Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These Nerfs Uphold Chain Beam Gun Supremecy

Sleepy thoughts.

Line of Sight basically makes Tragedy a gun.  Yeah, Tragedy detonates DoTs to cause damage, but you know what else does damage to things you can see? Melee. Guns. Hit behind you? There's melee for that. Hit what you can't see? Hit around corners? Kuva nukor and incarnon torid to the rescue. Hell, Noctua's little fragments might angle behind a wall too.

The frankly disgusting nerf to Nezha's augment is also really for the same reasons.  Kuva Seer could have been in a really good place as a primer for more than just bunched up or single targets, but now Why would you bother when you can just sweep the room with the Nukor?

Nezha's augment could have done for semi automatic status guns what Kullervro can do for snipers 

Why use an ability when a gun is better and cheaper?

Edited by NemiTheNem
Clarity of title
  • Like 4

• NemiTheNem changed the title to These Nerfs Uphold Chain Beam Gun Supremecy

You know who kills faster than Tragedy for less energy? Mirage + Plasmor.

At this point, Noctua is far best dps than the 3.3.4

Edited by Gaxxian

1 hour ago, Gaxxian said:

You know who kills faster than Tragedy for less energy? Mirage + Plasmor.

At this point, Noctua is far best dps than the 3.3.4

Tragedy has bad damage against armored units without priming on top of that! 

Also Noctua is better, can't have much fun with tome mods though. Also the fragments don't seemntonalways show up.

• Like 1

Don't forget the Tenet Cycron and Ocucor! Honorable mention to Vermisplicer and Catabolyst. EDIT: I FORGOT ATOMOS FRICK

DE has me addicted to beam guns...

Edited by sh0shin
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, sh0shin said:

Don't forget the Tenet Cycron and Ocucor! Honorable mention to Vermisplicer and Catabolyst.

DE has me addicted to beam guns...

Explosives for around corners, melee for clean up...

I don't generally use beam weapons, but I can't stop using my Incarnon Bo Prime with Melee Influence, which I would put in a similar boat of destruction that is limited to specific area.

On 2024-04-06 at 12:55 PM, NemiTheNem said:

The frankly disgusting nerf to Nezha's augment is also really for the same reasons.  Kuva Seer could have been in a really good place as a primer for more than just bunched up or single targets, but now Why would you bother when you can just sweep the room with the Nukor?

Part of the problem is probably that you can (for example) use the Kuva Nukor and then multiply its results by Nezha's Augment.  I can see how someone concerned with maintaining balance in the game would be concerned with this level of scaling and would want to put some manner of limitation on it.

14 minutes ago, UnstarPrime said:

I don't generally use beam weapons, but I can't stop using my Incarnon Bo Prime with Melee Influence, which I would put in a similar boat of destruction that is limited to specific area.

Part of the problem is probably that you can (for example) use the Kuva Nukor and then multiply its results by Nezha's Augment.  I can see how someone concerned with maintaining balance in the game would be concerned with this level of scaling and would want to put some manner of limitation on it.

Sweeping a group of enemies with thr kuva nukor and then divine spearing them would give about the same result as divine spears with augment and then sweeping them, or just shooting '1'.

The augment is incredibly powerful, I agree, and it needed a nerf. But the 50% cut to base range is a 75% cut to area.  If you put all the range mods you can on, it's only a bit larger than the base range.  People are so displeased by this I haven't even seen Canadian Math jokes about it.

They should have played with the balance of range and how power strength plays with status effect transmission, maybe even duration nerf too.