Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dante nerf resource and forma refund

exeras

Will there be a type of refund of resources and forma to compensate the Dante nerf? I feel like there should be, as I would have not invested the time and resources if I knew Dante would end up being the way it is now. I feel like it's a slap in the wrist to undo all of the work allocated towards building Dante, especially with formas taking a day to build, it leaves behind a bittersweet feeling 😶  

• Like 33

Just now, Daddy.bulbs said:

Yeap i want my achron shards pulled out as well this is not right.

I know some people who either fused 3 normal shards > one tau forged just for casting speed or even other shard typed to meme around. They're very situational shards, and you also cannot revert them. DE didn't no anything severely bad I don't want to blow it out of proportion, but if you're going to make a fix, at least make it a proper one 

• Like 6

It’s the people who got ripped off by spending their actual money to purchase him I feel most sorry for. They were shown a product that wasn’t an accurate portrayal of what they were actually paying for. False advertising and then some. Then there’s those who fused numerous Archon shards to make other shards purely for him. A now the bile and resource cost to remove them as they’re worthless on him. 

• Like 30

To be honest I held off on doing any formaing of Dante since I assumed a nerf was coming. Better to know the state he's in after than to mod for what he is now.
Though I felt more liberal on formaing his book, I do feel like this was a more obvious example of a kneejerk nerf (no offence to DE, I know they didn't really want to do this) so I can understand the compensation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MightyMike87 said:

It’s the people who got ripped off by spending their actual money to purchase him I feel most sorry for. They were shown a product that wasn’t an accurate portrayal of what they were actually paying for. False advertising and then some. Then there’s those who fused numerous Archon shards to make other shards purely for him. A now the bile and resource cost to remove them as they’re worthless on him. 

Doesn't this also have some legal repercussions in some cases? I'm not an expert and probably wrong, but that's wild. I didn't think about the players who bought it with plat, definetely makes me think twice about investing my money 

Dante was fine the way it is, unlocking it required you to be ahead of a lot of content, such a big nerf was frankly uncalled for, it was a perfect introductory frame into endurance missions, I was starting to enjoy the game like I did before too 

• Like 5

usually if something is to good to be true , afk , or disruptive nuking,  de will tweak. plenty of frames when they become to uber or too meta de will nock down a peg to keep inline with others or take a while to rework/tweak them up. ember took so long...anyway

personally, I did forma and shard him, with the new fix  my build didn't work well, so i tweaked and swapped some new mods in , took 10 min to test and nuke SP and stay invulnerable. he is still BS powerful just keep all his stacks active and go to town, did see a bug on 1 cast locking powers in a mission, not sure what cause that 

his style is active cast and just keeping the overguard up or top off when its getting low isnt hard, keeping energy up is very easy given tome mods, archon stretch or siphon or nexus , plenty of options to keep energy up , mainly i just upped range and damage, changed book to different elements and poof he works

even took him (cause he was listed) for deep arcana research 3x mission maxed everything out for difficulty, kept my squad alive untouched and damage amped and i still did 2nd most damage dealt with 3+3+4 cast spam nukes , squad was like gg ez. act as a support frame worked well, kinda felt like playing old trinity roll of guard and semi damage dealer 

i wouldn't mind a forma or resource refund for the week 1+ people or those who bought him 

though .. id also say we should have figured that was gonna be hit with the nerf bat given he kinda took over missions ... when people started gating no dante in recruitment chat because how annoying they were being  its understandable 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, MightyMike87 said:

This is going to open a can of worms but; DE is protected by the beta tag that is still very much active.  Players still have to agree to the beta user agreement to download the game.  This gives DE a lot of leeway to make changes to the game safely, plus there's the long history of DE making adjustments to newly released Warframes a week or three after release.

As to false advertising; can you expand on what was falsely advertised?  I picked up the $14.99 pack, there was no details on Dante or what comes with him that has changed after this update - I still received everything that was advertised. 

The shards are still useable on other Warframes.  The "bile & resource cost" is small in that it's only 30% of bile, a resource that's created from common resources one can obtain by running average mid-tier missions, ones that they'd be running for other items as well.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, exeras said:

Doesn't this also have some legal repercussions in some cases? I'm not an expert and probably wrong, but that's wild. I didn't think about the players who bought it with plat, definetely makes me think twice about investing my money 

Dante was fine the way it is, unlocking it required you to be ahead of a lot of content, such a big nerf was frankly uncalled for, it was a perfect introductory frame into endurance missions, I was starting to enjoy the game like I did before too 

There aren't legal ramifications lol, this game has done this many times and nothing has ever made precedent.  If you had actually played awhile you'd be used to this.  Also Dante was bound to be nerfed, I straight up don't believe you if you say you didn't think so.  He could do literally anything easily, even moreso than frames that were specialized at specific mission types.  It wouldnt be healthy for the game to have him just be the defacto choice for every mode barring like, spy.  Also saying he was an "introductory" frame for endurance and claiming hes fine being ridiculous because it takes a bit of content to get him are fairly conflicting points.  Anyways if you still want to play him and are sad you cant blindly bleed the whole tile dry while watching netflix anymore try a wordwarden build, they actually buffed points of that.

• Like 6

These are all good replies, 

Just now, shadeeye said:

There aren't legal ramifications lol, this game has done this many times and nothing has ever made precedent.  If you had actually played awhile you'd be used to this.  Also Dante was bound to be nerfed, I straight up don't believe you if you say you didn't think so.  He could do literally anything easily, even moreso than frames that were specialized at specific mission types.  It wouldnt be healthy for the game to have him just be the defacto choice for every mode barring like, spy.  Also saying he was an "introductory" frame for endurance and claiming hes fine being ridiculous because it takes a bit of content to get him are fairly conflicting points.  Anyways if you still want to play him and are sad you cant blindly bleed the whole tile dry while watching netflix anymore try a wordwarden build, they actually buffed points of that.

I love this response, and I wasn't personally affected as I didn't even have the forma to spare, but a lot of my friends were, it just doesn't sit right with me. The anticipation of the inevitable is definetely something obvious to watch out for, but even then I feel it's a bit wrong to not revert the progression to a point to where it is still up to the player to invest in the frame or not, especially in a game like warframe where you have to decide who and when to build according to your own resource allocation and available playtime (expecially if you work a 9-5), it's kind of like messing up with a supply line and not taking responsbility for the damage done thereafter. 

I love DE and like I mentioned this is nothing major, but  part of the reason on why I love DE is be cause they usually fix these type of mistakes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This is going to open a can of worms but; DE is protected by the beta tag that is still very much active.  Players still have to agree to the beta user agreement to download the game.  This gives DE a lot of leeway to make changes to the game safely, plus there's the long history of DE making adjustments to newly released Warframes a week or three after release.

As to false advertising; can you expand on what was falsely advertised?  I picked up the $14.99 pack, there was no details on Dante or what comes with him that has changed after this update - I still received everything that was advertised. 

The shards are still useable on other Warframes.  The "bile & resource cost" is small in that it's only 30% of bile, a resource that's created from common resources one can obtain by running average mid-tier missions, ones that they'd be running for other items as well.  

“False advertising” probably wasn’t the best choice of words granted, but let me expand. If I’m shown a product, I purchase that product as seen, I then invest various other resources into it which takes a substantial amount of time then 7 days later that product is totally changed to the point where it’s near enough unrecognisable from the one I purchased I’d have a right to be quite upset. I’ve spent my money on something that no longer functions in the same way. I’d be pretty unhappy. now I didn’t personally purchase the pack so it didn’t affect me in that way thankfully, nor will I be purchasing anything else after this btw, but I do feel a lot of sympathy for people who feel they’ve been somewhat short changed shall we say from what they bought. 

The shard fusion cost and removal may not be a big deal to you, or a lot of later game players, but to some players it will be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MightyMike87 said:

“False advertising” probably wasn’t the best choice of words granted, but let me expand. If I’m shown a product, I purchase that product as seen, I then invest various other resources into it which takes a substantial amount of time then 7 days later that product is totally changed to the point where it’s near enough unrecognisable from the one I purchased I’d have a right to be quite upset. I’ve spent my money on something that no longer functions in the same way. I’d be pretty unhappy. now I didn’t personally purchase the pack so it didn’t affect me in that way thankfully, nor will I be purchasing anything else after this btw, but I do feel a lot of sympathy for people who feel they’ve been somewhat short changed shall we say from what they bought. 

