The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get names freed up that are being used by characters who haven't been active for ages?

Posted (edited)

Since millions of people gave Warframe a try at least, a lot of names are already taken and I dislike just adding numbers to a name.

Maybe characters that haven't played since first open beta could be re-added to the pool of available names. Or as a suggestion for a sensible system:

Names of characters at MR3 or below are getting freed up after 6 month of inactivity. Above MR3 each level of MR adding another month of name protection. I.Ex a legendary 4 character name is protected for 6 month + 34 for mastery, 40 month in total.

Edited by Prexades

Posted (edited)

Names can be grabbed via support as long as they've been offline for a sufficient time and made no purchases on the account.

That's how I got this IGN.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

I'm also someone that asked support to release a name that seemed inactive and support confirmed it was. They took the plat from my account and changed the name for me.

• Like 1

Well, I wasn't aware this was something you could do. I've thought about it but never felt brave enough to ask Support about.

Now that I know you can indeed do it, I think I'll be getting my IGN changed soon.

I wrote a ticket and I don't think the CS representative even understood my request.

"

Hello Prexades,

This is an automated email, intended to gather all the necessary information we need to process your request.

Thank you for contacting us.

If you still have access to the email address currently associated with your Warframe account, you can visit the Account Management page in the top right corner of our website.

Or click the following link:
https://www.warframe.com/user

In order for us to be able to change your email address or delete your account, you will need to answer the following security questions about your account correctly:"

That was followed by a couple of generic questions about my account history. 

I don't think I will bother contacting them again as the risk this 'person' will misinterpret my request for a name change as account deletion.

https://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpeg