Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heat sword doesn't have innate heat damage

Shabach

I was playing with some new friends, and one of them acquired the Heat Sword from one of the early introductory quests. The inbox message said something to the effect of "Fire is especially effective against the infested" and the gave them the blueprint for the heat sword.

Something we noticed though, is that the Heat Sword doesn't have innate heat damage like the heat dagger does. It's been such a long time since I've even thought about that particular weapon, it never would've crossed my mind.

I guess the end result I'm asking for is to add some small amount of heat damage to the heat sword to bring it in line with the 'lore' implication from the inbox message.

Edited by Shabach
  • Like 2

It's hidden away in the slam attacks, and I don't blame anyone for not knowing about that

What's worse is the Heat Dagger does deal heat on normal attacks, but the sword can't. I guess at least you kind of have an alternative there

• Like 2

Similarly, the Dark Sword has Radiation damage but innate/forced Toxin on the Slam, which isn't made clear by the description and I don't ever recall seeing forced procs listed under Heavy Attack menu.