of a resource dump than a syndicate until you reach tier 3.

So yeah, up to Tier 2 parts, which should be the ones we could build to get a decent enough amp to work as a start?
If you wanna recommend something of tier 3 to work on later, it would be very welcome too.

12 answers to this question

With Venus Syndicates grind reductions, that were introduced with the latest update, I'd say go for fortuna amps directly. Can't go wrong with 7-7-7 amp.

Vox Solaris reputation can be farmed with Lazulite toroid, that drops from exploiter orb. You can start the figth directly from Deck 12, which allows you to bypass any requiremets, other than at least one person in your squad has to place Diluted thermia to start the fight.

If you consider using ONLY Cetus amps for the time being, 1-2-3 or 2-2-3 are your best bet.

Edited by FulfillMyWill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FulfillMyWill said:

With Venus Syndicates grind reductions, that were introduced with the latest update, I'd say go for fortuna amps directly. Can't go wrong with 7-7-7 amp.

Vox Solaris reputation can be farmed with Lazulite toroid, that drops from exploiter orb. You can start the figth directly from Deck 12, which allows you to bypass any requiremets, other than at least one person in your squad has to place Diluted thermia to start the fight.

If you consider using ONLY Cetus amps for the time being, 1-2-3 or 2-2-3 are your best bet.

Oh yeah I forgot they gave us the items required to tier up! The anti-grind updates came in handy. In fact, while I write this, me and my friend are already on our way to Rank 2 with Vox Solaris, it feels great. Thanks for pointing out.

Sadly we can't fight the Exploiter Orb yet, as we do have the necramechs but we can't summon the archguns. I know the mechs USE archguns, but I don't know if they count for it. Will have to look into it. But thanks for the tip and for pointing it out! We'll work on it :D

1 hour ago, NeverToReturn said:

Oh yeah I forgot they gave us the items required to tier up! The anti-grind updates came in handy. In fact, while I write this, me and my friend are already on our way to Rank 2 with Vox Solaris, it feels great. Thanks for pointing out.

Sadly we can't fight the Exploiter Orb yet, as we do have the necramechs but we can't summon the archguns. I know the mechs USE archguns, but I don't know if they count for it. Will have to look into it. But thanks for the tip and for pointing it out! We'll work on it :D

You're thinking of Profit-Taker Orb (and you have to use the archgun deployer version of archguns to damage its legs, Voidrig won't work). Exploiter Orb is a much tougher fight, that isn't part of the Solaris syndicates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You're thinking of Profit-Taker Orb (and you have to use the archgun deployer version of archguns to damage its legs, Voidrig won't work). Exploiter Orb is a much tougher fight, that isn't part of the Solaris syndicates.

Ah okay, so necramechs vs giant spider shields are just absolute nope. Got it. And yeah was looking at the wiki, she can only be summoned during thermia fracture events. I'll see about that, tho me and a friend have been farming toroids with quite good consistency. Only thing limiting us is the daily standing cap, and even then we are already halfway to rank 2 Vox. Will be able to get their first amp parts quick, but I must ask if they are worth it in your opinion.

2 hours ago, helioth137 said:

123 will stand you in really good stead, if you only ever built one, it could be that one (:

(150 Eidolon hydrolyst caps & void cascade endgame player here)

123, got it! Will require some eidolon hunts for the shards, but for that I believe some players could help me. If not that maybe a 122 or 222 could help?

1 minute ago, NeverToReturn said:

Ah okay, so necramechs vs giant spider shields are just absolute nope. Got it. And yeah was looking at the wiki, she can only be summoned during thermia fracture events. I'll see about that, tho me and a friend have been farming toroids with quite good consistency. Only thing limiting us is the daily standing cap, and even then we are already halfway to rank 2 Vox. Will be able to get their first amp parts quick, but I must ask if they are worth it in your opinion.

Nah, you can use Voidrig against the shields. Although due to the damage, you'll cause the damage vulnerability to shift extremely quickly (which can get annoying if you're solo). It's specifically the legs that require the archgun deployer. It's a really bizarre thing.

If you don't mind riding on other's backs, you can always ask for an Exploiter taxi. So long as someone in the squad has the thermia, everyone can do the fight and get the rewards. Many people have no problems providing taxi (I myself occasionally taxi people), and it's a fairly common request (due to the limited availability of the Thermia Fractures event) so nothing to stress on.

Fortuna is 100% necessary if you want to get a meta amp. The meta amps are 177 and 777, for reference. Personally, however, I use 147 for general play. I also have a 747 for specific use cases (such as Eidolon hunting), for convenience. Ultimately though, there's plenty of good build combos for amps that work perfectly fine even through Steel Path.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Nah, you can use Voidrig against the shields. Although due to the damage, you'll cause the damage vulnerability to shift extremely quickly (which can get annoying if you're solo). It's specifically the legs that require the archgun deployer. It's a really bizarre thing.

If you don't mind riding on other's backs, you can always ask for an Exploiter taxi. So long as someone in the squad has the thermia, everyone can do the fight and get the rewards. Many people have no problems providing taxi (I myself occasionally taxi people), and it's a fairly common request (due to the limited availability of the Thermia Fractures event) so nothing to stress on.

Fortuna is 100% necessary if you want to get a meta amp. The meta amps are 177 and 777, for reference. Personally, however, I use 147 for general play. I also have a 747 for specific use cases (such as Eidolon hunting), for convenience. Ultimately though, there's plenty of good build combos for amps that work perfectly fine even through Steel Path.

