Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Balance Feedback

Kylo.

Posted (edited)
As a Trinity enjoyer, I'm passionate about her. However, there are areas where I believe adjustments could elevate her effectiveness, particularly in 'challenging' content like Steel Path.
  • Ability Duration: Trinity's abilities often feel like they wear off too quickly, especially in prolonged fights. A moderate increase of 50% or even a doubling of duration would significantly improve the uptime of her vital buffs and heals, allowing for a more consistent support experience.
  • Link Target Capacity: This is a major sticking point for me. In Steel Path, where you're frequently swarmed by dozens of enemies, capping Link at 3 targets feels incredibly restrictive. Scaling Link's capacity based on the number of nearby enemies or simply increasing the maximum number of linked targets would be a welcome change.
  • Abating Link Augment Focus: The Abating Link augment offers valuable armour stripping potential, but its current functionality can be wasteful. Right now, it affects all linked enemies regardless of their armour value. The ability to prioritise armoured targets with Abating Link would significantly improve its efficiency and strategic application.
One of the biggest challenges I face playing Trinity is the disconnect between visual health and Link targeting. Currently, I can identify enemies with armour removed (red health bars) and prioritise them for damage. However, Link often connects to random enemies, sometimes not even those with any armour. This creates confusion, as I'm unsure who to focus on after damaging the initial target.
Expanding Link's capacity to 7-10 enemies would be a significant improvement. With a larger pool of linked targets, I could visually identify enemies with armour removed and confidently prioritise them for damage, instead of shooting enemies that are not linked, and have armour.
Edited by Kylo.
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Ability Duration: Trinity's abilities often feel like they wear off too quickly, especially in prolonged fights. A moderate increase of 50% or even a doubling of duration

Honestly, triple would still be far from outrageous.

Also I would love a hold option on Link to turn it into a "conditonal drain" toggle ability,
only draining Energy when linked up and of course still allowing Energy gains from all sources.

43 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Link Target Capacity

I very much want it to remain a 3 link limit, because Trinity and all, but how about this,
each linked enemy could emit an AoE to spread the damage reflection - and Armor shred via the Augment - to more enemies at once.

I'd also be swell if the Status immunity lingered for ~a second at least once no longer linked,
so killing the last nearby enemy with an AoE weapon doesn't then knock you off your feet :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kylo. said:
As a Trinity enjoyer, I'm passionate about her. However, there are areas where I believe adjustments could elevate her effectiveness, particularly in 'challenging' content like Steel Path.
  • Ability Duration: Trinity's abilities often feel like they wear off too quickly, especially in prolonged fights. A moderate increase of 50% or even a doubling of duration would significantly improve the uptime of her vital buffs and heals, allowing for a more consistent support experience.
  • Link Target Capacity: This is a major sticking point for me. In Steel Path, where you're frequently swarmed by dozens of enemies, capping Link at 3 targets feels incredibly restrictive. Scaling Link's capacity based on the number of nearby enemies or simply increasing the maximum number of linked targets would be a welcome change.
  • Abating Link Augment Focus: The Abating Link augment offers valuable armour stripping potential, but its current functionality can be wasteful. Right now, it affects all linked enemies regardless of their armour value. The ability to prioritise armoured targets with Abating Link would significantly improve its efficiency and strategic application.
One of the biggest challenges I face playing Trinity is the disconnect between visual health and Link targeting. Currently, I can identify enemies with armour removed (red health bars) and prioritise them for damage. However, Link often connects to random enemies, sometimes not even those with any armour. This creates confusion, as I'm unsure who to focus on after damaging the initial target.
Expanding Link's capacity to 7-10 enemies would be a significant improvement. With a larger pool of linked targets, I could visually identify enemies with armour removed and confidently prioritise them for damage, instead of shooting enemies that are not linked, and have armour.

Excellent suggestions.

I'd like to add another.  Currently, all of Trinity's abilities require a full body casting animation.  This locks her in place.  Aim glide casting exists (except when it got removed accidentally), but it's not enough.  Trinity feels really clunky in modern Warframe due to her miniscule base buff durations, yes.  But the tiny durations are made that much worse by requiring a full body cast to refresh them.  And slotting in shards or mods for casting speed is tricky on Trinity, as you basically need everything else already.  Efficiency is a fairly safe dump stat for her, but if you lower it too much you're constantly spamming her 2, which is, as I've already stated, a full body cast.

My biggest request for Trinity is to get most or all of her abilities down to a one hand cast.  I'd certainly love longer base durations and even refresh conditions as well.  I realize that this is more than just a simple numbers tweak, as it would require animation changes.  I hope DE considers it, along with your other suggestions.

• Like 1

Found the same issues, so I built around negating them.

Since Trin can instantly restore all health and shields regardless of their max value, she's effectively the single best frame for shieldgating, as she has theorically bottomless energy supplies.

To make my life easier, I ended up ignoring the duration stat altogether, which later reminded me that EV has a set number of pulses which deal true damage % max health of the target...

So I ended up building with 175% efficiency with Fleeting Expertise and Boreal whatever mod that gives 65% shields and 15% efficiency adding Transient Fortitude in the mix to end up at 13% duration.

Then I added some range and some more strength and EV's augment for good measure.

The build's pretty good, but it makes Link completely unusable, so I subsumed it off for something more valuable with Tharros Strike's defense strip and Dagath's Subsume for a simple but effective access to Viral procs directly on the frame.

Finished it up with yellow archon shards for casting speed.

Now I have something that's active but still very easy to use and can benefit my whole team, but I'm also not weak, thanks to EV's true damage.

I know it doesn't feel "intended", but it's functional. Being able to baby sit my entire team's shieldgate for free is something I find valuable in missions like EDA.

That being said, I still completely understand wanting to buff the base durations.