The shard fusion cost and removal may not be a big deal to you, or a lot of later game players, but to some players it will be. 

I've played Dante before & after the change; you're exaggerating the situation.  Especially since DE has clearly stated that the LoS issues weren't part of the intended design & they are actively working on it.

Choosing to manufacture outrage on behalf of the faceless "someone" is really a waste of everyone's time.  

• Like 8

9 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I genuinely feel scammed. This is the first frame in forever I actually bought with Platinum, now he is literally completely useless. If I'm one single stair below the floor my 4 just does not work. Line of sight means as long as you can see them it should work. I legitimately feel like I've been rugpulled by DE, I've honestly never felt this way before about Digital Extremes and I don't know what to think. How can you spend longer than 10 minutes internally testing this character, release it in the state it was in, and then think this is an acceptable fix that players will be okay with.

I know this is dramatic, but I'm honestly upset to the point I feel like uninstalling the game. Give me my platinum and forma back :'(

This is an example of just one of the many comments like it that echo’s the point I’m trying to make. 

I've played Dante before & after the change; you're exaggerating the situation.  Especially since DE has clearly stated that the LoS issues weren't part of the intended design & they are actively working on it.

Choosing to manufacture outrage on behalf of the faceless "someone" is really a waste of everyone's time.  

“Manufacture outrage from the faceless someone” Jesus you really should take a look around the forum if you think that’s what I’ve done. Take 5 minutes and have a look, you’ll find plenty of comments that echo precisely what I’m saying. As for your Dante post nerf ‘opinion’ 😂 

• Like 6

Ngl my Dante feels pretty much unchanged… He’s still unkillable, still wipes rooms like nobody’s business. Honestly the only part of the nerf I even notice is that the birds don’t increase status damage anymore (And I really only used that for things with slash resistance)

Did a SP Omnia Void Cascade with him earlier and he’s still comfy as all hell. 

• Like 1

Is this the first time you've played a new warframe or something? 

Because this ALWAYS happens when a new warframes releases. This is only first series of changes that Dante will receive over the next few weeks.

This always amazes me. It's not like they didn't warn you that this would happen....or the fact that this always happens with a new warframe release.

Dante is still quite a good warframe, so why get upset about your "investment" when Dante still in a very good place?

Your not going to get it back anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Not to mention that the LOS issue is getting fixed. Because that really wasn't the intended change.

8 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

Just amazes me how some people view this as the end of the world. Lol

The sun will still rise tomorrow. Everyone needs to chill 

It amazes me too, but then I get a really good laugh because 1) They said they'd do it and 2) There's going to be at least 3 more hot fixes that's directly related to Dante.

Edited by Cram_Duahcim
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

Because this ALWAYS happens a new warframes releases. This is only first series of changes that Dante will receive over the next few weeks.

This always amazes me. It's not like they didn't warn you that this would happen....or the fact that this always happens with a new warframe release.

Dante is still quite a good warframe, so why get upset about your "investment" when Dante still in a very good place?

Not to mention that the LOS issue is getting fixed.

It amazes me too, but then I get a really good laugh because 1) They said they'd do it and 2) There's going to be at least 3 more hot fixes that's directly related to Dante.

Cool story, any update on the Gauss Nerf btw? Genuinely curious. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cram_Duahcim said:

It amazes me too, but then I get a really good laugh because 1) They said they'd do it and 2) There's going to be at least 3 more hot fixes that's directly related to Dante

Right? Even I was like, this seems a little too good. Lol

As soon as they get the line of sight fixed he'll be just fine. 

