Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is DE good about granting progress lost to bugframe?

HelloInterloper

Question

I've never sent in a ticket before, but I did today. Steel Path Duviri Circuit got glitched. One person was stuck on the old island, the other two of us on the new island. The mission wouldn't start. We had to leave because nothing helped. Is DE good about giving what was lost due to a bug, or do they generally just want you to do it all over again? Never did this before but it was so much progress to lose.

2 answers to this question

Did it not keep your Circuit progress?
As of the Dante Unbound update, Circuit is supposed to save your progress each round instead of you losing everything if you fail.

Unless it makes a special exception for leaving which would be kindof stupid because, well, bugs like that happen.

As for if the devs are good about giving you lost progress back?... I've never personally bothered. But it probably just depends on if they can prove on their end that you did in fact spend the time in the mission you claimed you did, and how much the support working on the other end feels like actually doing their job that day.

Personally I don't see stuff like this as much different than losing a few hours of progress in any other game due to a crash and not having saved in a while. It just happens.
Tho, I guess on the last day of a circuit rotation that is a little bit different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HelloInterloper said:

Steel Path Duviri Circuit got glitched

Congratulations. Most players who did Circuit when it came out, experienced that at least once. Yes, there were some outrages and tantrums on forums,  

1 hour ago, HelloInterloper said:

We had to leave because nothing helped

Just because it may be your first time (and many more to come), I'll give you advice.

You never leave (abort a mission) when something like this happens. You alt+f4 (especially if you are a host and it may fix itself by reloading the mission on host migration) and you recconnect to the mission.

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

Personally I don't see stuff like this as much different than losing a few hours of progress in any other game due to a crash and not having saved in a while. It just happens.

Exactly. Plus it is a F2P game, so not like you can demand anything from it. If it happens too often and it frustrates you, just stop playing it. Come back when it is fixed or dont.