Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Augments

PR1D3

Bro. Some of them are just nutty. Nezha's new one used with Reaping Chakram makes it where it can kill stuff again. Even on SP enemies. As long as you primed them, viral alone seems to be enough, and the fire procs it causes can bleed out enemies. Bonus if you use other things and strangely enough it's one the abilities that can be affected by Arcane Avengers. Lavos' Valence Formation is borderline OP. It's like a super version of Elemental Booster Augments you see for like Sayrn, Ember, Volt, etc but even though it's shorter it gives more damage, forced procs and you have the pick of the litter with elements. It makes his gun play INSANELY adaptable. Parasitic Vitality is bonkers too, as long as you're linking to something which shouldn't be that much of an issue. I could just go on and on. This update wrecked several of my builds and I'm so hyped to remake them now since we also have a means to get Tauforge shards a wee bit more consistently/actually work towards them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

wait, the lavos augment actually works like we all hoped it did and isn't just worded weirdly??

holy crap

yeah. the only other thing i can say is that I don't know if the weapon damage is affected by strength. The ability tool tip that show the stat changes isn't showing on the passive or any other ability notes. I'm testing right now but im also juggling the other new stuff too. Even if it's not, it's still solid af.

Hoping Chroma's Augment is actually viable and can hopefully increase his Vex Armor Duration with kills by him and not just allies 🤞

Edit: IT DOES!! INFINITE VEX ARMOR IS REALLLLLLL!!!

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know yet that it compares in power to some of these others.  But Damage Decoy is, at the very least, super fun.

I did test it in the Simulacrum. It's so dumb. In a good way. Trash mobs effectively suicided themselves. Everything else did chunk themselves out hard. I've only done base strength but it can scale up. Loki felt good with the Decoy and Swap Tele changes alone and i was having too much fun zooming with him.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I don't know yet that it compares in power to some of these others.  But Damage Decoy is, at the very least, super fun.

I still personally wish Loki had a Passive that buffed his weapon damage as long as he wasn't being actively targeted, and maybe a Blind or Sleep so he could reset enemy awareness states, but I'll take the crazy status Augment.

8 hours ago, PR1D3 said:

Parasitic Vitality is bonkers too, as long as you're linking to something which shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Nah its dog S#&$. No where in the game does nidus need 4k extra health (assuming at base he has around 1000) except content where he needs more armor/dr, which he doesnt have access to if hes linked to an ally rather than an enemy. 5k health is cool but enemies over lvl 500/1000 (which, again, is the only place hed benefit from extra health as anything below that level is tankable with just adaptation) is nothing for high lvl enemies who will shred that health instantly. Only exception here would be linking to styanax since yoire getting overguard but even then at that point the augment is useless as your health is irrelevant when overguarded. I love nidus but this augment is trash

I agree for lavos and nezha , they are amazing and lavos becomes borderline broken with the right weapon and shard setup.

I use the Cedo and it has enough multishot to instantly strip Armor thanks to the green shards if set to corrosive. And the beauty is it also works with melee , it's gonna have some influence. And despite that I don't think it's OP , some nerfs to numbers may come in considering how versatile it is , but since lavos himself regularly casts different abilities with different elements (atleast I do) with cooldowns can require you to be selective with your actions.

Nezha playstyle feels closer to Zephyr now , can turn most weapons into AoE if they can proc DOT effects.

I have yet to try the other augments. Baruuk seems like it will be interesting melee speed and crit damage are both things that work well for him.

7 hours ago, Greysmog said:

I still personally wish Loki had a Passive that buffed his weapon damage as long as he wasn't being actively targeted, and maybe a Blind or Sleep so he could reset enemy awareness states, but I'll take the crazy status Augment.

Personally I'm already in the middle of a soft transition to Octavia/Revenant. The way I see it, people will expect you to use the augment now, and overall build around the decoy. I guess you can't really fight against it since the decoy is unique to his kit.

