Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced manual note keeping

(PSN)shiwan8

Why am I forced to keep manual notes for trivial things in this game? Why is there a stupendous amount of that? There’s ridiculous amounts of things you have to memorize beyond gameplay, mods, weapons, frames and gear jost to play the game. Why does the Simaris target info not state where you get the target since there’s literally just one viable location per target type? Why does the game not state which nodes on which planets have not been cleared yet? Why do I have to check the wiki every time I want to get some weapon etc. to find out which missions actually drop the parts instead of the game stating something vague that is pretty much exactly as helpful as “just play the game”? And so on. Why is the player forced to do menial tasks that are not done in game? It should be obvious that a game like this is about playing the game and now that is not clear at all. Now it seems that half of my free time has to go for various stat sheets or to memorizing almost irrelevant “fun facts” just so that there’s something I can use as a reference when I need to get something done that is not as straightforward as play any mission. 

Why is this thing deliberately designed in such a way?

17 hours ago, (PSN)shiwan8 said:

Why does the Simaris target info not state where you get the target

It does. Hover over the target. Or check the Codex.

there’s literally just one viable location per target type

Untrue.

Why does the game not state which nodes on which planets have not been cleared yet?

It does. Blue blinking nodes are the ones you still need to complete,
the Arbitration Alert as well as vendor can also tell you what's missing.

the game stating something vague that is pretty much exactly as helpful as “just play the game”

Frames and weapons and stuff often tell you where to get them if you hover over the BP info,
can you give an example that is actually as vague as you mention?

memorizing almost irrelevant “fun facts” just so that there’s something I can use as a reference when I need to get something done that is not as straightforward as play any mission

Are you complaining that the game does not permanently keep an objective on-screen telling you exactly where to go and what to do there?

And that instead, you actually have to commit to such titanic a feat as remembering / choosing what mission(s) to run?

Why is this thing deliberately designed in such a way?

Now, I won't claim that the game couldn't be better about explaining stuff in detail,
or having more transparency on drop tables and whatnot, in-game.

But, not all games need to hold your hand quite as much as certain "modern" games do,
and I'd like to think many players also enjoy aspects of exploration and finding stuff out themselves,
with gameplay not being reduced to just ticking off items on a list.

• Like 1