The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DISCOUNTS: Ever since Bonus Plat discounts came in the game, I have not gotten any discounts on market items.

(PSN)NinjaBlade626

When I logged in, use to get item discounts from the login rewards (20%, 50% 75%) but I haven`t gotten not one, last year I get more plat discounts way more than item discounts, most people are not spending money on this game so when plat discounts appear it`s useless to them.

I am sitting on over 10,000 plat due to me not spending plat in over 5 years, when I use to get 50% and 75% discounts it gave me incentive to spend plat, now all I keep getting is plat discount which is useless since I don`t need to buy plat anymore or want to, it`s like ever since the plat discount has been put in the game the chance of a item discount appearing is very low.

DE you need to look at the drop table for the item discount, one way I can think of to fix this is to combine the two, since they are discounts it should ask to either have a plat discount or an item discount at least players can pick and choose what they want, there is a lot of stuff I want to get (chroma deluxe, operator cosmetics, armour pierces etc) but I want to get them with a discount and not spend full amount on them.

All I'm asking is for you to increase the chance of item discount (lower the plat discount) and combine both discount together and give players the choice of which they want.

Spoiler

I`m going to be keeping track of when I get the discounts and see how much I get them vs a market discount.

I got a 50% plat discount three weeks ago

I got a 50% plat discount on Tuesday 14th May

I got a 30% plat discount on Tuesday 28th May

I got a 50% bonus plat discount on Saturday 8th June

Edited by (PSN)NinjaBlade626
  • Like 3

If I remember correctly, market discount was console exclusive since it's hard to have plat discount on consoles. Not sure how DE solve the buying plat with discount on consoles. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Yeah those 75% market discount vouchers have been discontinued sadly. I've a ton of plat from years of trading so look at plat discounts as dead login rewards tbh. I guess it's to nudge newbies towards spending real world cash. (shrugs)    :thinking:

That's how PC plat coupons have functioned for 11 years. They're only useful if you're buying Platinum. With cross-play and cross-save, DE had to homogenize coupons and discounts. Unfortunately, that shifted console coupons to be inline with PC and not vice-versa (for obvious reasons).

• Like 2

On 2024-04-19 at 9:10 AM, Voltage said:

shifted console coupons to be inline with PC

Unfortunately, they're still arguably a long way from being "inline". The PC 75% off plat would be equivalent to a 300% bonus plat. But we're capped at the same 75% bonus (roughly equivalent to 45% off). Typically, we might get 25% bonus, which is roughly equivalent to about 20% off. 

If they won't match the discounts, I'd much prefer the old discounts.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis

1 minute ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Unfortunately, they're still arguably a long way from being "inline". The PC 75% off plat would be equivalent to a 300% bonus plat. But we're capped at the same 75% bonus (roughly equivalent to 45% off). Typically, we might get 25% bonus, which is roughly equivalent to about 20% off. 

If they won't match the discounts, I'd much prefer the old discounts.

I agree that it's not 1:1, but DE has to streamline the way it works for crossplay purposes. I honestly much prefer your old console coupons than PC, because I just don't buy Platinum.

15 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I agree that it's not 1:1, but DE has to streamline the way it works for crossplay purposes. I honestly much prefer your old console coupons than PC, because I just don't buy Platinum.

I thought DE had mentioned the new "bonus plat" console discounts were an experiment and they'd make the final decision at a later date. Perhaps I'm simply mistaken. Seems like the decision has been made, so I gotta live with it.

The extra salt, when PSN has sales and discounts the plat bundles (maybe once or twice a year), they give better discounts. So even if I did buy plat, I may as well wait for those sales instead.

On 2024-04-18 at 5:31 PM, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Yeah those 75% market discount vouchers have been discontinued sadly. I've a ton of plat from years of trading so look at plat discounts as dead login rewards tbh. I guess it's to nudge newbies towards spending real world cash. (shrugs)    :thinking:

Wrong, I keep receiving them, even more often than other coupons. And I never need them because, like the OP, I have collected a bunch of platinum through trading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-18 at 4:31 PM, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Can you show proof that it`s discontinued? same I have lots of plat for that reason the discounts gave incentive for me to spent my plat. If what you say is true about new players that`s scummy

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Is it possible we could have an (FREE) 75% Discount we can CLAIM from the (in-game-Market) once every 3 month that last 30 days?? please
this would help alot for when we use it to get platinum.

and another for spending plat in-game for an discount?