Edited by aivastus

After testing the baruuk one, I say its is meh and not worth the slot , 

The stats are too low , 30% at base would be ok but the stacking kinda ruins it , baruuk doesn't really rely on strength that much for his base kit , and elude is not very reliable for keeping the stacks up, especially since that only lasts for 6s and you loose everything at once.

It may have been intended for the desert wind synergy , but in my playthrough I rarely saw more than 2 stacks at a time , and standing still for any amount of time to build stacks feels stupid to me.

This is more to do with how the whole kit works I think , when I am using melee the elude is ineffective and when I am not attacking ... Well , I am not attacking , so my best chance is to bore enemies to death. 

The daggers take away enemy guns , so they cant shoot me so I can't build stacks and if they get too close they sometimes do stomps that does damage ,

And lullaby .... Is great but not something you pair with trying to stack incoming attacks ,

And finally desert wind simply stops elude for the entire animation of the attack.

I want to make it good , but outside of very niche very bursty builds I don't see it being effective.

Il y a 15 heures, TeaHands a dit :

Hoping Chroma's Augment is actually viable and can hopefully increase his Vex Armor Duration with kills by him and not just allies 🤞

Edit: IT DOES!! INFINITE VEX ARMOR IS REALLLLLLL!!!

It didn't last long... already nerfed...

Il y a 11 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Added a duration cap to Chroma’s Guardian Armor Augment Mod.

• This Augment was intended to offer players a way to extend its duration but was released uncapped, resulting in some pretty impressive numbers. For the sake of balance, we have capped this bonus time at your current modded Vex Armor duration.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AegidiusF said:

I was expecting the infinite duration to get nerfed, was hoping they would at least raise the cap a little bit over the abilities duration by like 10-15 seconds but nope, it makes modding for duration still necessary. Which is severely disappointing.

It's also bugged to high hell. Allies don't increase the duration with kills and it seems like there's a limit to the amount of duration earned when killing hordes of enemies. Because right now killing 20 enemies in a second or two does not feel like its netting an extra 20 seconds to the ability. Which is again severely disappointing.

Only perk so far is gaining hp from kills.

Just gonna go back to DD2 until they hopefully fix this ability.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Baruuk seems like it will be interesting melee speed and crit damage are both things that work well for him.

Elude has always been a bad ability. I have always treated it like a free subsume slot for something like Tharros Strike which is a great way for him to help take care of armored units that can tank his punches.

And even if you wanted to try it out. You have to consider that you're sacrificing another mod slot for a second augment (Reactive Storm is mandatory) that only stacks up 6 times while also needing to stand around and let enemies attack you to keep it active. You can get enough attack speed and crit damage from mods, arcanes and Archon Shards while simultaneously maintaining a more proactive playstyle.

Just now, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Elude has always been a bad ability. I have always treated it like a free subsume slot for something like Tharros Strike which is a great way for him to help take care of armored units that can tank his punches.

And even if you wanted to try it out. You have to consider that you're sacrificing another mod slot for a second augment (Reactive Storm is mandatory) that only stacks up 6 times while also needing to stand around and let enemies attack you to keep it active. You can get enough attack speed and crit damage from mods, arcanes and Archon Shards while simultaneously maintaining a more proactive playstyle.

You missed my follow up comment after testing I think.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

After testing the baruuk one, I say its is meh and not worth the slot , 

The stats are too low , 30% at base would be ok but the stacking kinda ruins it , baruuk doesn't really rely on strength that much for his base kit , and elude is not very reliable for keeping the stacks up, especially since that only lasts for 6s and you loose everything at once.

It may have been intended for the desert wind synergy , but in my playthrough I rarely saw more than 2 stacks at a time , and standing still for any amount of time to build stacks feels stupid to me.

This is more to do with how the whole kit works I think , when I am using melee the elude is ineffective and when I am not attacking ... Well , I am not attacking , so my best chance is to bore enemies to death. 

The daggers take away enemy guns , so they cant shoot me so I can't build stacks and if they get too close they sometimes do stomps that does damage ,

And lullaby .... Is great but not something you pair with trying to stack incoming attacks ,

And finally desert wind simply stops elude for the entire animation of the attack.

I want to make it good , but outside of very niche very bursty builds I don't see it being effective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You missed my follow up comment after testing I think.

Clearly I did. Disregard what I said then.

Though it should be worth mentioning that I could already tell it was going to be a bad augment back when it was revealed during the devstream. Especially considering how I build and play Baruuk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AegidiusF said:

OG Chroma returned with his buffs galore… and it didn’t even last a day

Nice, guess he’s benched again

20 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Clearly I did. Disregard what I said then.

Though it should be worth mentioning that I could already tell it was going to be a bad augment back when it was revealed during the devstream. Especially considering how I build and play Baruuk.

I had my doubts too ,

Elude isn't bad , but it's not very reliable even at 200% range as a defense ability , so anything that depends upon it it equally unreliable and i too have is subsumed with tharos strike on a few loadouts.

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Elude isn't bad , but it's not very reliable even at 200% range as a defense ability

It's bad for the current high mobility environment where maintaining high KPM is the meta. Especially in endless modes like Survival where you need to keep on top of your life support. The fact it has poor synergy with his daggers is also a big issue when you need enemies to be attacking you to get any meaningful effect from the ability.

It could have been a good ability if Baruuk was released 11 years ago. But the direction of the game was already shifting in a more damage focused direction by the time he was made available. 

57 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

OG Chroma returned with his buffs galore… and it didn’t even last a day

Nice, guess he’s benched again

Yeah i fr dont get what de’s problem is with giving power to frames who actually need it meanwhile meta frames get buffed routinely lol. Even in pvp games, its better to buff weak things rather than take away strong things. Theres no reason chroma cant be broken like most other frames in the game but de wants to have their cake and eat it too in the form of “designing around the power fantasy” but also nerf stuff if pablo doesnt personally care about/like a frame. Consistent disappointment from DE, as always

22 часа назад, Mazifet сказал:

wait, the lavos augment actually works like we all hoped it did and isn't just worded weirdly??

holy crap

Depends on combination. I would also enjoy if someone with weapon that has base cold damage but not-guaranteed one gives me some info on how elemental combinatons would work. Sadly augment behavior is inconsistent depending on combination, to be specifically it seems like Heat merging overrides everything, aka DE intentionally (or unintentionally) made it in such way so you could not split heat damage from merging. Electricity is forcefully merging in some combinations as well.

In table below you can see, that you are physically unable to merge imbuement with elemental mods instead of weapon base element, if that weapon is base heat:

I still would like if someone will make test of cold base weapons, as i don't currently have one. It will help me to provide priority list. Currently it seems like priority is like this:

1) Heat + Electricity, no matter where
2) Heat + Cold, no matter where
3) Electricity + Cold, no matter where
4) Heat + Toxin if toxin is a mod and not base
Maybe i am wrong though. 

Merge means that imbuement combines with base+mod creating new element
Add means that imbuement adds damage on existing combination
Mod means that imbuement merges with mod, and you can still get such combination of element in order of frequency (Forced imbuement + [mod+imbuement combination] + base weapon element)
Separate means that imbuement does not merge, instead weapon element will still be base+mod, and imbuement is completely independent. 

