The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading QoL: Ranking Up Mods/Arcanes on Transaction Instead of Prior

Voltage

I know trading QoL is often unexplored, but there are some changes and features that wouldn't disrupt the way trading currently works while still improving the experience for everyone using it.

Over the years, I know first hand that trading leveled equipment (often Rank 10 Gold/Primed Mods) can sometimes feel risky as the other party might pull out of the trade after you spent resources to level the item, and you're left stuck with that cost that you need to find another buyer for so that it doesn't feel wasted. 

My suggestion is a way to toggle Mods/Arcanes/etc. to be ranked on transaction. This means that you place rank 0 Mods/Arcanes/etc. (prioritizing unequipped duplicates before asking if you want to sell an equipped copy.) into a trade window, then select at what rank the item will sell for when sold. This will calculate the trade tax, the Credits/Endo/Duplicates needed to level the items, and bring up the transaction acceptance UI. Once both parties accept the trade, the items are leveled, and the trade proceeds as normal.

This would add security to trading leveled equipment, remove the feeling of risk to pre-leveling for a trade, and also create a feature that ensures that an unequipped duplicate is always traded away with priority if available. This addresses the other issue of players not being easily displayed their equipped items.

A "leveled on transaction completion" feature would be a fantastic addition for traders. This is coming from someone who spends a considerable amount of Endo and Credits pre-leveling Mods, and I've learned myself never to max a mod until just before a trade request to avoid wasted resources when someone decides to swap buyers or drop the transaction altogether.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I know first hand that trading leveled equipment (often Rank 10 Gold/Primed Mods) can sometimes feel risky as the other party might pull out of the trade after you spent resources to level the item, and you're left stuck with that cost that you need to find another buyer for so that it doesn't feel wasted. 

The other party can pull out of the trade at any point. If you sell ranked up mod and you agreed on price for ranked up mod I see no problem.

If they pull of the trade, just find another. Just like with any other item. You invested already into getting the mod (whichever means). 

What makes you think they will not be able to pull off the trade after the option is marked or do you want it to happen after the trade takes place?

Also Credits and Endo may be a big cost/profit for someone relatively new, but is practically nothing for anyone with experience*.

If it is a high risk for you, just do not trade in ranked up mods (plat difference is usually not worth the plat equivalent of Ayatan Endo worth).

Spoiler

*) I did not farm for endo/credits since MR12 a few years ago, I just play the game normally, got 400 milion credits and 500.000 Endo and probably 250 Ayatans, maybe more, I just do not pay attention any more. Endo is abundant in pretty much any mission nowdays.

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

The other party can pull out of the trade at any point. If you sell ranked up mod and you agreed on price for ranked up mod I see no problem.

If they pull of the trade, just find another. Just like with any other item. You invested already into getting the mod (whichever means). 

What makes you think they will not be able to pull off the trade after the option is marked or do you want it to happen after the trade takes place?

Also Credits and Endo may be a big cost/profit for someone relatively new, but is practically nothing for anyone with experience*.

If it is a high risk for you, just do not trade in ranked up mods (plat difference is usually not worth the plat equivalent of Ayatan Endo worth).

My suggestion is like this:

Say you message me asking for Primed Flow at Rank 10. We agree on a price (doesn't matter what that price is). In the trade window, you see Rank 10 Primed Flow with the 1 million Credits trade tax. On my end, I select Rank 0 Primed Flow, but it tells me the trade will cost me an additional 40,920 Endo and 1,976,436 Credits (as opposed to just the trade tax on your Platinum). Once we both click "accept trade", the trade initiates. At that point, the Credits and Endo are subtracted from my inventory and upgrades the mod as it is transferred to your inventory at max rank.

The purpose of this feedback is to add a security to selling ranked items. It also fixes the annoyance of "I can't figure out which duplicate I am selling that might be equipped" (as this system would use rank 0 and/or prioritize unequipped versions before initiating a trade). This isn't about whether I can afford ranking items or the risks with trading as they are. I most definitely can, but this would still be a great QoL.

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

My suggestion is a way to toggle Mods/Arcanes/etc. to be ranked on transaction. This means that you place rank 0 Mods/Arcanes/etc. (prioritizing unequipped duplicates before asking if you want to sell an equipped copy.) into a trade window, then select at what rank the item will sell for when sold. This will calculate the trade tax, the Credits/Endo/Duplicates needed to level the items, and bring up the transaction acceptance UI. Once both parties accept the trade, the items are leveled, and the trade proceeds as normal.

I so much want this. It's not even for security. I can sell that 1 or 2 mod later. It's about selecting not equipped mods. I've used to have 2 different primed flow maxed equipped. I've sold one. It unequiped all p.flow from half of my frames. I think I've put p.flow back to 50+ configs.

Having this system I can just keep unranked mods and just sell those, without worrying about which one is equipped.

• Like 1

• Voltage changed the title to Trading QoL: Ranking Up Mods/Arcanes on Transaction Instead of Prior
17 hours ago, Voltage said:

My suggestion is like this:

Say you message me asking for Primed Flow at Rank 10. We agree on a price (doesn't matter what that price is). In the trade window, you see Rank 10 Primed Flow with the 1 million Credits trade tax. On my end, I select Rank 0 Primed Flow, but it tells me the trade will cost me an additional 40,920 Endo and 1,976,436 Credits (as opposed to just the trade tax on your Platinum). Once we both click "accept trade", the trade initiates. At that point, the Credits and Endo are subtracted from my inventory and upgrades the mod as it is transferred to your inventory at max rank.

The purpose of this feedback is to add a security to selling ranked items. It also fixes the annoyance of "I can't figure out which duplicate I am selling that might be equipped" (as this system would use rank 0 and/or prioritize unequipped versions before initiating a trade). This isn't about whether I can afford ranking items or the risks with trading as they are. I most definitely can, but this would still be a great QoL.

Good idea, would love some qol too to select only 1 item of a stack without pressing enter each time or having an option to select an entire set in 1 click.

19 hours ago, quxier said:

I so much want this. It's not even for security. I can sell that 1 or 2 mod later. It's about selecting not equipped mods. I've used to have 2 different primed flow maxed equipped. I've sold one. It unequiped all p.flow from half of my frames. I think I've put p.flow back to 50+ configs.

Having this system I can just keep unranked mods and just sell those, without worrying about which one is equipped.

Not to say that these ideas presented aren't good or anything, but the game does tell you what mods are equipped somewhere via a little hexagon shaped symbol at the bottom of the mod. So I hope that helps. Granted it could probably be more noticeable or have some sort of extra flags/filters for sorting a player's inventory.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Penitence- said:
20 hours ago, quxier said:

Not to say that these ideas presented aren't good or anything, but the game does tell you what mods are equipped somewhere via a little hexagon shaped symbol at the bottom of the mod. So I hope that helps. Granted it could probably be more noticeable or have some sort of extra flags/filters for sorting a player's inventory.

*surprised pikachu face*

I've been playing for so long but I've just for long time and I've not noticed it. It's probably not noticeable on window mode.

Thanks for info.

37 minutes ago, -Penitence- said:

That flag does not exist for Arcanes, nor does the game properly ensure the same copy of something is always the equipped one. Yes, Mods have a tiny symbol, but it makes little difference when you have several copies of something.