Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Changes

Hello all, Rhino as he is is solid and very universal to be used across all aspect. But there are a few usability issues that i think he needs help with and what are some changes i would like to see

Passive: 

Rhino gets a mini Arcane Eruption effect when picking up energy. So, picking up energy will knock down enemies around him in a small AOE.

First Ability: 

Unchanged

Second Ability:

Make it to where the augment to recast iron skin is embedded into the ability. This will make Rhino more usable and more friendly

Third Ability:
Roar is obviously a great damage buff, but there is one issue, it isnt recastable much like Mirage's Eclipse, Chroma's Vex Armor or Xaku's Xata Whisper.

So the augment that makes Roar recastable should also be embedded into the ability

Idea for a new augment: 

Screeching Roar: After casting roar, Rhino stuns nearby enemies around him. Killing enemies will have a chance that the surrounding enemies will be stunned

Fourth Ability:

Unchanged

I think these changes will make Rhino more universal and also give in to play with Rhino being a "new player friendly" Warframe.

Let me know what you think!

• Like 1

Piercing Roar is waaay too good to be part of the base ability.

It should be naturally recastable, yes, but the other effect should be kept as an augment.

5 puncture procs give +25% flat crit on direct weapon hits, sets enemies up for CO mods and reduces enemy damage dealt by a whooping 80%, which is really good taking into consideration that it essentially bypasses Iron Skin inability to benefit from damage reduction (when added as a buff). It also kinda stuns enemies already, as it applies a knock down.

Roar is uniquely stronger on rhino than in the Helminth, increases damage multiplicatively, affects most sources of ability damage, and double dips on procs. It honestly is strong enough already.

1 minute ago, Venefik said:

Piercing Roar is waaay too good to be part of the base ability.

It should be naturally recastable, yes, but the other effect should be kept as an augment.

5 puncture procs give +25% flat crit on direct weapon hits, sets enemies up for CO mods and reduces enemy damage dealt by a whooping 80%, which is really good taking into consideration that it essentially bypasses Iron Skin inability to benefit from damage reduction (when added as a buff). It also kinda stuns enemies already, as it applies a knock down.

Roar is uniquely stronger on rhino than in the Helminth, increases damage multiplicatively, affects most sources of ability damage, and double dips on procs. It honestly is strong enough already.

Which is why i only mentioned the recastable portion of the augment, not the whole thing itself

5 hours ago, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 said:

Which is why i only mentioned the recastable portion of the augment, not the whole thing itself

5 hours ago, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 said:

So the augment that makes Roar recastable should also be embedded into the ability

Idea for a new augment: 

Screeching Roar: After casting roar, Rhino stuns nearby enemies around him. Killing enemies will have a chance that the surrounding enemies will be stunned

Ah yes, which is why you suggested a new augment, presumably to replace the one you said should be added into the base ability.

Anyways, I agree with what you didn't really say. Roar should indeed be recastable, as should Iron skin, War Cry and many other abilities. No ability should need an augment just in order to recast.

They should add the QoL into Roar's basic functionality and make the augment stronger. In order to compensate for it (because it is really good) they could lower the duration a little bit. It's one of the strongest abilities in the game so this seems like a fair tradeoff.

He could use a new passive since it promotes bad gameplay.
Re-cast Iron Skin when needed.
Don't think re-cast Roar is needed. If people want my +205% Roar. Stay by me.

• Piercing Roar is okay though I wish it had it's own duration for Puncture procs. 6 seconds isn't much.
  • Iron Shrapnel's damage just isn't great. I can get 250k Iron Skin on average and that's still not much damage. Again Puncture duration
  • Reinforcing Stomp don't know anyone who used this. Probably because it's not affect by Power Strength and thus scales in reverse.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:
  • Piercing Roar is okay though I wish it had it's own duration for Puncture procs. 6 seconds isn't much.

