Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to track down ability ive seen on Saryn and now Dante

I've seen this ability before, cant remember what it is. But I've seen it on Saryn and now Dante. In the onslaught, the map was enveloped in some sort of energy, animated clouds of energy all around like it was a wall, and the enemies died fast, like nuke mirage fast. 760 something kills in one round of corpus. may not be one ability to achieve this. I figure its a helminth ability with augment but I'm having trouble trying to research this.

It makes me think of Gauss' Thermal Sunder with the "the map was enveloped in some sort of energy, animated clouds of energy all around " description you made.

But neither Saryn nor Dante need it to nuke whole rooms in the Onslaught. Their own abilities already allow it at such low levels.

Edited by Yaerion

I was thinking the sunder or maybe gloom as well. But its been a while since ive seen a frame come in the onslaught and immediately start nuking the map while doing 98% of the damage, and that frame be something other than mirage or hydroid. 

Since you mentioned Saryn, I have two guesses:

• Gloom is a great ability to Helminth onto Saryn, and while it doesn't kill enemies, if Gloom is on a Saryn then enemies will be dropping dead left and right, so a person might reasonably connect the two.  Gloom does create kind of a shadowy wall around the user.
  • It might be the Toxin Clouds that come from the Incarnon Dual Ichor.  When enough enemies die (which can happen fast with a Saryn) this can result in a ton of Toxin clouds.  Additionally, Incarnon Dual Ichor often uses the arcane Melee Influence, which does massive damage to enemies in a 20m radius, further boosting Saryn's innate deadliness.

Here's a video of someone using both of these, which might help confirm or deny: