Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Important Deimos Lore Question (Spoilers?)

Korlor

Question

So, I'm Fairly New to Warframe, only about 70 hours, and I was in a call with a buddy who's been playing for awhile (he has like 1500 Hours so far) and I really enjoy the Deimos lore so far, and we got into a bit of a heated debate because I referred to Loid as a Cephalon, to which he continuously pushed that he is not a Cephalon, but a construct. I need some clarification on this as in Heart of Deimos, Loid is referred to as the Cephalon Servant to house Entrati, as I've been told is "Outdated"? since in Whispers in the Walls, I guess the that's been retconned. Everything I could find on the Wiki, Transcripts, and Reddit state him as a Cephalon integrated into the Necraloid, so now I'm just confused, is the information really outdated in game or am I just talking to a brick wall?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

What difference there would be between Cephalon and Construct, if there was any?

cephalons were once human later "converted/trapped" into cephalon form. They don't really remember any of their past lives or occasionally like ordis or Suda glitch out and have a bit of that slip trough the "cracks".
Constructs as far as they've been explained (only loid is one we know of atm) were basically a copy of someone's consciousness into a mechanical form with full recollection of what and who they are. like having your own twin and they know they're the twin.

• Like 2

Loid himeslf was a necraloid (a construct) created by albrecht to help the real loid, otak who later got fused into loid to perserve himself was the cephalon.

Edited by EDM774

7 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

cephalons were once human later "converted/trapped" into cephalon form. They don't really remember any of their past lives or occasionally like ordis or Suda glitch out and have a bit of that slip trough the "cracks".
Constructs as far as they've been explained (only loid is one we know of atm) were basically a copy of someone's consciousness into a mechanical form with full recollection of what and who they are. like having your own twin and they know they're the twin.

Those seem to be exact same things just described in different way, unless the difference is that cephalon's original is dead and construct's not necesarily.

30 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Those seem to be exact same things just described in different way, unless the difference is that cephalon's original is dead and construct's not necesarily.

It's kind of the difference between putting someone's a brain in a jar (Cephalon) and making an artificial copy programmed like said brain (Construct)

• Like 2

To @Korlor,

About Cephalon, you will learn more during the Cephalon Suda's Quest (Octavia Anthem). SPOILER apart,

There is a comics prequel to the quest : What Remains, also archive.org link

There is also a 5 issues series Comics of Warframe ... have a good read ^^

All Cephalons are safeguard of human mind more or less altered,

When collecting fragments in the man you gain info inside the codex, there is some secrets about Ordis (the audio part).

Edited by RLanzinger
forgot somes