Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Augments

PR1D3

10 минут назад, Xzorn сказал:

Wha, Why would they even bother to nerf the Vex Armor Duration?

Well... With how fast squad (not you alone mind you) can kill mobs, it basically becomes infinite duration. Which is kinda op if i may say so... 

They only capped max duration you can stack so timer won't become like 10 minutes. Basically all timer increasing abilities have such limitations already.

1 hour ago, DimkaTsv said:

Depends on combination. I would also enjoy if someone with weapon that has base cold damage but not-guaranteed one gives me some info on how elemental combinatons would work. Sadly augment behavior is inconsistent depending on combination, to be specifically it seems like Heat merging overrides everything, aka DE intentionally (or unintentionally) made it in such way so you could not split heat damage from merging. Electricity is forcefully merging in some combinations as well.

In table below you can see, that you are physically unable to merge imbuement with elemental mods instead of weapon base element, if that weapon is base heat:

I still would like if someone will make test of cold base weapons, as i don't currently have one. It will help me to provide priority list. Currently it seems like priority is like this:

1) Heat + Electricity, no matter where
2) Heat + Cold, no matter where
3) Electricity + Cold, no matter where
4) Heat + Toxin if toxin is a mod and not base
Maybe i am wrong though. 

Merge means that imbuement combines with base+mod creating new element
Add means that imbuement adds damage on existing combination
Mod means that imbuement merges with mod, and you can still get such combination of element in order of frequency (Forced imbuement + [mod+imbuement combination] + base weapon element)
Separate means that imbuement does not merge, instead weapon element will still be base+mod, and imbuement is completely independent. 

It works like Frost, Ember, Volt and Gauss (single cast) augments, they combine with any single or combined element they can add to. The difference is you get guaranteed procs aswell.

Got a weapon with cold+toxin+electric and use heat you'll end up with viral+rad. If you use toxin it adds to the viral so you get viral+electric, if you use corrosive you'll end up with viral+corrosive since the corrosive will combine with the electric since it still follows mod order rules.

So for a cold based weapon whatever mix you use will combine with the cold damage aslong as you have cold as a solo element on the weapon unless you mix a combined element that doesnt include cold. Like how I tested a weapon earlier today with corrosive+cold and mixed gas along with having nourish, that gave me corrosive+cold+gas+viral. But when I used toxin I only got corrosive+viral and when I used only heat I got corrosive+blast+viral.

The only inconsistancy I've had was when I ran Ack & Brunt Incarnon and tried heat mix combined with my viral+electric influence build. Which turned into viral+radiation obviously, but it still also procced heat. And this was without slides or jumps weaved into the combat, which otherwise would produce a projectile with innate heat (which normally turns into radiation in that same build).

9 часов назад, SneakyErvin сказал:

they combine with any single or combined element they can add to.

Problem is not that they combine. I account for that when i build.

Problem is rules by which they combine. It is inconsistent that i can make force radiation + heat and still keep toxin base weapon, because imbuement only mixed up with electricity mod. But i cannot do same with heat based weapon.

Aka toxin base + heat mod + electricity imbue = electricity forced + radiation + toxin (with decreased proc rate due to weighting)
toxin base + electricity mod + heat imbue = heat forced + radiation + toxin remnant (aka it still merged with mod and not base)

But heat base + toxin mod + electricity imbue = electricity forced + radiation and not [electricity forced + corrosion combined with mod + heat remnant from base]. Meaning suddenly, because it is heat, now imbuement merges with base element and not mod. 
and heat base + electricity mod + toxic imbue = toxin forced + radiation. Meaning that it also always prioritize radiation instead of merging with imbuement (spoiler no matter what you will imbue here, with heat base and electricity mod you will always get radiation + imbuement separately). 

That is HUGE difference in behaviours between different combination of imbuement, modded elemental damage and base element of weapon. And i am questioning, did DE intentionally programmed that heat will ALWAYS combine ignoring default behavior no matter the source, or is it a bug. 

If it is bug, i want it to be fixed. And if it is intended behavior, then please make imbuement freaking consistent with rules! It should not prioritize specific combined elements over others. 

From what i saw specific combinations take priorities.

1) Heat will ALWAYS combine, no matter where it is. If heat is in base elemental damage of the weapon, it will prioritize combining with modded elemental damage and not imbuement for some ungodly reason... 

2) If there is Electricity as innate element and Cold modded, they will combine into magnet (which should not happen, cold should combine with imbued element and free innate electricity). Unless there is heat, then it will be blast (or radiation) as heat will take priority and will merge by rules (with modded elemental damage taking priority)

I wanna have ability to make this combination:

heat base + toxin modded + electricity imbue = electricity forced + corrosion combined with mod + heat remnant. 

But i freaking cannot because heat ignores merging rules! So i get gas + electricity... And that's it!

Resolved: There is specific rule for that

Order is always such:
0) Modded element
1) Heat innate or imbued
2) Cold innate or imbued
3) Electricity innate or imbued
4) Toxin innate or imbued. 
When you have multiple elements in "innate or imbued" it will work just like mods but with fixed spacing 0-1-2-3-4, meaning modded damage will always merge with leftmost "innate or imbued" element, and right most will be added on top. 

Edited by DimkaTsv