Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

horrible performance after a name change

prizrxk

recently, like 2 days or so, i changed my name and the performance suddenly dropped like hell, tried everything i could think of at this point, replicated my previous settings, verified files, optimized download cache, changed dx's and finally reinstalled, nothing helped.
the performance is about twice worse compared to before.

mkd_FObB2XQ.jpg?size=232x228&quality=96&

no idea where im supposed to post this kind of stuff so sorry in advance

6 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

To @prizrxk,

Two days ago ? after there was some update at the same moments you did your name change ...

=> Update your Nvidia Studio, version should be 3/19/2024 IE 19 MARS 2024

already updated everything i could, and yeah two days i was just coping with the fps for the time being

Just now, RLanzinger said:

To @prizrxk,

If you did reinstall warframe, you can go for pilot reinstall : Nvidia Geforce : Pilot / Pilote Nvidia Studio /  / Reinstall Pilot

i dont even know what that is, and im not using studio drivers

1 hour ago, prizrxk said:

i dont even know what that is, and im not using studio drivers

Update your Drivers, it's simple as that

If your issue still persists then it might be that you have bad hardware (Toaster PC)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Update your Drivers, it's simple as that

If your issue still persists then it might be that you have bad hardware (Toaster PC)

3070 5900x. already updated all my drivers

Edited by prizrxk

28 minutes ago, prizrxk said:

3070 5900x. already updated all my drivers

Then I don't know what to tell you

it could be other hardware in your PC, The PC might need a cleaning, and if all else fails, roll back a driver

Name changing shouldn't affect your FPS

Edit: is it JUST warframe that has terrible FPS?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Then I don't know what to tell you

it could be other hardware in your PC, The PC might need a cleaning, and if all else fails, roll back a driver

Name changing shouldn't affect your FPS

Edit: is it JUST warframe that has terrible FPS?

yes, it is just warframe

a toaster pc with a RTX 3070... ? NA

There was some problems wince last windows update and got worst recently. I got some BSOD error 116and could not play Warframe more than 5min.

Edit : there was also some report about AMD CPU having issues with one of windows updates...

So I did :

1. Change my driver set (form Nvidia Studio to Nvidia GeForce Game Ready) and resetting the parameter,
  2. Make sure in Nvidia config panel to restore program parameter for Warframe
  3. hold Shift + Reboot PC to access UEFI (bios) and make sure to restore parameter and having RAM XMT OFF
  4. Use warframe in Fullscreen with warframe's Flip optimisation off (because I use windows virtual desktop which is far from ok)
Edited by RLanzinger
+info

9 minutes ago, prizrxk said:

yes, it is just warframe

Hm, if it's just WF then it might be something funky with WF itself, it's good that other games don't have the same issue then, so more than likely it's not a Driver issue (otherwise, other games will suffer)

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

a toaster pc with a RTX 3070... ? NA

There was some problems wince last windows update and got worst recently. I got some BSOD error 116and could not play Warframe more than 5min.

Edit : there was also some report about AMD CPU having issues with one of windows updates...

So I did :

1. Change my driver set (form Nvidia Studio to Nvidia GeForce Game Ready) and resetting the parameter,
  2. Make sure in Nvidia config panel to restore program parameter for Warframe
  3. hold Shift + Reboot PC to access UEFI (bios) and make sure to restore parameter and having RAM XMT OFF
  4. Use warframe in Fullscreen with warframe's Flip optimisation off (because I use windows virtual desktop which is far from ok)

dont have ram xmt on, just did a clean reinstall of drivers, configs are at defaults, and the problem is i have a bad habit of alt tabbing all the time which crashes me if i play in fullscreen :(
didnt do any updates for windows tho iirc

Edited by prizrxk

so far after the clean install everything seems back to normal. 
getting back my stable 200 fps on highest
idk if anything will change but ill reply to this if it does

26 minutes ago, prizrxk said:

the problem is i have a bad habit of alt tabbing all the time which crashes me if i play in fullscreen :(

Yep, that why I changed from Fullscreen to Borderless windowed + Warframe's Flip optimisation (Win10 only) in the past. But had to go back fullscreen for now.

• Alt-tabing is a lot like using Virtual desktop (WIN+CRTL+RIGHT) and windows is bad at it...

36 minutes ago, prizrxk said:

seems like the latest driver isnt very good, i reinstalled to second latest driver and it seems like it was the issue, no idea really just assuming

now that makes sense (or rather, seems plausible, versus your Account Name 🙂).

44 minutes ago, prizrxk said:

dont have ram xmt on, just did a clean reinstall of drivers, configs are at defaults, and the problem is i have a bad habit of alt tabbing all the time which crashes me if i play in fullscreen :(
didnt do any updates for windows tho iirc

you're on new enough Hardware that Exclusive Fullscreen is obsolete, so there's no need to punish yourself with the unreliability that is Exclusive Fullscreen. Exclusive Fullscreen should be avoided and best left to those that don't have new enough Hardware or OS build to use the modern features that make Borderless superior. Exclusive Fullscreen is prone to issues.
Borderless has no compromises for you on your Hardware. (it's actually a little bit better)

17 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:
  • Alt-tabing is a lot like using Virtual desktop (WIN+CRTL+RIGHT) and windows is bad at it...

when you're using Exclusive Fullscreen, Windows has reduced control over how your Computer behaves. and that's why it's prone to issues.

1 hour ago, prizrxk said:

seems like the latest driver isnt very good, i reinstalled to second latest driver and it seems like it was the issue, no idea really just assuming

Strange, cuz my FPS was fine during testing, you could try making sure all is installed correctly before jumping into WF and try to adjust a few settings in WF that are redundant, makes the game hella a lot smoother.

But either way good luck with it