Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a new frame after getting Gauss!

JuergenBachmeier

Question

I have just recently aquired Gauss Prime and am now thinking about my next frame. I am looking for a frame that is good for spy missions and i love to play really fast. My first thought was Titania because of her razorwing ability. Can she trigger the alarm by flying through the lasers in spy missions, it seems like she cant in most videos?
I would love to hear any other suggestions for frames and builds to make up for the things that Gauss lacks!

16 answers to this question

For spy, Wukong would be the go to since you can cloud through the lasers. 

Outside of that id prob just use ivara with praedos and a parkour velocity shard.

Limbo also works but a lot of people don't like playing limbo

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

For spy, Wukong would be the go to since you can cloud through the lasers. 

Outside of that id prob just use ivara with praedos and a parkour velocity shard.

Limbo also works but a lot of people don't like playing limbo

Thanks for the quick reply. Wukong sounds pretty cool.
But what about razorwire not triggering lasers? It really does look like it doesnt in the vids to me.

1 minute ago, JuergenBachmeier said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Wukong sounds pretty cool.
But what about razorwire not triggering lasers? It really does look like it doesnt in the vids to me.

I think razorwire does trip lasers, but you can use the dash teleport it has to bypass them. 

If I was home I would test it

3 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I think razorwire does trip lasers, but you can use the dash teleport it has to bypass them. 

If I was home I would test it

Ok so im prob not going to go with Titania then.
Is there another frame you would recommend besides Wukong for maybe a bit more than just spy missions. I feel like Wukong only really excels at stealth witch is not really my prefered play style.

1 minute ago, JuergenBachmeier said:

Ok so im prob not going to go with Titania then.
Is there another frame you would recommend besides Wukong for maybe a bit more than just spy missions. I feel like Wukong only really excels at stealth witch is not really my prefered play style.

Wukong is the best all arounder that can also do spy missions fast.

Limbo can also go through with banish.

I'm pretty sure nova can use her wormholes to bypass lasers as well

1 minute ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Wukong is the best all arounder that can also do spy missions fast.

Limbo can also go through with banish.

I'm pretty sure nova can use her wormholes to bypass lasers as well

Wukong it is then!
Thanks for the great and quick help!

Loki can place his clone past most obstacles and you switch teleport to it, makes stuff pretty simple. 

But Wukong and Ivara require less thinking just activate Prowl/cloud walk and profit 

Edited by Mr_Stach
Misspelling Wukong like some kind of idiot

Wukong can do more than stealth; he's a very tanky frame due to all the survivability in his kit. You can build him as a wepons platform and take him to any mission type. You can also build him around his 4 if you wana have some fun with a vaccum stick XD

Limbo I've really only seen him be better than wu at the lua spy mission. Iirc a friend has a build that managed to do it under 5 min using master's summon and the hack moa. Alternatively you can put ivara's arrows on limbo and give him on demand invis while also being able to ignore lasers

Edited by Sephylon086918

14 minutes ago, Sephylon086918 said:

Limbo I've really only seen him be better than wu at the lua spy mission. Iirc a friend has a build that managed to do it under 5 min using master's summon and the hack moa. Alternatively you can put ivara's arrows on limbo and give him on demand invis while also being able to ignore lasers

He is not. Wukong Speedruns lua spy under 3 minutes.

Pretty sure he skipped some of the parts of that vid, not sure if its coz of an update or something. All I remember is that he uses master's summons to make to moa hack the console without having to get to the console, sometimes from behind the glass/wall, and that he used alot of shortcuts

Edited by Sephylon086918

43 minutes ago, Sephylon086918 said:

Pretty sure he skipped some of the parts of that vid, not sure if its coz of an update or something. All I remember is that he uses master's summons to make to moa hack the console without having to get to the console, sometimes from behind the glass/wall, and that he used alot of shortcuts

He skipped nothing. He uses good old Ciphers (default hotkey is Z I think). He doesnt use any Moas, you can clearly see he runs Carrier Prime. Whole point of spy is using shortcuts. Lua has plenty of alternate routes to take.

53 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

He skipped nothing. He uses good old Ciphers (default hotkey is Z I think). He doesnt use any Moas, you can clearly see he runs Carrier Prime. Whole point of spy is using shortcuts. Lua has plenty of alternate routes to take.

I mean my friend. I showed him the vid and he said the wukong did too many mechanics and walked up to the console instead of using a moa to remote hack wasting time XD

2 hours ago, JuergenBachmeier said:

I am looking for a frame that is good for spy missions

So I use Rhino for spy missions.  Makes it a lot easier when you can just steamroll your way through laser grids to get directly to the hacking points.

As for speed, Wukong I guess would be the go-to for Cloudwalker (I still prefer my way more though).

22 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

So I use Rhino for spy missions.  Makes it a lot easier when you can just steamroll your way through laser grids to get directly to the hacking points.

As for speed, Wukong I guess would be the go-to for Cloudwalker (I still prefer my way more though).

Honestly I end up doing this 9 times out of 10. As long as I can get to the quickly then traps don't matter because I have Ciphers and a Stubborn Attitude. 

• Like 1

If you're going wukong, I would recommend using energy nexus with enough duration to get atleast a 3 sec cloud walker so you end up neutral on your energy econ. You can also subsume  perspicacity and never have to craft another cipher ever again. If you still have the mod slots, you can use cloud walker and make rescue missions a cake walk by giving the rescue target a long lasting invisibility by hovering over them for a few seconds.

Il y a 6 heures, JuergenBachmeier a dit :

I have just recently aquired Gauss Prime and am now thinking about my next frame. I am looking for a frame that is good for spy missions and i love to play really fast. My first thought was Titania because of her razorwing ability. Can she trigger the alarm by flying through the lasers in spy missions, it seems like she cant in most videos?
I would love to hear any other suggestions for frames and builds to make up for the things that Gauss lacks!

Gauss can avoid triggering lasers, much like any frame who can move so fast the laser do not register you passing through them. The base speed of Mach Rush might not be enough, but if you mod for enough sprint speed and use infested mobility, it works out, although probably not sure about all laser types, but green corpus ones seem to be "skippable".