Цитата

Base Mod Imbue   Result       Behaviour  

Toxin Toxin Toxin   Toxin Toxin     Merge  
Toxin Toxin Cold   Viral Cold     Merge  
Toxin Toxin Electricity Corrosion Electricity   Merge  
Toxin Toxin Heat   Gas Heat     Merge  

Toxin Cold Toxin   Viral Toxin     Add  
Toxin Cold Cold   Viral Cold     Add  
Toxin Cold Electricity Magnet Electricity Toxin   Mod Base
Toxin Cold Heat   Blast Heat Toxin   Mod Base

Toxin Electricity Toxin   Corrosion Toxin     Add  
Toxin Electricity Cold   Magnet Cold Toxin   Mod Base
Toxin Electricity Electricity Corrosion Electricity   Add  
Toxin Electricity Heat   Radiation Heat Toxin   Mod Base

Toxin Heat Toxin   Gas Toxin     Add  
Toxin Heat Cold   Blast Cold Toxin   Mod Base
Toxin Heat Electricity Radiation Electricity Toxin   Mod Base
Toxin Heat Heat   Gas Heat     Add  

Cold Toxin Toxin   Viral Toxin     Add  
Cold Toxin Cold   Viral Cold     Add  
Cold Toxin Electricity ??? Electricity   ???  
Cold Toxin Heat   ??? Heat     ???  

Cold Cold Toxin   Viral Toxin     Merge  
Cold Cold Cold   Cold Cold     Merge  
Cold Cold Electricity Magnet Electricity   Merge  
Cold Cold Heat   Blast Heat     Merge  

Cold Electricity Toxin   Magnet Toxin     ???  
Cold Electricity Cold   ??? Cold     Add  
Cold Electricity Electricity Magnet Electricity   Add  
Cold Electricity Heat   ??? Heat     ???  

Cold Heat Toxin   ??? Toxin     ???  
Cold Heat Cold   Blast Cold     Add  
Cold Heat Electricity ??? Electricity   ???  
Cold Heat Heat   Blast Heat     Add  

Electricity Toxin Toxin   Corrosion Toxin     Add  
Electricity Toxin Cold   Viral Cold     Mod Base
Electricity Toxin Electricity Corrosion Electricity   Add  
Electricity Toxin Heat   Gas Heat     Mod Base

Electricity Cold Toxin   Magnet Toxin     Separate ???
Electricity Cold Cold   Magnet Cold     Add  
Electricity Cold Electricity Magnet Electricity   Add  
Electricity Cold Heat   Blast Heat     Mod Base

Electricity Electricity Toxin   Corrosion Toxin     Merge  
Electricity Electricity Cold   Magnet Cold     Merge  
Electricity Electricity Electricity Electricity Electricity   Merge  
Electricity Electricity Heat   Radiation Heat     Merge  

Electricity Heat Toxin   Radiation Toxin     Separate ???
Electricity Heat Cold   Blast Cold     Mod Base
Electricity Heat Electricity Radiation Electricity   Add  
Electricity Heat Heat   Radiation Heat     Add  

Heat Toxin Toxin   Gas Toxin     Add  
Heat Toxin Cold   Gas Cold     Separate  
Heat Toxin Electricity Gas Electricity   Separate  
Heat Toxin Heat   Gas Heat     Add  

Heat Cold Toxin   Blast Toxin     Separate  
Heat Cold Cold   Blast Cold     Add  
Heat Cold Electricity Blast Electricity   Separate  
Heat Cold Heat   Blast Heat     Add  

Heat Electricity Toxin   Radiation Toxin     Separate  
Heat Electricity Cold   Radiation Cold     Separate  
Heat Electricity Electricity Radiation Electricity   Add  
Heat Electricity Heat   Radiation Heat     Add  

Heat Heat Toxin   Gas Toxin     Merge  
Heat Heat Cold   Blast Cold     Merge  
Heat Heat Electricity Radiation Electricity   Merge  
Heat Heat Heat   Heat Heat     Merge  

Edited by DimkaTsv
  • Like 1

Wha, Why would they even bother to nerf the Vex Armor Duration? Or have it in the first place?

I play Chroma a decent amount and I would still be using it every 40s out of habit because a snapshot 464% Power Vex is not something you want to lose. Mostly cuz you'll risk dying trying to get it back. I don't get why they keep trying to push him into a quasi support without tweaking his skills proper or just giving him new ones. He's not good unless you have belligerent amounts of Power Strength. Which means no Power Range and no Mod space.

• Like 2