The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Specter (Tenno)

Avitoris

I think it would be useful to update and change this Specter Tenno system to something like Railjack crew members.

What do you think about it? I would be happy to read your thoughts

Infinite uses, modable weapons, but on a timer with a lengthy cooldown?

I like to summon them for their abilities without having to worry about them leaving after 3 minutes.
It's also great I can summon them again right after they die too.

I'm of the opinion that offensive specters were a mistake, and we should only have specters for defensive abilities such as Ancient Healers, Shield Ospreys, etc. It's pretty stupid you can throw down an item that spawns an auto-turret of Kuva Zarr or whatever flavor of cheese you're feeling.

5 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I'm of the opinion that offensive specters were a mistake, and we should only have specters for defensive abilities such as Ancient Healers, Shield Ospreys, etc. It's pretty stupid you can throw down an item that spawns an auto-turret of Kuva Zarr or whatever flavor of cheese you're feeling.

I agree with this 100%. IDK why we have these, really - maybe from an era where we weren't powerful enough and they felt like solo players needed extra help or something idk, kinda like AI teammates to get a full team - but those type of days are long gone, and I would be perfectly happy to see tenno specters removed from the game, they don't fill any real niche that I'm aware of, don't see high usage either (ancient healers and on-call crew are the only things I ever see get thrown down, if things get really tough I'll sometimes see a Wisp specter once in a blue moon), and can only serve to make balancing harder. Maybe if they could only be used when solo or something, but if the entire team can throw them down - which we can, we just never do because we don't need to - then what's the point.

Also on a very minor note, removing specters from WF would open up the possibility for Nyx and Nekros to further expand and find more usefulness in that area, as they're kinda both trying to tap that space unsuccessfully.

Posted (edited)

FFS can people stop trying to make the game suck? Just stop, let people have nice things, do your thing. And yes, anything that would modify specters would be a nerf because they are good, so just keep silent please.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Avitoris said:

I think it would be useful to update and change this Specter Tenno system to something like Railjack crew members.

I don't agree with making them more like crew members, they're different things and serve different purposes. I'd say it's much more important to make their "ranks" actually mean something because as of right now the difference between the lowest and highest rank is a 10 lvl difference and the fact that crafting a high rank specter is a waste of time and resources. that said if I had to take something from crew mates that would be the ability to let specters keep the fashion of the frame they were generated from

On 2024-05-14 at 12:05 PM, TenZero said:

that said if I had to take something from crew mates that would be the ability to let specters keep the fashion of the frame they were generated from

Yes, just yes, only this, you nerf sayers shush

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this matter, and I agree with some of it. Another idea that came to my mind is that it should be possible to order your Specter  to do something, in a system similar to the one Kahl had