Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Platinum) Bundle discounts if you already own items contained with a Bundle

Zahnny

I'm 90% sure I'm probably not the first person to talk about this, or bring it up before on the forums but it is something I've held feelings about for years.

I'm sure a great many Tenno here use, or have used Steam at some point. If so you're probably familiar with how Steam handles bundles. If you already own certain content as part of a Steam bundle, it shaves some of the price off giving you a discount (even applying if the bundle is part of an on-going discount)

Basically, I'd like something like that for the In-Game market in Warframe, not talking about external Bundles that cost real world money, that being said. That would also be a nice bonus.

Deluxe Bundles have always been in a bit of a weird area for me because of that. I want to get the Deluxe warframe skins but the best value has always been to purchase them as a completed bundle, since if you get the Warframe skin seperately, you'd still have to pay full price if you wanted to get the rest of the bundle at a later date. I don't want to assume any sort of malice or deceptive nature to these, for all I know it might have just been a complete oversight at DE that has been unaddressed for a long time (I don't think it's controversial to say this tends to happen)

For the most part, or at least for me personally this hasn't been a major issue since bundles are typically in the 200-300 platinum range, some go over that but even those that do tend to have other things in the bundle that balance it out and make you go "yeah, that's fair."

But Xaku's Deluxe Bundle has always been a sore spot for me. While I acknowledge it also contains the Lotus skin. I've always held off on buying the Xaku Deluxe bundle. I think the Xaku skin is amazing but the price of the bundle at 430 Platinum has always felt more on the expensive side, Lotus skin and Ephemera aside, I always felt like the Xaku Deluxe bundle was a bit "bloated" with the Orbiter decorations that can be obtained from the bundle. While Fashionframe is indeed the true endgame, I haven't exactly got a huge passion for ship decor, which has always made the ship decor from the Xaku bundle feel like a negative that increases the price, rather than a net positive to the bundle.

Sorry for that rant, but I thought it was worth giving that context as to why I feel like Warframe could do with a Discount system to Bundles when owning pieces of said bundle.

• Like 3

It'd be nice, but honestly we at least have to do away with the BS "you can't buy this bundle because you own something that's already in the bundle.  btw there's stuff in this bundle that's exclusive to the bundle so you're pretty screwed haha"

• Like 4