Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

35.5.3 changes to Dante

While he is still in a good state the Line of sight changes feel really bad to play. It feels like a QoL nerf more than anything else as he is now kinda clunky and not as smooth or satasfying to play as before the changes. overall I would hope there are some tweaks to the LoS changes if not a reversion completely but the rest of the changes are fine (although I have seen some people still complaining about how it didn't really fix the unwanted overguard problem). ty for your hard work as always DE.

LOS nerf for tragedy is too much, reducing range maybe better than LOS,  since it not effective at high lvl game, its just clearing low lvl mobs not event an eximus

Let's do this again a 2nd time and expand on my criticsms from the first, his overguard is competing against every other group survivabilty buffing frame. For him to even come close to them he needs to get unnerfed and have his overguard have a cap of 100k, that isn't an exageration, that's the amount needed because he's competing against A bunch of Invulnerability, Shield generators with Shield gate of 1 second or more, and Health Tankers.

On top of the fact of Adaptation and Armor not working with overguard. but it works on Shield tanking/Health tanking. Now i dont want 100k overguard i just want it reverted to the original because again

The nerf is an over reaction just because he's a new shiny popular warframe and small parts of the community dont understand that Protea, Hildryn, Mag, Wisp, Oberon, Trinity, Equinox, Harrow, Limbo, Revenant, Sevagoths gloom, Frost and Styanax can give better survivability since they just dont give health, they are doing somethign else besides the survivability.

And dude is competing against others that do it better and have better damage on top of it.

Protea gives energy + health orbs and ammo with shields, armor strip and a nuke for an ult. Dante gives crumbs compared to her. If protea wasn't stuck inside the Granum void and was released like Dante, she would be recieving far harsher nerfs.

Why was my first topic redirected to the comments only for my voice to be burried.

• Like 3

I had forseen Dante getting a line of sight check, but I figured they would probably test it somewhere that wasn't a white room with a pillar and one Grineer. I regret the faith I had in DE. This is just lowest bidder work. Reb really predicted it with the line about 1 week of Dante fun on Devshorts. The weekend warriors who farmed him didn't even get to play him. The ones who bought him are finding out on their work breaks that they wasted their money. I know a lot of long time players who do not farm frames on release and never spend money on a frame. I myself don't spend money on the new gameplay additions because of things like Mesa Prime being incompatible with tennogen on release (I had money set aside and ended up spending it elsewhere before it was changed). I now am reminded of why that is.

• Like 2

Now that my anger is subsiding...im ok with line of sight only if it functions exactly like darkverses....and please for the love of God, boost alittle bit of the overguard, and make IT have line of sight to avoid casting on unwanted allies...make it retical based or a cone or something, cause that would have been waaaaaay better then what is in place lol

• Like 1

Just tested Dante against lb 500s and he is completely crap now 

This nerf was a horrible decision on DEs side nurfing a frame that was perfectly fine and fun to play at any level 

I can't what to see how they mess up the next frame jade with there stupid decision making and crap logic

• Like 1

Maybe I’m a bit ignorant to the initial reaction of Dante’s release, and to those who thought he was overpowered, but all I observed was people defending his original state. Was there really a large reaction or surge of people asking him to be nerfed? 

Given the state of feedback, looks to me it’s been rated pretty negatively by the majority. Was this a knee jerk reaction by DE or pandering to the minority?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OrezMorph said:

While he is still in a good state the Line of sight changes feel really bad to play.

LoS isn't a good state, it never worked properly in warframe.

Since the launch of Nidus, its larva continues to catch mobs after the wall, the larva gets stuck and we are unable to cast it again. There is even an argument to fix this bug by allowing the larva to be disabled (look at the point we've reached, we need to spend 1 mod space to fix the bug, DE simply signed that they can't solve problems with line of sight)

• Like 4

“We are not trying to make the first 5 days of Dante the best and only good days” -Reb

Welp.  Guess you #*!%ed that one up, huh?

Honestly, most of the changes don't seem that bad... except the LoS change on Tragedy.  If you truly felt that his room-clear needed to be nerfed (which I completely disagree with as there are many other frames that can dominate normal-path missions in the same manner and are even better in steel path), better to just cut the range of his 4 by 20-25% instead of having to work around the LoS spaghetti.  No matter how 'generous' you are with the LoS checks, it will always feel worse than just not having to deal with LoS at all - especially as your tile designs becomes more intricate.  

