Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

These are some of the worst nerfs in a while

These are from the recent hotfix. The official changes will be italicized and my feedback to the changes will be below each one in normal font.

Dante Balance Changes

Dante was the first frame since Guass that felt truly complete and truly pumped full of passion. But these changes have neutered that, especially when it comes to his non-Noctua gameplay.

• Final Verse’s “Tragedy” now only affects enemies within Line of Sight.
    • Horrendous change, as LoS additions typically are 95% of the time. It is rife with bugs his 3 (which already has LoS) otherwise has the ability to work around, and the confirmed improvements will do little to nothing to alleviate this. It also encourages you to be stationary as you need to cast your 3 twice (typically as you're running through enemies); As if you turn a corner now, the enemies you hit with your first cast are left untouched. (Tragedy also filled another extremely niche role that hasn't been improved in forever, but now that's also gone).
  • Reduced the amount of Overguard gained from Final Verse’s “Triumph” from 5000 to 2000 at Max Rank. 
    • Workable, but pointless. At best this should have been the reduced values allies got and Dante should have kept the original values.
      • Overguard is also an anti-team-synergy problem of your own creation. Overguard prevents Nourish's viral AoE, it prevents Rage builds from working, it prevents Equinox's enemy slowing augment from working, Chroma's Vex Armor, etc... Just make all of these effects work on damage to overguard.
  • Reduced the amount of Overguard gained from Light Verse from 500 to 250 at Max Rank (can still be modified with Ability Strength). 
    • Same thing here.
  • Final Verse’s “Pageflight” no longer applies increased Status Effect Damage to enemies hit by its Paragrimms. 
    • I didn't expect this to have much of an impact, but you can really feel it when facing just base Steel Path horror-type Murmur enemies. Their large resistance to slash damage and increased health pools to account for the fact they have no armor/shields makes his Tragedy combo (that otherwise felt great with some work-arounds) now feel like I'm wasting my time with this frame.

Changes:

• While the “Divine Retribution” Augment Mod is equipped, the base range of Nezha’s Divine Spears is reduced by 50% (at all Mod Ranks).
    • This augment changed Nezha from "generic weapons tank no.7" for me, to finally a fun, engaging, and usefully frame. This change not only completely kills that for me, but it kills Nezha's role as a CC tank. The things you needed to do to truly get this mod to optimally work felt great. But now all I feel it that I've wasted my time investing in him, and that the devs that made this change are tone-deaf.

Missed Notes from Update 35.5.0:

Enemies with Crowd Control immunity (ex: Overguard) have had the following interactions removed: 

• Frost's Ice Wave Impedance Augment (specifically the frozen trail that slows them)
  • Rhino’s Stomp (slow effect)
  • Primary Obstruct (weapon jamming)
  • Exodia Epidemic (enemy suspension)
  • Zenurik Temporal Drag (slow effect)
  • Wisp’s Breach Surge (blind)
  • Halikar (disarm)
  • Mesa’s Muzzle Flash (blind)
  • Proboscis Cernos (stun and pull)
  • Mag’s Counter Pulse Augment (robotics disabling and disarm)
  • Mag’s Fracturing Crush Augment (immobilization) 
  • Malicious Code (immobilization)
    • All fine changes and I expected them to happen at some point. But it feels super bitter for this to happen first, while frames who's most important non-CC mechanics still don't work on overguard after 2 years now.
      • Garuda still can not cast her one on overguarded enemies. Making it impossible to for her to generate her mirror or dread heart. (It is near impossible to play her in places like the 7+ intrinsic SP Duviri portals that drop arcanes.)
      • Gauss' heat Thermal Sunder's unique damage scaling just ceases to work on overguarded enemies.
      • Inaros' Sandstorm can not proc status effects on overguarded enemies.
      • Etc...

And for the top two sections, I'd rather you not add these mechanics/items/frames to the game in the first place if all you're going to do is rip them away from me one week later. Let me at least leave Dante in zero forma hell like the other frames I don't enjoy. And if you say you needed more data to know one-way-or-the-other, then what's the point of the test server that hasn't been used in over 2 years?

These kinds of changes are why myself and likely countless others have no faith in your ability to do good by stuff like making pseudo-exalted weapons (i.e Landslide) separately moddable. Frames like Atlas will forever cease to truly function in places like Duviri or Deep Archimedean, because that's better than them being nerfed into oblivion by someone that doesn't even know they're nerfing them. Or at least that's how it appears. And the list goes on.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 7

More crowd control nerfs? Thank god!!! I was beginning to worry that crowd control was becoming dominant and frames like saryn were being left behind. (Obvious sarcasm)

Also the dante stuff seems weirdly strong of a nerf considering how reb told players to "relax" because the "tweaks" would be "careful", idk man, seems needlessly harsh on a brand new frame that a lot of people just spent plat on.

• Like 4