Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Final Feedback & Impressions On Dante

Hello Drifters!

So with Dante now out and fully in our hands, I wanted to take this time to address my Feedback and Impressions on what I think of Dante, likewise as to what I said during my first Impressions Dante fills all the tickboxes for that "perfect" type of frame that I was looking for in a Mystic/Sorcery type of Theme. (He even inspired me to design another build in a different MMO based around him!)

However, like all frames, they are not totally perfect and there are some minor exceptions and 1 glaring issue that I have found that raises some concerns about this frame's performance and relevancy in the future and that he may naturally drift apart from the meta over time.

So let's go over his Abilities one by one to address the concerns:

------------------------------------

Passive: Noctua scans targets. Status Chance increases against fully Scanned targets.

I still do not enjoy this being his only Passive, while it does fit perfectly from both a lore standpoint and gameplay-wise, it lacks substance and for the newer players (or even vets) this passive will be borderline useless as not everyone scans targets and while the Book does scan people, I have yet to figure out if you need the book out or not to scan targets. Also, the 50% Status Chance depends if you have fully scanned or not feels punishing for players who have yet to do their scans.

So I strongly suggest that this Passive is injected into another passive along with it. However, what other passive he can have I do not know, this is just my take on the passive, you all may have another viewpoint.

--------------------------------------

First Ability: Noctua

Open Noctua, Dante’s Exalted Tome, and unleash a tale of woe upon his enemies.

NOTE: Noctua has the Unique Trait where all Tome Mods can be equipped without restriction!

So the main concern I had with Noctua was that it may be too costly to upkeep given the fact that the drain on many exalted weapons is often too high or counter to the playstyle of the frame, however, that is no longer the case!

Dante's power Ability Efficiency seems to be quite low even with default 100% Efficiency and that makes this frame great in my book (heh, get it?) with the mod setup, I have his Noctua costs next to nothing to up-keep and overall DPS of this thing is very good and I love it, while it can melt Steel Path, it still has it's limits going above, at least with what I experienced, so thankfully the 1st power isn't OP. Since we still have other exalted weapons that do even better than Noctua and default weapons.

However, I do have one complaint about the book itself it doesn't allow us to use Exilus Mods, however, this isn't just tied down to Noctua but ALL Exalted Weapons and I honestly think it's time for DE to allow us to use Exilus Mods since they can hurt the builds (Yes we do have exalted weapons effected by Power Strg) but with the introduction of Tome Mods, some are quite viable to be used in builds.

--------------------------------------

Second Ability: Light Verse
Dante’s vitalizing composition grants him and his allies Overguard and increases their Max Health.

Third Ability: Dark Verse
Dante’s composition draws blood from nearby enemies, inflicting Slash Damage upon them.

Fourth Ability: Final Verse
Dante must compose two other Verses before his Final Verse. The last two Verses (abilities 2 and 3) cast by Players are what affect the Final Verse, including the order you cast them! Build a story with your Ability casts, and tell it with Final Verse!

Here’s a look at how each Verse manifests:

- Two Light Verses (2, 2) invigorate allies with Triumph, offering regenerating survivability stats.
- Two Dark Verses (3, 3) attack enemies with Tragedy, dealing lots of damage.
- A Dark Verse followed by a Light Verse (3, 2) summons Pageflight, Paragrimms who swoop at enemies and deal Slash procs!
- A Light Verse followed by a Dark Verse (3, 3) supports allies with Wordwarden, which summons a copy of Noctua

No real issues or complaints about these powers, they work perfectly for how they are and seem quite well-balanced, if not a little powerful but the same argument can be made for other frames like Rev or Saryn and even Nezha now, who can nuke rooms or be unkillable. The only thing I've noticed is that one of his powers seems to be stupidly loud.

Also, some sort of extra HUD or icon to know what the duration of his Pageflight & Wordwarden is, since the Icon above can get cluttered easily, but to be fair, this isn't just Dante himself.

And that's that

Overall a very solid frame

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Also, some sort of extra HUD or icon to know what the duration of his Pageflight & Wordwarden is, since the Icon above can get cluttered easily, but to be fair, this isn't just Dante himself.

Thats all the QoL he will need. 

Some mini icons that glow when in use in chosen energy color. thats it. (And echo, not just dante that needs)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

THIS PLEASE

• Like 5