2 minutes ago, MightyMike87 said:

I genuinely feel scammed. This is the first frame in forever I actually bought with Platinum, now he is literally completely useless. If I'm one single stair below the floor my 4 just does not work. Line of sight means as long as you can see them it should work. I legitimately feel like I've been rugpulled by DE, I've honestly never felt this way before about Digital Extremes and I don't know what to think. How can you spend longer than 10 minutes internally testing this character, release it in the state it was in, and then think this is an acceptable fix that players will be okay with.

I know this is dramatic, but I'm honestly upset to the point I feel like uninstalling the game. Give me my platinum and forma back :'(

This is an example of just one of the many comments like it that echo’s the point I’m trying to make. 

This is why I chose the word "exaggeration"

DE has stated this is an ongoing change.  Dante will change again.  DE will most likely offer compensation to players after they've completed their changes.  Because otherwise they're constantly refunding resources with every hotfix they send out, which creates more issues.

1 minute ago, MightyMike87 said:

“Manufacture outrage from the faceless someone” Jesus you really should take a look around the forum if you think that’s what I’ve done. Take 5 minutes and have a look, you’ll find plenty of comments that echo precisely what I’m saying. As for your Dante post nerf ‘opinion’ 😂 

When you fail to post links, then that's exactly what you're doing.  "Someone I know said their best best roommates buddy-pal is mad about..." lacks credibility, just like your misuse of 'opinion' as an attempted slight. 😘

If you want to be taken seriously, don't pretend to crusade on behalf of My Friends™ and provide something tangible, otherwise you're just a 🤡Cat Goodbye GIF

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cram_Duahcim said:

Because this ALWAYS happens when a new warframes releases. This is only first series of changes that Dante will receive over the next few weeks.

Not to mention that the LOS issue is getting fixed. Because that really wasn't the intended change.

Just to clarify that wasn’t my post, it was a quote from another forum member on another thread. I clearly stated at the bottom of the post it was an example of the point I was making regards other peoples feelings after purchasing the Dante pack. I didn’t so I haven’t lost any financial ‘investment’ 👍 

This is why I chose the word "exaggeration"

DE has stated this is an ongoing change.  Dante will change again.  DE will most likely offer compensation to players after they've completed their changes.  Because otherwise they're constantly refunding resources with every hotfix they send out, which creates more issues.

When you fail to post links, then that's exactly what you're doing.  "Someone I know said their best best roommates buddy-pal is mad about..." lacks credibility, just like your misuse of 'opinion' as an attempted slight. 😘

If you want to be taken seriously, don't pretend to crusade on behalf of My Friends™ and provide something tangible, otherwise you're just a 🤡Cat Goodbye GIF

Yes I was unable to post the link as I don’t use these forums much at all and am not sure how to 🤷‍♂️ The fact you clearly haven’t a clue what 99% of the forum are saying at this very moment isn’t my concern tbh. Youre free to live in your fantasy land where everything is fine and nobody’s really upset if you wish. Doesnt change the fact that message is one of hundreds posted on here this evening echoing the same thoughts. 

http://I genuinely feel scammed. This is the first frame in forever I actually bought with Platinum, now he is literally completely useless. If I'm one single stair below the floor my 4 just does not work. Line of sight means as long as you can see them it should work. I legitimately feel like I've been rugpulled by DE, I've honestly never felt this way before about Digital Extremes and I don't know what to think. How can you spend longer than 10 minutes internally testing this character, release it in the state it was in, and then think this is an acceptable fix that players will be okay with. I know this is dramatic, but I'm honestly upset to the point I feel like uninstalling the game. Give me my platinum and forma back :'(    

“The Faceless someone” I “manafactured” 😘

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

I hope you're right, but history shows that DE has no idea how to code LoS checks in Warframe.  Whipclaw and Fire Blast are famously unreliable, and will frequently miss for reasons that aren't clear to the player.

Hopefully DE fixes Dante's... and then goes on to repair other wonky LoS checks.  Perhaps the community response will be the impetus they need to shake this bad reputation for awful LoS checks in this game.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Shodian87 said:

Right? Even I was like, this seems a little too good. Lol

As soon as I got Final Verse unlocked, I knew he was already under review lol under-ranked with auto install mod set up & he was still wiping half the map?  I could hear the sound of the nerf bat lol