Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Who thought sealed armor was a good idea?

Maybe it's just me getting a poor gear roll this week, but I'm not sure who thought enemies taking 90% less damage against non-weakspots was a good idea against a faction (mostly rogue culverins) who can have their weakspots completely removed. I just end up with a ton of armless culverins wandering around taking 10-30 damage per hit and regenerating faster than I can kill them because their arms break in one hit. They have another weakspot shown after both arms are broken, but this seems to be purely visual as they weren't taking any extra damage. Also looks like they're completely immune to status after both arms are broken, so can't even force a kill with heat/slash or get a 14 stack corrosive strip to make it a bit easier.

I'm unsure how to deal with it solo, so I guess I'm forced into doing EDA in a public squad. Everything else about EDA has been amazing so far, but sealed armor seems like a poor design decision with the existence of rogue culverins.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kirajuno said:

I'm not sure who thought

That's the neat part. Nobody did. Very little thought went behind the whole thing, not even considering some of the combinations of modifiers would be so conflicting with each other or the enemies. All they did was just come up with modifiers, drop them all into a bowl, mix it up, then spit several out for each week's rotation. Without any rules of "this shouldn't appear with that" and whatnot. And this one thing here with weak-points is just another example of not thinking things through before implementation.

Intentions might have been good - provide a challenge, to force you to aim better instead of just spray-n-pray. But... Not the way it was implemented, without actually balancing the enemies prior to it. Or thinking that such modifier wouldn't properly work with these enemies well in the first place. Same as how we see issues with the Defense mission and these unkillable ghost thingies draining the HP pool in a second - again, nobody thought that one through either.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Intentions might have been good - provide a challenge, to force you to aim better instead of just spray-n-pray.

Exactly!! Against Grineer/Corpus this would've been a great modifier, but against a faction with such weird weakspots (some of which can be destroyed before they even die) it just feels like they weren't thinking at all.

• Like 5

Just now, kirajuno said:

Exactly!! Against Grineer/Corpus this would've been a great modifier, but against a faction with such weird weakspots (some of which can be destroyed before they even die) it just feels like they weren't thinking at all.

Because that's exactly what happened. Or rather... NOT ENOUGH to think through all the possible scenarios. That's because whenever a developer creates a "randomized run" type of game - aka the "rogue-lite" genre - every single piece of balance is being thought out, every single possible roll or scenario considered and evaluated to be good or not. It's random on the surface, to the players... But actually well thought-out and balanced "behind the scenes", with time and effort put into making things work with every single rando-combination.

Not in this case though... Because Warframe is not a game in that genre, while DE - to my knowledge - have no experience in developing rogue-lites either. So of course they botched it. But I guess even bad experience is... well, experience.

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb kirajuno:

Maybe it's just me getting a poor gear roll this week, but I'm not sure who thought enemies taking 90% less damage against non-weakspots was a good idea against a faction (mostly rogue culverins) who can have their weakspots completely removed. I just end up with a ton of armless culverins wandering around taking 10-30 damage per hit and regenerating faster than I can kill them because their arms break in one hit. They have another weakspot shown after both arms are broken, but this seems to be purely visual as they weren't taking any extra damage. Also looks like they're completely immune to status after both arms are broken, so can't even force a kill with heat/slash or get a 14 stack corrosive strip to make it a bit easier.

Yea it's a bit of a horror combo with the regen modifier. Them having no weakspot at all after shooting off the arms feels like a bug tbh.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb kirajuno:

I'm unsure how to deal with it solo, so I guess I'm forced into doing EDA in a public squad. Everything else about EDA has been amazing so far, but sealed armor seems like a poor design decision with the existence of rogue culverins.

Bit of a jank solution but since exterminate spawns more enemies than you need to kill you can just let them be.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Bit of a jank solution but since exterminate spawns more enemies than you need to kill you can just let them be.

Yeah, it's just a bit of a pain since they're one of the "common" enemies so maybe 1/3 of the enemies spawned are rogue culverins who you have to avoid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

The mode lets us attempt it solo, which I'm glad of,  but it's not tuned for solo.

I understand it's not tuned for solo, but if four players get bad gear rolls I don't think it wouldn't even be possible in a squad. My roll wasn't even THAT awful this week, two fully built incarnon secondaries and I still couldn't kill culverins.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kirajuno said:

I understand it's not tuned for solo, but if four players get bad gear rolls I don't think it wouldn't even be possible in a squad. My roll wasn't even THAT awful this week, two fully built incarnon secondaries and I still couldn't kill culverins.

Hopefully the Culverin thing gets fixed, especially before it comes up in Survival.   Other than that I don't have a big problem with the modifier...although maybe I'll change my mind when my rolls are unsalvageable.