It does. Ability duration multiplies the proc durations, making them last longer.
 It's not very efficient by default, 75 energy to debuff enemies that will die faster because Roar buff + crit boost means you'll be recasting a lot, so the augment passive should perhaps be +40% efficiency for Roar instead of range, but it is still very good. Works really well on Trinity for her to offer the very needed ofensive support she lacks, while at the same time further improving her ability to protect allies and objectives like these excavators which sometimes seem like they're made of paper.

On 2024-03-07 at 8:07 AM, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 said:

Passive: 

Rhino gets a mini Arcane Eruption effect when picking up energy. So, picking up energy will knock down enemies around him in a small AOE.

Better than his current passive, that's for sure. How do you envision this stacking with the actual [Arcane Eruption] though?

I would personally suggest something more in-line with his kit, as this doesn't really benefit him much. Maybe just altering his current Heavy Landing to be a grouping tool (which synergises with his Rhino Charge). Could even alter it into Heavy Slams, so that it's not free, and add a condition on top of that if needed (triggering only when used with Assault Saw, Fist, Hammer, Heavy Blade, Heavy Scythe, Sparring, and Two-Handed Nikana weapon types Maybe?).

Second Ability:

Make it to where the augment to recast iron skin is embedded into the ability. This will make Rhino more usable and more friendly

Iron Skin doesn't need to be recastable. Like, it really doesnt. When I use the augment, its mostly for the Puncture and Knockdown honestly. Or I've been stupid and it's fallen to like 1% and there are no enemies nearby, nor is there a reset boundary. Its usually safe enough to recast it when it fades, especially with Shield Gating, but the augment isn't a mandatory mod, but a QoL one in regards to the recastability.

Third Ability:
Roar is obviously a great damage buff, but there is one issue, it isnt recastable much like Mirage's Eclipse, Chroma's Vex Armor or Xaku's Xata Whisper.

Idea for a new augment: 

Much like Iron Skinthis doesn't need to be recastable. In fact, this needs it less than Iron Skin. Also, Vex Armor is recastable, and kind of needs to be due to how it functions (otherwise you'd have to keep healing and losing half your health to maintain your damage buff, even though Chroma doesn't have innate healing in his kit)

This ability has a long enough duration that making it recastable is kind of pointless, especially since it needs no set up for its maximum strength, unless you use things like [Energy Conversion] and [Vome Invocation], and you're trying to use a theoretically infinite snapshot.

The current augment is therefore really good (and also used mainly for the Puncture status which pairs well with the added Range it provides), as it increases your Critical Chance against the affected targets, thus further increasing your DPS, while simultaneously increasing your EHP by way of lowering their damage output. Your proposed augment is basically a worse version of [Calm & Frenzy]'s Night Form effect, but worse. Especially since his ultimate is a better version of crowd control anyway.

10 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Reinforcing Stomp don't know anyone who used this. Probably because it's not affect by Power Strength and thus scales in reverse.

I do, because it doesn't need to be. It restores 4% of your maximum Iron Skin value per enemy. Would it be nice if it scaled with Ability Strength? Sure. Does it need to scale? Nope. Not when you remember what the base ability actually does. Complete CC on non-Overguard enemies, and a 97.5% Slow on all enemies (including Overguard enemies), in a 25 meter radius.

Now, maximising the effectiveness of it results, as a by-product, in lowering the actual value of your Iron Skin (and your Roar), but I personally find that an acceptable trade off as, giving the damage absorption portion of Iron Skin, I can easily get a ludicrous base value, and restore it whenever it gets low. And if it breaks, I can reliably re-cast it safetely because of the mechanics of Shield Gating, which often gets me a higher value due to enemy damage scaling.

I mean, it still can be turned into effectively tissue paper at really high levels, but that's kind of expected.

• 1 month later...

Rhino is my main.  I’ve been grinding for a little over a year.  I love how simple and straightforward he is but I do think some of his abilities need a rework.  I feel he needs 2 augments to be really good and or the use of someone else’s ability.  They should tweak his a little like posted.