Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LoS Fixes for Dante’s Tragedy coming in next Hotfix

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

To add to the above, it's very obvious to us, as it is with players, that Tragedy's LOS is clearly not in an ideal state due to the bugs we listed above. It's not working as intended and we want to remedy that as soon as we can. Once the fixes go live, we'll be watching for your thoughts as you experience it the way was designed to function.  

I understand making mistakes but you(as a company) can not be this tone deaf. People are not mad that your implementation of LoS is bad (but it does exacerbate the issue). It's that you had to nerf him like this in the first place. Making a Warframe less fun from a gameplay point of view should not be your priority. Play with his numbers a little bit if you think he's so OP (which considering saryn, Mesa and Octavia are in the game . . . )

Edited by Reever.
  • Like 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Momaw:

We appreciate the video, since it showcases the problem with the current Line of Sight checks in a very analytical and accurate way.  However, the behavior in the video is what is being fixed. See attached video for the upcoming improvements to how we check for LOS that were mentioned in the first post.

In case it has been missed: LOS is a trash mechanic that is broken on all frames cursed with it. Revert the changes. 

Edited by yeahnil
  • Like 6

Im confused on why Dante is now Line of Sight, while other warframe like Equinox isn't? Hers initial cast and Nuke 4th doesn't rely on LoS, but Dante does? Or Volts 4th with a strength/Range build?  Dante needs to cast 3 abilities to use his 4th. There needs to be some sort of middle ground when it comes to abilities that are LoS and aren't.  Wasn't the goals for Warframes to be stronger to better align themselves with Melee damage? Isnt that why you are doing all this extra work with Primaries too? To bring everything to the same damage scale.

This seems like a bigger problem that needs to be address in the coming future. This seems like a band-aid fix for now, And all new Warframes that has some sort of Nuke/LoS ability would need a lot more attention before they get release. 

• Like 6

Saddest part about it is it’s killed my enthusasim to play the game at all. Have Played on and off since it launched on console, currently at near Three thousand hours of in game play, numerous prime access bought and it just makes you think “whats the point”. Came back to the game early last year after a long break and up till now had really enjoyed the vast majority of the new content. Im fortunate enough that I can pick up any frame and do whatever content I want at this stage. So here’s the thing, Damage output wise Dante wasn’t even top 10 for me, his overguard at high levels of play meant literally nothing, and when frames like Revenant press 1 button and say “that’s me not dying for the rest of the mission” exist it’s just laughable to nerf Dante so hard. But Dante was just fun, something different and enjoyable to play. Died a good few times using him in long cascade runs, but it was FUN! God knows why when so many other (BETTER) Nuke and survivability frames exist yet Dante wasn’t even allowed a full week before he was dumpstered. 

Won’t be purchasing any new release frame in the future off the back of this, nor any prime access. It’s a total slap in the face to your community when you advertise a product, release a product, take people’s money for the product then go “well actually you know what that’s not what you’re really getting”. Revert or refund.

• Like 9

The nerf was very jarring going from yesterday to today. Dante feels ok, but not good. He felt great before. The Nerfs feel overdone.

• Like 1

Hey megan and all at the WF team, I would say, please do a revert. The issue I feel is how easy it was to give overguard to enemies., less so the line of sight nuking that tragedy did. Since other frames (Like Gara, Garuda, etc) has the lack of LoS on their powers, Dante getting it this soon after launch really kills this frame. If you were to nerf anything, reducing its range would be a good call, as a lot of the maps have corridors or corners that kill the power's potential, Him being similar to garuda in terms of power is a good thing.
As for the overguard, the only issue is him giving that ludicrous amount of OG to teammates with triumph was the issue. A way you could fix to be better, Make the OG on kill be the way that teammates gain it from Triumph, making it more of a big buff rather than a big burst and a buff. Doing these changes could make the powers feel more in line with other frames while also being as worth grinding, Dante and Garuda both have nukes you need to build, with Dante needing a little more set up without the Invincibility that garuda gets farming hers, him getting LoS really does make him less viable than other options. I hope this explanation is civil, as I hope it to be. You all have a good weekend!

