Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Add visual indicators for audio effects

First off, major kudos for the marker for demolysts.  This is a phenominal change, and I'm a huge fan.

But I really would like to see visual indicators added in for a number of other audio effects, and while I can only think of two ones offhand, I feel like this is a function of lack of memory rather than there not being other cases, so hopefully people can chime in.

1)  Rescue mission 'callout' from prisoners.  

This probably doesn't seem that important, and it kind of isn't, but it certainly is very noticeable on the Lua rescue, if nothing else.  If you play with audio on, when you unlock the proper portal, you instantly get a callout saying 'I'm in here!'.  Similarly, if you run past the doors in normal rescue missions you'll get a 'I'm here!' usually.  There simply is no visual indicator for this, so anyone with any sort of hearing impairment or who just plays without game sound won't ever be aware of this.  A single brief ping of something- anything- to draw player attention would be incredibly nice here.  The lua mission it matters more than most because going through the portal will drop quite a lot of abilities.

2) Cache sounds

I feel this is primarily aimed at new players, but there's honestly no reason that mission caches shouldn't get a simple visual indicator that something is 'near'.  I personally feel like a slight 'pulsing' fuzziness around the screen (slow pulse, not rapid) whenever you get into 'audio' range (and have it be constant, so not something where you can cold/hot  your way to glory).  This mostly is going to hit people who don't have a reasonable radar and/or aren't familiar, but even a slight indicator could really do wonders here.

3) Audio cues/overlays for the book (archimedes missions) and silver grove areas

This one is less urgent, because you can usually see the conversation thing come up in the lower right...unless you have that turned off.  But it also can often get pretty far behind in the audio queue, and for some reason none of the typical 'find' abilities work on these either, so if you are moving at a good clip it is 'Okay, well..I passed through the room that had this, at some point in the last 60 seconds.  I guess.'  For this I'm sort of envisioning a dot not unlike the duviri animal conservation chest (neutral icon, very short range), so it doesn't just spell out the way to it from across the map, but does helpfully point you where things are.    Probably to the center of the room/chamber where it triggered would be more than enough.  Alternatively, making golden instinct or the calldown from parallax actually work on these would be genuinely helpful.

As someone who does actually play with sound on (albeit at a low level) I feel almost certain I've missed a few.  Anyone feel free to chime in!

• Like 1

YES!

as you say, these things don't need to be a full wqypoint to the thing, just a visual cue to let you know the audio cue is in effect. Something like a white halo at the edges of the screen, or a colored like pulse from the relevant direction, etc.