Problem is i normaly get the 75% discount when im BROKE.... before 19/20th... and can never use it
I wish it lasted until end of month at very least!

Edited by ZaZoTX

That's not going to happen. If you think there's the slightest chance of it happening, I hope you get the help you clearly need.

On 2024-05-14 at 9:11 AM, ZaZoTX said:

Problem is i normaly get the 75% discount when im BROKE.... before 19/20th... and can never use it

Skip McD or Starbucks a few times (or pick them up yourself and stop using Doordash and garbage like that), put the money aside, and have some impulse control.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

That's not going to happen. If you think there's the slightest chance of it happening, I hope you get the help you clearly need.

Skip McD or Starbucks a few times (or pick them up yourself and stop using Doordash and garbage like that), put the money aside, and have some impulse control.

Bro get a grip, when someone says “broke” it could be from a range of situations ie bills and so on so you come up with impulse control lol

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Bro get a grip, when someone says “broke” it could be from a range of situations ie bills and so on so you come up with impulse control lol

Their post sounds like they're always broke. If that's really the case, then they don't need to be spending money on Warframe at all and should be worrying about those bills. If they're always broke by the end of the month after bills, then they need to lay off all the other little spending things they're doing if they want to have some 'play money' left over for Warframe.

Edited by Hobie-wan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Their post sounds like they're always broke. If that's really the case, then they don't need to be spending money on Warframe at all and should be worrying about those bills. If they're always broke by the end of the month after bills, then they need to lay off all the other little spending things they're doing if they want to have some 'play money' left over for Warframe.

No, no it doesn’t they simple said that usually the bonus plat coupons fall when they aren’t as able funded, and they’d like the bonus to last longer, then you spewed straight ignorance, assuming they spend their money on door dash etc, they may just not make a great wage and cover bills and would like to get some fashion frame going ingame, you need to lay off the ignorance goofy ahh take fr.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

they may just not make a great wage and cover bills

Which again means that they should be worrying about important stuff, not buying platinum for Warframe or anything else that isn't necessary. Sure I tossed out fast food delivery as a flippant example, but I can't believe how many people spend double on fast food delivery so they can have it show up cold an hour later, assuming that the driver even shows up at the right door and hasn't eaten half of their fries.

I'm not rolling in money either and I'm not throwing shade for low money flow in this economy. But if one is in that situation, the way to do it is skip some other "treats" along the way and hold on to a little money so that if and when a coupon happens, they can do something about it.

Anyway, the horse is dead and coupons aren't going to last longer or become more frequent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Which again means that they should be worrying about important stuff, not buying platinum for Warframe or anything else that isn't necessary. Sure I tossed out fast food delivery as a flippant example, but I can't believe how many people spend double on fast food delivery so they can have it show up cold an hour later, assuming that the driver even shows up at the right door and hasn't eaten half of their fries.

I'm not rolling in money either and I'm not throwing shade for low money flow in this economy. But if one is in that situation, the way to do it is skip some other "treats" along the way and hold on to a little money so that if and when a coupon happens, they can do something about it.

Anyway, the horse is dead and coupons aren't going to last longer or become more frequent.

Whatever you say champ.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-20 at 10:57 PM, Hobie-wan said:

its better instead if they make it so its an 30day usage so we can use it when we want... why being forced to save money and u never know what date it comes.??
It would be a whole other story if i knew that the discount comes every 14th of "month" login to get the discount....

This way it doesnt really give us to much indication to keep login when we dont know it takes (alteast 30 logins Day to get a discount) etc....

better have it LAST LONGER.

And btw i dont use Mcdonals garbage or unhealthy Shuty starbucks.

Edited by ZaZoTX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...