Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupted mods ruin the game

Edit:

I had a change of heart. Make it so that you can only equip a single power, range, etc. mod on a warframe.

I think what sucks is not corrupted mods but the ability to stack the same stat. Precision Intensify is a great mod because I can't use it along with normal Intensify. It's either one or the other. Make this true for corrupted mods as well. Otherwise builds are going to be filled with only power, range, etc. increases and nothing else. This kills variety.

It sucks that developers have to balance a warframe knowing that players can slap four different power mods on it. It basically forces everyone to do the same. Want to use an empty slot to experiment with a unique mod? #*!% that, you need more power if you want to be viable.

Get rid of them, I don't even want the endo back. The game would be so much more enjoyable and we wouldn't have drama like with dante now. Developers would have an easier time balancing the frames and builds would be more interesting.

Or know what? Just #*!%ing let people stack power and play with their toy. Why are we treating this game like it's a competitive esports game.

"OH NO THAT PLAYER IS CLEARING THE ROOM TOO FAST!"

Are you #*!%ing kidding me? Who gives a #*!%.

Obviously it's not just a problem with power mods but any method that allows players to stack a lot of the same.

An example: Dante with a standard build (Continuity, Streamline, Stretch and Intensify) has to cast three abilities that cost 70 energy in total to have 3250 overguard. Gotta fill those empty slots with power mods now! HUE HUE HUE!

Edit:

I had a change of heart. Make it so that you can only equip a single power, range, etc. mod on a warframe.

I think what sucks is not corrupted mods but the ability to stack the same stat. Precision Intensify is a great mod because I can't use it along with normal Intensify. It's either one or the other. Make this true for corrupted mods as well. Otherwise builds are going to be filled with only power, range, etc. increases and nothing else. This kills variety.

Edit2:

Drachnyn helped me see the light, #*!% you I'm out.

45 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

What are some of these interesting mods you would like to use but cant because corrupted mods force you to use them?

You know what, after going through the list of mods I have, not many... if any... Holy moly so many uninspired, garbage mods. Don't know why in my head I thought there were more options. Wishful thinking I guess.

This thread shouldn't be called "corrupted mods ruin the game" it should be called "why are so many mods S#&$"

#*!% me.

I mean, my point would stand if there were alternatives to corrupted mods but, there aren't...

Edited by Himerance
  • Like 2

He needs actively use his abilities, he still do the killing, will do better once los get sorted, oveguard constatnly over 46k... removes fear of dying even in new archimedia .

I would argue what should get removed, is shieldgating and overguardgating. Its same as with any other builds you either use x and copy paste mods helminth, or y with same copy paste.

But seriously what ruins game are people exploiting obviously broken things and expect it to remain that way. I want grendel with 50k overguard too, by casting nourish, or even better overguard/shiled inaros nidus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Himerance said:

Try thinking.

Try not posting on a forum while you're mad

I've played with meta builds, meme builds, and builds that are somewhere in between. I can definitely say from experience that you do not need to min-max as much as you seem to obsessing over, and your build will not stop being "valid"

• Like 14

I honestly think there's not enough corrupted and nightmare mods honestly, not enough interactions like nova's 4 that incentivize not just running as much of everything as possible. Stuff like lack of more galvanized mods and non standard generic mods for other gear categories like archguns, archwings nechamechs etc.

In Dante's case he's a new warframe it should be expected to get touched if he is overperforming by alot of people see something release and want it to stay abusable forever. And to the people in the back saying he shouldn't be nerfed bcus its a pve game, I want you to look me in the eyes and tell me DE doesn't already have alot on their table trying to balance the absolute math mess that is player damage and survivability. Like it's kind of hard to figure out what's appropriate damage if you can have 3 guns that do 5 damage 10 damage and then another that does like 300 base damage while all being pistols and then have that problem be multiplied tenfold by actual modding. Because guess what, balancing isn't easy when you got a million variables to take into account and half of them being dynamic on a per build or per mission basis.

As is dante killing entire rooms through walls is something they've been combating for years with general wf changes to stop 1 mile nukes where everything instantly dies without even being aggrod. I will say dante being the best overguard frame was kinda amusing bcus frames like styanax or frost couldnt get up to the massive amount dante could and that's only a part of dante's kit instead of being one of the main things that defines the wf now a days.

I feel like people haven't learned to take a new WF releases with a grain of salt bcus something could be release undercooked or overtuned, it just sometimes happens.

If you remove the ability to stack the same stat then you essentially make warframe builds just not exist and we now have walking archwings with no mods and barely any stats that matter nor scale. We return to the dark ages where warframes stop mattering and people will then move on to finding ways to try and full clear rooms with a gun because the wf is as useful as a sack of rocks.