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Crispyframe said:

Given the state of feedback, looks to me it’s been rated pretty negatively by the majority. Was this a knee jerk reaction by DE or pandering to the minority?

They always pander to the minority even when the majority seas its completely fine the only way for them to listen is to speak with your wallet and speak aggressively  say enough is enough 

Stop buying from them and playing there games and if you bought tenocon tickets refund them get your money back and don't support a company that physical dosent care about you unless money is involved

• Like 3

Just now, PlanAHasFailed said:

“We are not trying to make the first 5 days of Dante the best and only good days” -Reb

Welp.  Guess you #*!%ed that one up, huh?

Honestly, most of the changes don't seem that bad... except the LoS change on Tragedy.

I'm extremely incredulous at what they've done.

LoS? Really?

• Like 1

Using Dante a lot in high difficulty things since the update.  The main difference is I don't use Tragedy at all, except for occasionally nuking primed heavies.  His ability to slaughter the map is now limited to spamming dark verse and waiting for that to play itself out...  which, don't get me wrong, sucks a lot more than I thought it would be, but Dante's still good enough to be worth using in high difficulty content.  He still performs well, even without map-clearing capabilities.  

Edited by Zavenosk

14 minutes ago, Crispyframe said:

Maybe I’m a bit ignorant to the initial reaction of Dante’s release, and to those who thought he was overpowered, but all I observed was people defending his original state. Was there really a large reaction or surge of people asking him to be nerfed? 

Pandering, because some builds are messed up by the team overguard. Did they solve it? No. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlanAHasFailed said:

Honestly, most of the changes don't seem that bad...

Are you serious about that 

He was able to survive way better before the nerf now he can't even survive lv 150s very well any more line of sight isn't even the biggest problem the biggest problem is them nerfing him in the first place he was perfectly fine before and now poof he's crap 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheBlackAce21 said:

The entirety of the community has been pissing and moaning about losing nuke frames since the og Saryn nerfs. Some of us LIKE the direction of more thoughtful gameplay than mash button in one spot and turn off brain. I also don't know what "Mesa can be assisted" means but it's a poor attempt at lumping me into a category of people you think suck for a line of thought you think exists. Debate the argument properly or don't quote at me.

Ok but the majority just wants to have fun and turn there brains off, its bad enough the game is nothing but a grind fest but now you add something genuinely din and it's gets torched

• Like 2

Stop ignoring the feedback and fix the issue.  You know that nobody likes them, or maybe you don't because you keep putting posts into mega threads so you can ignore them.

Stop ignoring the feedback and fix the issue.  You know that nobody likes them, or maybe you don't because you keep putting posts into mega threads so you can ignore them.

• Like 1

I believe the conspiracy theories about DE doing this for money to be a bit absurd and it's more likely that this was just a really bad call. DE makes most of their revenue on cosmetics, not gear. Never mind the fact that making new gear only to nerf it would be a very bad business model. That said I am disappointed that DE has yet to fix the age old issue of shield/overguard buffing frames harming people who get energy with Rage/Hunter Adrenaline. There's a simple solution to this, change how the mods work. IE, have mods that makes it impossible to get buffed with shields or overguard. Maybe even change the previously aforementioned mods to have this effect. 

As for the debuffs, I don't know I think they should listen to players evidently because it's quite clear that the frame has become annoying to play as. They'll see an issue when the amount of people playing Dante goes down. 

• Like 2

Dante did need changes. He was too powerful and was for sure becoming more dominant and overshadowing the other characters. I think his Overshield could be kept on himself and only Triumph give a passive cure on life to allies since the Overhield seems to be interfering with a lot of other characters play style. Tragedy needed a nerf on damage and maybe range but Line of Sight restrictions are far too much and are taking away the best aspect of the ability. 

I don't agree with the nerfs made by D.E. and I would like them to rethink them. I believe they were too hasty to fit the nerf with Deep Archemedia update and definitely didn't make enough tests before launching them. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Then I think the majority should stop giving them money and playing there game and see if they want to listen after they start losing money

True but it's not gonna happen it never does unfortunately it's happened all the time in online games that contain real money purchases that have things to entice people into buying. That's why they can get away with this crap

Roll back Dante's changes or destroy all nuclear frames. I bought two sets of frames for myself and my son, spent forms and shards so that we could have fun playing, and now you're destroying all the fun? Have you even tried to play with the stub that you left from the frame? And I also took a ticket to tennoсon.. Fe, the worst investment

Edited by BloodyPrimeSkull
Misspell
  • Like 2