Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dante Unbound] Our plans for next week (35.5.6)

[DE]Momaw

Message added by [DE]Momaw,

These changes were implemented to the game with Hotfix 35.5.6:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1393246-pc-dante-unbound-hotfix-3556/

DE, you made this exact same mistake with khora by adding line of sight to whipclaw in the past and you had to revert those changes to bring her back to a playable state (though it took too long in my opinion). Lets just be honest, the line of sight checks are a janky mess and just revert it to skip the months of another frame being in the dumpster while you try to attempt to make line of sight palatable and not just feel bad in every instance . Also it feels incredibly disingenuous that you stated that the changes were to address his overguard effecting some interactions with health then turn around and drastically nerf him when, again, you stated that his damage wasn't the issue.

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, AEXir0 said:

Imo Tragedy having line of sight is still a major downgrade. If disruptive/afk like spam is supposed to be countered, I think removing Tragedy's self damage is better, make it only deal damage theough actual status effects would be a good enough change, this makes Tragey more comfortable to use and more on line with his kit about priming enemies eith bleed and so on before deliverying a big nuke of 3-3-4 

no they need to just revert him back they needed to change nothing but how OG was effecting rage ect 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Hercam-Prime said:

people complaining because OH NO I CAN'T KILL ENEMIES THROUGH WALLS 200FT AWAY OH THE HORROR.They don't want to move in a game where movement is one of its biggest advantages over other games. Although I'm still upset how they handled the Nezha augment nerf

i raise you i can't kill enemies standing next to my warframe because the warframe on my screen is protecting them...
Literally being behind the warframe in the screen offers protection from tragedy, FoS is that bugged... it just feels awful to go around and have no idea why stuff that is clearly visible is not getting hit...

The real problem with LoS is that it does not work as intended, if they wanted to limit the range they should have i dont know... -> REDUCE THE RANGE INSTEAD OF LoS <-??? efectively you know reducing the range without making everyone have to deal with buggy  and unreliable LoS..

Also its annoying to have mods that depend on randomness, the increased range have totally diferent effectiveness on my dps depending on the TILE i am in? that #*!%ing sucks

• Like 6

Here's my two cents about Dante state after playing 10 minutes Mot SP (corrupted void survival), 30 minutes of Persto SP (Murmur lab Survival). In Mot everything was well and good, but not as good as before. But since it's a fairly clean tileset with a good variety of enemies, no issue really stood out. Now in persto the new changes really "shine", since the map has low density (for sp survival), resilient enemies and a lot of rubble and obstacles, it made my run a nightmare of getting life support.

So, about the skills:
Tragedy is a detonator, it should NOT be limited by line of sight. If you want to make it more rigid, make it so that you can only detonate an enemy that was market by Dark Verse, yet I don't recommend it. Take LoS out of Tragedy. It makes no sense and makes the gameplay bad. Yes, I can squeeze through it, but it's not good to play around it. People like to talk about his damage, but I do better with a Laetum. Enough said.
Triumph and Overguard, I still think it's undertuned. Not by much, but something could be better. If not the OG on cast, maybe the regen from the buff. It was fine before, not even great, but fine.
Pageflight, I know you said it's going to get its damage amplification back. But here's an addition to it, make it smarter, prioritize stronger enemies and make the frequency of its attack higher.

That is it. I don't think LoS has any place in a detonator ability like Tragedy. Everything else can be tweaked. But, all his parameters seemed fine to begin with, so I really recommend to just revert all the changes and work on the Overguard squad-wide anti-synergy problem. Maybe make pageflight smarter, like I said.

Edited by Museigen
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.

What abilities? Can Spectral Scream or Effigy kill enemies?

Why Chroma needs the extra steps, to get a less significant buff than roar, eclipse or xata's?

Why not just give the full buff at the press of a button?

Also, I'm not doing Deep Archimedea, the missions and parameters returned to the previous version, but not the gear selection.

