Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk The Last Whoop bender (Air burst)

I thought today, you know I want to play an airbender in Warframe, so I immediately thought of Zephyr, But Zephyr doesn't feel like she's a master monk martial artist that can manipulate the air using Kung fu.

So I naturally subsumed air burst over My Baruuk Prime and the results are really satisfying, both thematically and gameplay effectiveness.

here's build as usual 

Grouping abilities, turns out, makes any Warframe feel better, and Baruuk is no stranger to this...especially if you mod his serene storm for gas and electric, these elements LOOOOVE ragdolled enemies because they can hit multiple body parts at the same time, and they chain with each other so it creates a...quadratic scaling, I think that's what it is? 

I don't know what to put in the last empty slot...an Airbender is known for his high mobility, so I think I'll use one of those elemental parkour mods.

additionally the shards I'm using are: 3 Tau Violet shards to get massive crit damage on my serene storm...and two tau yellow shards to spawn with 100% energy, but I may change that to parkour velocity for extra aribending mobility.

I think I've found my calling in this game, Warframe is designed to appeal to many different tastes, and for me, It's thematic building, You guys remember my Weather Witch Gyre (tempest barrage) or my Vampire Garuda (Reave)...I just love making builds that's based on a character, or an idea that isn't necessarily meta in this game, but it works really well.

I can't wait to try my Apex' Revenant Inaros after his rework!

• Like 3

I was into making themed builds for awhile but I also tried to make them abominations by removing what I thought was the frames signature ability. 

I watched some kung fu western movie and it made me think about the phrase "never take a knife to a gunfight" and the perfect response would be something like "I wasn't planning on taking a knife, I'm taking my swords". I knew I had to make a melee Mesa cowgirl thing. I figured that ensnare was as close to a lasso as I could get to keep with the cowgirl theme so I infused that over peacemakers. It was a pretty fun build actually, only downside was having to double tap her 1 to shieldgate reliably.

Max range+strength Baruuk for the win, a shockingly viable build too. Could use the extra slot for more range, or slot in adaptation for even more tanking abilities. 
Efficiency can work too

Just curious, why do you hide the link to Overframe?  The link text itself doesn't have any spoilery information, and the hidden nature just makes it take more space and clicks to get to.  I always assume you're hiding a screen cap of the actual build because many posters do that to preserve space, and then I click and it's just a link and it feels like I'm a kid getting socks for xmas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

Just curious, why do you hide the link to Overframe?  The link text itself doesn't have any spoilery information, and the hidden nature just makes it take more space and clicks to get to.  I always assume you're hiding a screen cap of the actual build because many posters do that to preserve space, and then I click and it's just a link and it feels like I'm a kid getting socks for xmas.

oh, you're right lol...it started when I first sent my build here as a screenshot, I put it in spoilers tab so I don't clog my post...but ever since then I've been doing it subconsciously without thinking whether it's actually a screenshot or a link.