• Like 1

I would kindly ask you to leave my corrupted mods alone. I ran the missions back when it was a little more fun as opposed to the easy way it is on Deimos today,

do i use them everywhere ? No but i do like them on some of my kit and as for OP I can disagree as the newer arcanes and incarnon offerings make regular start chart inconsequential and no need to step outside of Steel path unless one is helping others.

Edited by johnno23
spelling
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

But seriously what ruins game are people exploiting obviously broken things and expect it to remain that way.

I 100% agree with this particular issue.

oh the pain and tears when the Kuva Bramma got nerfed but many players within an hour or 2 had already worked out how to manage their ammo etc but those to lazy to learn were so hurt it was almost a Shakespearean tragedy

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Lunastune:

I honestly think there's not enough corrupted and nightmare mods honestly, not enough interactions like nova's 4 that incentivize not just running as much of everything as possible. Stuff like lack of more galvanized mods and non standard generic mods for other gear categories like archguns, archwings nechamechs etc.

In Dante's case he's a new warframe it should be expected to get touched if he is overperforming by alot of people see something release and want it to stay abusable forever. And to the people in the back saying he shouldn't be nerfed bcus its a pve game, I want you to look me in the eyes and tell me DE doesn't already have alot on their table trying to balance the absolute math mess that is player damage and survivability. Like it's kind of hard to figure out what's appropriate damage if you can have 3 guns that do 5 damage 10 damage and then another that does like 300 base damage while all being pistols and then have that problem be multiplied tenfold by actual modding. Because guess what, balancing isn't easy when you got a million variables to take into account and half of them being dynamic on a per build or per mission basis.

As is dante killing entire rooms through walls is something they've been combating for years with general wf changes to stop 1 mile nukes where everything instantly dies without even being aggrod. I will say dante being the best overguard frame was kinda amusing bcus frames like styanax or frost couldnt get up to the massive amount dante could and that's only a part of dante's kit instead of being one of the main things that defines the wf now a days.

I feel like people haven't learned to take a new WF releases with a grain of salt bcus something could be release undercooked or overtuned, it just sometimes happens.

If you remove the ability to stack the same stat then you essentially make warframe builds just not exist and we now have walking archwings with no mods and barely any stats that matter nor scale. We return to the dark ages where warframes stop mattering and people will then move on to finding ways to try and full clear rooms with a gun because the wf is as useful as a sack of rocks.

Precision intensify is imo a mod concept DE should explore more.

• Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Himerance:

YES!

Wait why do you agree with that? Fundamentally precision intensify isnt different from corrupted mods: they provide more power but come with a tradeoff.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Wait why do you agree with that? Fundamentally precision intensify isnt different from corrupted mods: they provide more power but come with a tradeoff.

You can't use both intensify and Precision Intensify! Maybe that's the solution to this problem? Huh...

It's the stacking of the same stat that is uninteresting. You feel me?

Edit: Not only is it not interesting but it takes slots away from other more unique mods. Precision Intensify doesn't take a slot away, it simply replaces the one power mod you had before. On some frames this might be better and on some worse.

Edited by Himerance

Yes let's get those nerfed as well while we're at it, and umbral mods those are so op and everyone has them

Can we nerf primed mods as well ? those are still being used

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

Yes let's get those nerfed as well while we're at it, and umbral mods those are so op and everyone has them

Can we nerf primed mods as well ? those are still being used

You completely missed the point.

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Himerance:

You can't use both intensify and Precision Intensify! Maybe that's the solution to this problem? Huh...

It's the stacking of the same stat that is uninteresting. You feel me?

Edit: Not only is it not interesting but it takes slots away from other more unique mods. Precision Intensify doesn't take a slot away, it simply replaces the one power mod you had before. On some frames this might be better and on some worse.

Nah that's a dumb idea, both is good.

I would prefer an overall reduction in various stats in the game at a manageable level to be honest. And change the IPS proc effects , bleed being the only reliable true damage proc really screws up variety.

What I would like to avoid is the various primed mods being the obvious choice , something like the archon mods would be interesting and make some mod combos mutually exclusive so you can't just keep stacking things.

Just now, 0_The_F00l said:

I would prefer an overall reduction in various stats in the game at a manageable level to be honest. And change the IPS proc effects , bleed being the only reliable true damage proc really screws up variety.

What I would like to avoid is the various primed mods being the obvious choice , something like the archon mods would be interesting and make some mod combos mutually exclusive so you can't just keep stacking things.

Ah the nerf crowd at it again, you guys enjoy this don't you ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Himerance said:

Make it so that you can only equip a single power, range, etc. mod on a warframe.

I think what sucks is not corrupted mods but the ability to stack the same stat

it's already this way on guns, you can't equip the crit mod and the corrupted crit mod at the same time.