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Local_Warlord said:

Y'all tested him plenty before releasing him. He was made powerful on purpose and it was done to make sales on Dante packs. Nerfing him after making money off his packs is shady business practice. I won't spend another dime with you guys. 

Exactly this. Bait and switch. I will NEVER spend real money on anything in this game again.

• Like 11

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Local_Warlord:

Y'all tested him plenty before releasing him. He was made powerful on purpose and it was done to make sales on Dante packs. Nerfing him after making money off his packs is shady business practice. I won't spend another dime with you guys. 

Pretty much this 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocerkin said:

full revert, cut the OG given to teammates, thats the only thing that people were asking for

I just thought of something, if dante gives overguard to a random team mate that may have an arcane that only works upon taking damage. It wouldn't work cause overguard right?

Maybe we should bring up this as a point too.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Local_Warlord said:

I hope DE is aware that Canada does have laws on this...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ocerkin said:

full revert, cut the OG given to teammates, thats the only thing that people were asking for

Make the OG a LoS cone so you're actually casting it on people and you can choose who gets it. Makes it thematical and keeps the Chromas, Inraos's, and Nidus's happy.

Edited by MrBoople
  • Like 2

a “touch” of a nerf and you get a “touch” of financial loss, but no seriously everyone says the same points revert and i will never spend money on warframe again how do you expect to keep operating as a company? 

• Like 4

Horrible, unnecessary nerfs. Whoever approved these decisions needs to have their brain checked. They make NO SENSE! Unless y'all wanted to kill off the newest Warframe. In that case, job well done...

• Like 2

Undo the nerf and bring back the joy and playability to Dante. Its even more sad knowing that frame that you guys worked on for so long is getting thrown into trash because of ONE nerf.

Edited by Windowlickr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrBoople said:

Make the OG LoS so you're actually casting it on people and you can choose who gets it. Makes it thematical and keeps the Chromas, Inraos's, and Nidus's happy.

See, that would make too much sense! We aren't about making sense here, only nerfs!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tragedy not hitting ragdolled enemies that are within LOS

Abilities not affeecting mobs has been an issues for years. Vauban can't armor strip mobs with his Bastille if mobs are ragdolled which makes it a massive pain in the Limbo since his 4 with eventually cause mobs to ragdoll.

• Like 1

At this point not reverting would mean the downfall of the game. Everyone voiced there concerns about the same point. With the threat of losing players and sales, I think any sensible company would reconsider there choices and listen to there loyal customers (aka the players). Thinking that such a move was done for just a minor group of people would really kill the joy as that mean that the DEVs would prefer to satisfy only a small portion of the community while neglecting the general view. The amount of damage this has done is unbelievable but is quite understandable.

• Like 6

So dante takes about 18 ability casts now to max his overguard cap, for reference Styanax takes about 6
The issue with overguard was not how fast dante charged it or how much it is but how strong it was ON ALLIES and how it conflicts with old mechanics such as chroma/inaros/nidus
Both of the issues i mentioned above haven't been addressed and dante was only made less smooth to play and much clunkier.

As for you recognizing his dmg isn't the issue yet proceed to nerf his dmg in the WORST and most inconsistent way that exist in warframe, all i can reply to this is "What ?!"

Dante changes made him clunky and he doesn't feel good nor satisfying to play in both overguard and dmg regards, furthermore you can't have possibly gathered actual faithful data to nerf dante in 5 DAYS from his release.

This whole situation has been very disrespectful from the unneeded nerfs to not listening to TONS of feedback/discussion/suggestions in regard to the matter to continuing to disregard the feedback even after the nerfs have hit.

In fact i want to add that if people weren't buying or playing this warframe in those 5 days ONLY THEN you'd have an issue because then you'd realize you made an actually bad design that doesn't appeal to anyone.

I'm asking you with the little faith and trust i have left for you to revert the overguard/los nerfs that dante received and wait for some ACTUAL data before acting.

• Like 6