Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you fix chat connectivity already?

Hexerin

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

6c437b2812fac2d3ef9ab031edf381c7.png

In my experience it's usually on the user's connection - if you're having upstream packet loss, the remote host will send a reset command if it's not receiving acknowledgements in packets. The one time I had this issue it was a faulty modem - replaced it and have not had any problem since. You can check your logs to confirm, there should be some IRC logging in it that might have more information.

3 hours ago, Nekomian said:

In my experience it's usually on the user's connection - if you're having upstream packet loss, the remote host will send a reset command if it's not receiving acknowledgements in packets. The one time I had this issue it was a faulty modem - replaced it and have not had any problem since. You can check your logs to confirm, there should be some IRC logging in it that might have more information.

>issue is specific to Warframe
>"it's on the user's end"

Nah man, just accept that DE's implementation of chat is broken and bad.

2 часа назад, Hexerin сказал:

Chat implementation is certainly not the best in Warframe. But you sure can't rule out user-end issues. Especially since you have done nothing to try to fix it on your end, even haven't tested your connection quality.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm not aware of any other game that uses IRC for chats, but that doesn't mean it's "broken" from DE's implementation. IRC services are notoriously simple, it's just some ISP equipment does not like them, or straight up blocks them (usually with justifications regarding botnets). Just one example of many is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/irc/comments/z7c48g/can_my_isp_block_me_from_accessing_irc_networks_i/

Would it be better if DE up and replaced their entire chat system with more modern functionality? Sure, but I don't see them bothering with that for the level of effort vs pay-off, especially if the issue isn't even caused by their servers or is extremely minimal. Whatever protocol they'd switch to could suffer from the exact same issue, and nothing would be resolved while overhauling an entire chat system that would take weeks (the chat server replacement itself is simple, but everything that connects to it, all bots, logging, etc. would need to be reconfigured).

It's a similar issue with how the P2P connections work between hosts and clients - simple implementation and works fine (literally just traffic to and from IP and port), but some networks and ISPs don't like it (i.e. CG-NAT or ones that have way too short lease times on IPs). It's extremely difficult to account for all conceivable network conditions and topologies for things like this, and it usually results in "what works for most people, or well enough" is what gets implemented. Same exact thing for IRC - basically a ton of standards and services exist for it and it works well enough for 99% of people.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Especially since you have done nothing to try to fix it on your end, even haven't tested your connection quality.

You know what they say about assumptions.

Edited by Hexerin

18 минут назад, Hexerin сказал:

You know what they say about assumptions.

You're welcome to prove me wrong by listing the detailed actions you've taken to fix your issue. Until then my assumption is valid.

Listen, @Hexerin, if you want to make 0 effort to work with others who are trying to help troubleshoot this issue you're having and instead just complain, I'm more than happy to lock the thread.

Error 10054 is not a Warframe unique error. It's a system error caused when another device you're connected to closes a connection, usually because of an incorrectly configured firewall. While this can be an issue on either the client (your) or the host (server) side, given the fact that this error isn't happening to everyone, it's safe to assume that there is something configured incorrectly on the client side. What this means is that there's a very high chance that either your OS's built in firewall, the firewall on your router/local network, or your ISP themselves is doing something that causes Warframe's chat server to close your connection to it.

What this also means is that without some additional information beyond "thing doesn't work for me, fix your crap" such as things you've tried to fix it, network firewall settings, etc, there's pretty much nothing DE could even look into doing to try to address the issue, and nothing that other community members (some of whom might have had a similar issue and may or may not have found a workaround or fix) could do to help troubleshoot.

• Like 3