I'm not going to invest in bad weapons to do this.

Is restricting gear, taking away our tools, that took time and resources to farm and build and giving us penalties, the only way the dev team knows how to create challenging content?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leadathan said:

Remove LoS from tragedy and remove the base damage, making it reliant on 3 for damage and not map wide nuking with 4 in normal starchart content

you cant even get him in regular star chart without paying cash and even then your gonna have to buy a lot of expensive mods if your not far enough to obtain them to even make him able to nuke regular star chart. but for the 10000000th time he wasn't even the best nuke he did an ok job there's plenty of frames i consider a nuclear reactor and dante wasn't even on the list even on release. Octavia for example is completely nuclear even at 1000lvl plus steel path because her damage scales let us late game players have 1 freaking thing you already released a game mode that prevents us from using most of our builds on what you consider "end game " content even though the whole community that actually plays end game knows its still void cascade SP 50+ exolisers thats where we go to test our extreme builds and again stock dante wasnt extreme with damage maybe whole team over guard but his damage doesn't compete with something like incarnon weapons or anything. i would be happier with him being restricted to SP then half the crazy crap everybody is suggesting to make him regular star chart good.

• Like 4

While the overguard rage changes are great, there ARE still frames that can fill a health tank niche being sabotaged by Overguard.  If the stance of having rage and adrenaline only procc when shields are not present or depleted, can we PLEASE finally have some way to disable shields completely on frames?  Like maybe making the decaying key 100% instead of most or a shard or exilus that exchanges shields for health or something equivalent? (just NOT a standard mod PLEASE though an Aura that does that would be amazing!)  I main Oberon and have had a rage self heal build that's worked amazingly for years but runs into a wall when dealing with overguard

• Like 2

• Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

Could you please make it so kinetic plating can also grant energy through overguard? 

• Like 2

Just now, madmaddux said:

you cant even get him in regular star chart without paying cash and even then your gonna have to buy a lot of expensive mods if your not far enough to obtain them to even make him able to nuke regular star chart. but for the 10000000th time he wasn't even the best nuke he did an ok job there's plenty of frames i consider a nuclear reactor and dante wasn't even on the list even on release. Octavia for example is completely nuclear even at 1000lvl plus steel path because her damage scales let us late game players have 1 freaking thing you already released a game mode that prevents us from using most of our builds on what you consider "end game " content even though the whole community that actually plays end game knows its still void cascade SP 50+ exolisers thats where we go to test our extreme builds and again stock dante wasnt extreme with damage maybe whole team over guard but his damage doesn't compete with something like incarnon weapons or anything. i would be happier with him being restricted to SP then half the crazy crap everybody is suggesting to make him regular star chart good.

Bro it takes 20k damage off his 600k damage procs on 4. This wouldn't even be a nerf for sp. It would just make his abilities make more sense synergistically. If you are ignoring what his normal star chart performance you are missing a large chunk of the game

hace 3 horas, Ed3mon dijo:

An amazing start but, almost there, just honestly address the LoS, if you guys have a reason for why you think it needs to be implemented than just explain, it would probably make people understand more

Because is absurd that a frame can nuke an entire map on 3 button presses when equinox need to charge enough damage, saryn needs to spread spores, garuda needs to charge damage and combo with her ult, etc.

58 minutes ago, Hercam-Prime said:

people complaining because OH NO I CAN'T KILL ENEMIES THROUGH WALLS 200FT AWAY OH THE HORROR.They don't want to move in a game where movement is one of its biggest advantages over other games. Although I'm still upset how they handled the Nezha augment nerf

https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyAggressiveWormPJSalt-XA21cwDUsYU4yVcd

he cant kill enemies right
in front of him rn

• Like 4

il y a 7 minutes, Kegnor97 a dit :

Because is absurd that a frame can nuke an entire map on 3 button presses when equinox need to charge enough damage, saryn needs to spread spores, garuda needs to charge damage and combo with her ult, etc.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

MORON!