This is REALLY helpful. We were dreading the thought that not even a necramech would be able to fight that thing, but I'm glad its just a mistake on my part. Doing the missions to unlock the launcher won't be much of a problem given our setup, but I'm glad to know people are willing to taxi players into exploiter/orb boss battles.

And while I'm not all in craze about getting a META amp, I just wish to not waste time and resources on something that in the end wouldn't be good. I played this game before, 11 years old account, made SEVERAL mistakes with underwhelming amps and stuff. Don't what to do it again. 177 or 777 are a bit out of scope at the moment, but if I can get something like a 166, it'd make me and my friend happy for sure. Thx

Edited by NeverToReturn
Miswrote a word

1 hour ago, NeverToReturn said:

This is REALLY helpful. We were dreading the thought that not even a necramech would be able to fight that thing, but I'm glad its just a mistake on my part. Doing the missions to unlock the launcher won't be much of a problem given our setup, but I'm glad to know people are willing to taxi players into exploiter/orb boss battles.

And while I'm not all in craze about getting a META amp, I just wish to not waste time and resources on something that in the end wouldn't be good. I played this game before, 11 years old account, made SEVERAL mistakes with underwhelming amps and stuff. Don't what to do it again. 177 or 777 are a bit out of scope at the moment, but if I can get something like a 155, it'd make me and my friend happy for sure. Thx

As long as you avoid x3x (Klebrik scaffold), you can't really go wrong with amp builds (mostly a matter of personal preference as to how you want your amp to behave). DE hit that one with an overzealous nerf that effectively deleted it from the game, and have never done anything to bring it back to usability.

I'd recommend going through the wiki pages for the various parts, to get a better idea of how things are with them all. The main amp article (link) has a convenient table of all the modular components, with summaries to how they work (and links to their individual pages where you can read more in-depth).

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

As long as you avoid x3x (Klebrik scaffold), you can't really go wrong with amp builds (mostly a matter of personal preference as to how you want your amp to behave). DE hit that one with an overzealous nerf that effectively deleted it from the game, and have never done anything to bring it back to usability.

I'd recommend going through the wiki pages for the various parts, to get a better idea of how things are with them all. The main amp article (link) has a convenient table of all the modular components, with summaries to how they work (and links to their individual pages where you can read more in-depth).

Sorry I mistyped, meant to write 166, rather than 155 XD But yeah, I see I can hit a 166 pretty easy here, just need some more standing and toroids. THankfully the gyromag things you need for ranking up can be bought directly with little duck so its basically toroid farming from now on. Phew, so glad for the anti-grind update.

But okay, about X-3-X setup, anything else goes. First prism seems to be the best according to people. From what I saw, focus on crit damage and crit chance for amps, and then get blasting. Nice

Edited by NeverToReturn
Adding information

2 hours ago, NeverToReturn said:

And while I'm not all in craze about getting a META amp, I just wish to not waste time and resources on something that in the end wouldn't be good.

If you don't wish to waste time and resources, just save up for Certus Brace (X-X-7). Increased crit chance is massively beneficial for fighting Eidolons.

1-7-7 and 7-7-7 will be good against Eidolons.

7-4-7 in the end will serve you the best as "general use" amp (x-4-x is a great weapon for clearing mobs and self-reviving with Last Gasp). 

54 minutes ago, NeverToReturn said:

Sorry I mistyped, meant to write 166, rather than 155 XD But yeah, I see I can hit a 166 pretty easy here, just need some more standing and toroids.

For Eidolon hunts 1-X-3 will be better than 1-X-6.

Edited by FulfillMyWill
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

For Eidolon hunts 1-X-3 will be better than 1-X-6.

Understood! Will focus on getting a 1-X-3. Currently thinking of a 1-5-3. Will work on it. Thank you very much :)

5 hours ago, NeverToReturn said:

Understood! Will focus on getting a 1-X-3. Currently thinking of a 1-5-3. Will work on it. Thank you very much :)

just as important as the actual amp are the Arcanes you put in and on your operator, these ones will stand you in good stead:
Eternal Onslaught
Eternal Eradicate (both from Zariman, get there quickly to
turn in daily standing, rank up and get great rewards and the best beginner steel path weapons ingame; laetum, phenmor, innodem e.t.c)
Cavallero also sells you an Amp Adapter for 20,000 standing, which you need to put that second Arcane into your amp. 

Magus Elevate (Quill Onko)
Magus Lockdown (Little Duck)
Magus Melt ^

Even lower ranks of elevate and lockdown are useful.

Also, you are going to want to get the damage amplification from Volt's shields;
when you shoot your amp through it, critical damage is doubled, and you get a 50% electricity damage bonus. 

The tough thing with volt is surviving, so if you take Vazarin with protective sling (complete damage immunity), and / or rolling guard,
hotkey energy pizza, that fixes that. Most people, especially for eidolon hunts though, do run Madurai with void strike, and for general gameplay, before
you get Archon Stretch, Zenurik. 

A great build with Volt for Eidolon hunting is to subsume Eclipse over his 4th, and also use Shock-Trooper, with good duration and Power Strength, this makes all 4 of his abilities useful for the fight, as moonlight triggers eclipse damage buff. Other damage buffs may also be good, but Mirage and Rhino are particularly fast and easy to subsume. 

If you do want to play another frame, Trinity with eclipse works well too, for lure safety, as well as Wisp and Oberon. 

As for wasting time: With the first component of the Amp (the prism), you get mastery points, so eventually you will want to craft all of them anyway (:
make sure you gild them and for instance, take them to elite sanctuary onslaught (switch to op mode) and have a friend nuke as saryn or volt, 
or go to elara jupiter on steel path :) 

Edited by helioth137
  • Like 1