Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted mods ruin the game

10 hours ago, quxier said:

You know that corrupted mods have downsides as well? Not every frame want +strength - duration.

Are we going to pretend that people can't compensate for those downsides by simply adding more mods? This is exactly the problem I'm depicting: Everyone's build revolves around corrupted mods and compensating for their negatives with other mods.

Which is fine, as someone pointed out to me in this thread: there is really not that many alternatives mod-wise. So might as well have build making be this mini-game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Oh, I never intended to push that Strength was always good. Simply that saying it has diminishing returns is a bit tricky.

In the end. I'm mostly bored and find conversation about fundamental min/maxing potential more interesting than many topics.

It's what used to take up most my time playing Warframe. Pushing solo frames to their limits, mathing out status weights and Avg Procs per second on weapons, It's also why I quit 5 years ago when they changed defensive scaling. Conversations about math and mechanics involved used to show up all the time years back and it was fun. Now everything is so simple. Corrupted mods were the beginning of extreme min/max build concepts for better or worse which is what got my attention.

Happy to have conversations that discuss and debate game mechanics , but i prefer to stick to the topic, else it starts detailing.

I do get the premise of this.. Dante's OG was nerfed because people used all strength  + arcane + invigorations to reach like 600% strength. OF COURSE that was OP. 

And that's only possible by double dipping strength like a maniac..

Meanwhile normal people with 100 to 200% strength struggle with OG upkeep now. 

So yeah, I partly agree that these mods are an issue considering stuff gets nerfed because of double dipping. 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker

I have a slight feeling some users are requesting nerfs out of pure fun to bring the game down and no real thinking goes into it.

I remember when banshee with stretch (the only range mod at the time) was considered to much, they adressed the ability but retained the mod.
This obviously changed with the introduction of corrupted mods, adding strength, range and duration to existing builds and things have been like this for years. You never replaced one mod for another, you added a stat, like range.

To gut the mods like that would mean that countless builds across many players would simply stop working properly, that would inevitably kill the game, a game that would most likely not have OP to experience it.

Players coming around, dropping these ideas and then not playing after said ideas have been implemented is a constant issue with the game. No offense OP, i don't have anything against you, it's just i have seen this story over and over with DE picking up a silly idea, implementing it because "it was requested by the community" and then everyone else having to endure something weird that few asked for.
Need an example? PVP

It's in the game, someone requested it, but those that requested aren't playing it.