All thoses frames then procede to destroy rooms non stop for no cost! A Saryn destroys literally 3 rooms ahead!

Your insane!

• Like 6

Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

While this is a nice change, it does not solve the issue, there are still many abilities which functioning is tied to receiving Damage (for which Overguard Damage doesnt count/impede) to work some if not all of it's effects, Nourish (subsumable) and Kinetic Plating to just name a few.

Im inclined to believe that this needs the "Catalyzing Shields" treatment to be fully fixed, recognizing the "Berserker" playstyle beyond the game mechanics, in other words, please create a Corrupted Mod that makes it impossible to attain Overguard, but gives 100% Knockdown Resistance (akin to Primed Sure Footed) in exchange for the Exilus Sot, I believe it is a solution where everyone can come out Happy

• Like 1

hace 5 minutos, Sir-Lorkhan dijo:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

MORON!

All thoses frames then procede to destroy rooms non stop for no cost! A Saryn destroys literally 3 rooms ahead!

Your insane!

They can do it once you get the hang of them and even though is not very deep, it is still more complex than 3 button presses 

It's been an exciting week for Warframe. Following the very positive launch of Dante Unbound, we threw open the doors to the Deep Archimedea and Elite Deep Archimedea. People have been laughing all the way to the bank with their new-found riches of Archon Shards.

But there's also been some missteps which we must take responsibility and apologize for, with regard to Dante himself and the rapid changes that caught people unawares. We've already made a big correction by fixing the new Line of Sight calculations which were, to put it bluntly, not as good as they should have been on release.

We never stop reviewing feedback, and in the spirit of making constant improvements to our game, here's a preview of our next steps in response to what players have said:

• Adding back and formalizing the Status Damage Vulnerability to Dante's "Pageflight". In other words not just making enemies take more Status procs, but also increasing the damage of their Status. We removed this in Hotfix 35.5.3 because it was unexpected, and we regarded it as a bug. But many of you have expressed a desire to have this back, so we are working to restore it.
  • Improving the co-op play between Warframes that give their teammates Overguard and Warframes that rely on taking damage:
    • Vex Armor can charge its damage buff by getting ranged kills and its armor buff by getting melee or ability kills. This is in addition to the existing functionality. This allows Vex Armor to work while having Overguard and also in general provides a nice interaction where you can get the buff faster from playing well and not just from tanking hits.
    • Rage/Hunter Adrenaline will now grant Energy when you don't have Shields, so Inaros and Nidus (or any frame when their Shields are temporarily down), can regenerate Energy even through Overguard.

You can expect to see a Hotfix next week that adds these items. Other forms of self damage like Combat Discipline will also be reviewed in the future. We have definitely heard you on this point, we're just not sure that it will be done as quickly as the other interactions already mentioned.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FineHilariousPorcupineTwitchRPG-n6J-Qnm9mlmk2rVt

https://clips.twitch.tv/HomelyAggressiveWormPJSalt-XA21cwDUsYU4yVcd

It's still broken.

PLEASE pass this to your Bug teams, @[DE]Momaw; @[DE]Pablo - This is still broken.

• Like 3

Reducing the cap for overguard does absolutely nothing to fix this problem you guys mention. Pageflight changes are very nice but the "balancing" of the overguard cap was pointless and only sparked conflict within the community. (also LOS makes any ability 10X worse)

Also, nerfing a frame less than a week after release is the dumbest idea you've come up with so far. Would it cause that much damage to just wait and see the numbers after everyone is using Dante because he is the new shiny thing? Plus Dante is very dominant because he is also very easy to farm and can be acquired in less than 1-2 hours of farming.

• Like 3

I can recognize the necessity of sometimes needing to stick to things for the sake of game health but DE choosing to die on this godforsaken hill is the most stubborn display of excuses I've seen to date.

Actions Speak.

I'm moving on.

• Like 9